• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Tero.

Smash Champion
so where is sheik hurtbox? i guess its the part of her body that isnt disjointed?

The yellow bubbles are her hurtboxes, the red ones are the Bair Hitboxes.
In the picture you can see her Bair on frame 5 (1 frame after the hitbox came out).

soap

Smash Hero
i wanna go to pound

but im blowing all my money on nyc for new years

i know the deadline to reserve tickets is new years too

we can still buy at the door right?

soap

Smash Hero
amsah always looked a smash palindrome, well not a palindrome, forgot what its called, but whatever

but ya im goin to new york to club and hang out, maybe drop some x

jk on that last part

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Our boards are superior.

btw. i had a horrible off day yesterday. I couldnt hardly do anything with shiek. it seemed like no matter what i did i couldnt outplay my friends mains. I usually put in good matches and get several wins against their mains, but i think i only won a few times....How often does this happen to you all?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
That happens to me a lot =/.

I guess it happens more often when you try to be a fox main/second though.

Honestly, I just play different characters for a while. When you play and mess up everyone tends to get upset or annoyed that they can't seem to play well.

So I try to loosen up, relax and just try to goof off for a bit.

Though my sheik is so basic it never really happens for my sheik. I mean my sheik's most technical aspect is PCing the edge, and I don't need to use it :laugh:

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
i see. Yes i switched to link and had more success against my friends fox... idk how that happened. off days do exist i guess. lolz its not all johns

btw my friend Sieg had a nice John. After being three stocked consistently by Leviathan for about 30 mins he said
"Well, your just not good enough."

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I have off days like once or twice every 3 months where i feel like im playin really bad. Generaly its refereed to as choking where even our top professionals play bad. Like wobbles not making it out of pools at pound 2 or 3 one of those. And lampchops not making it out of pools at the greatest melee tourney since brawl came out and i believe rom 2. I have played bad as well in some tournaments especialy when i kill myself. When i sd i feel the need to play really aggressive and it just ****s me up worse. I just keep a calm mind now lol. I feel you though bruh.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
ya it totally blows. and girl problems dont help... >.<

My friends suggest I give up women and play nonstop smash, since smash is basically a woman.
Im starting to side with them....

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Well i wouldn't say all that. The time i got off from school i play smash about 2 or 3 times a week while blancing my social life. While that would probably make you better i would never suggest someone give up relations with friends girlfriends/boyfriends. Whatever floats your boat anyway maintain a social life imo is good for you. Why throw that on a video game. Matter fact i plan on playin less smash to focus on school since i start next week. I didn't due amazing cuz i didn't care to study and was more into girls . Not studying for ap history didn't help lol. Now that im in college i plan on studying alot since my money is on the line. Im a man who doesn't like to waste his money lol. Dude bottom line play smash and have friends man.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I don't recommend giving up on a relationship for a video game >_>.

Relationship problems happen in every relationship. Don't give up on it for melee >_>.

Use melee as a stress reliever if anything.

KK - LMFAO or be a loser like meeeeeeee xD

God boredom sucks so much.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Kk are you gay irl? Personaly i could care less but since you said it i wanna know lol. You don't come off as gay imo but i havent seen you in like a year. I hear wife is gay i met him and i have my opinion on it. Regardless it didn't matter since he was mad chill and a good guy. Except for the part where he took my money :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kk are you gay irl? Personaly i could care less but since you said it i wanna know lol. You don't come off as gay imo but i havent seen you in like a year. I hear wife is gay i met him and i have my opinion on it. Regardless it didn't matter since he was mad chill and a good guy. Except for the part where he took my money :(
When did we meet?

o.O

edit: TGMTSBCO?

unknown522

Some guy
How do I beat Ganon?
KK post

The main things that Ganons do are

1) jump back (or stationary) Fair
2) jump back (or stationary) Bair
3) Fair, Uair, or up-angled F-tilt when you're above them
4) F-tilt or Jab when you're ground level with them
5) Dair if you're below them

1 and 5 are countered by jumping and doing moves.

2 is tricky, you have to either go over it, under it, or make them turn around with needles. It's sort of hard to DD grab because they can SH Bair and then immediately DJ, and the SHFF Bair autocancels so there's not much lag.

3 is countered by not being above them. There's not much advantage to being above Ganon, if there is an advantage there at all. So don't be there.

4 is countered by DD grab.

So basically all you have to do is camp and DD when you're grounded and close to them (don't get too close) and jump at them when they jump back to do really, really slow moves. Don't run into their moves.

If they're approaching you, your ground movement and faster startup will win the matchup.

Duck goes under his grab, Jab, non-low F-tilts, F-smash, D-smash, U-smash. So abuse that when you're both grounded. Ganons will likely low their F-tilts (or use D-tilts) to counter this but then they sacrifice the range of the F-tilt to do that and the D-tilt is laggy so you just have to keep outside that range and your duck will be safe provided you can react to and handle Side B, Down B, and Up+B shenanigans.

If you're close to them in shield, crouch is very good. However, beware of Up+B OoS, it's much faster and more ranged than you think it is. However, nobody does it.

If it's an option, combo into grab and chain grab. If you have the chance to combo with D-tilt or D-smash, consider if you could grab instead. If so, do it and chain grab them with no remorse.

Top Bottom