• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Tec0, you also told me you can CC Fair if it isnt spaced correctly.

Sheik will catch people if people actually keep playing her at high levels instead of switching to other characters in harder matchups

*stares at tec0*

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
- You can't shield her attacks-true but your shield can take 1 dsmash if its close to full strength
Ok, you take the Dsmash, now what? Nothing. Your shield is screwed and you're still defending.

- You can't really roll either / Roll away Turnip hits you (sometimes a stitch face) - only if she has a turnip at hand
Obviously I just wrote down one approach. And besides, it's not like it's hard pulling a turnip..

- You can't out-prioritize her attacks / If you tilt too early, you get hit. If you tilt too late, you get hit. If you time it perfectly, you clash. thats theorycraft. Marth should beat sheik under those exact same principles, and we all know that sheik counters marth
You can CC if you get hit.

besides how many characters truly expect to live after being hit off the stage like 2?
Sheik against nearly any other character, Marth, Fox, Jiggs, Peach :embarrass

Offense:
- You can barely combo her - no biggie we cant combo weegee and we still **** him, just take it in small bursts
You say that now.

- You can barely kill her - we have a lethal uair here too, i think killing peach is very possible
Good luck grabbing her.

I have a question though, why do you say you aren't able to CC peach?
Besides the obvious reason that if you successfully CC her FC nairs or whatever you get combo'd, you can't CC her Fair (you fall down), same with her Dtilt. Not sure at what percentage your ability to CC her fair stops (nor do I care really, all I know is that after taking 2 or 3 hits, your CC ability dies.

Save for dsmash and fair I feel like you can CC anything into grab. In particular I CC dash attack and bair fairly often.
Those are mistakes from the Peach player.

Your offense list is pretty legit unfortunately. Sometimes it feels like playing a heavier jigglypuff >_>.
I know..:(

I also wanna say that this is the match up I love using d-tilt. Though its never a combo starter I often use it as a poke when peaches try to land while running away. I was wondering your thoughts on it since I've had a ton of success using it in this fashion against god knows how many characters.
Dtilt = God tilt..:embarrass

You can use it to punish aerials of pretty much every character except that ****ed hell spawn..

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Tec0, you also told me you can CC Fair if it isnt spaced correctly.

Sheik will catch people if people actually keep playing her at high levels instead of switching to other characters in harder matchups

*stares at tec0*
And I wasn't lying to you :laugh:

I've CC grabbed Crismas outta her FC fair before. It happened like... once?

I never said you CAN'T CC fair. As in you can choose to CC dsmash... its just not a good idea :laugh: well same here. I wouldn't recommend trying to CC grab FC fairs it is possible though.

Amash - If you fight peaches that do bairs so low that they can escape a grab that comes out in 7 frames when the landing animation takes 4 frames you're not fighting humans dude.

Basically I understand where you are coming from but disagree with the CC thing. And since I hate percentages, they can go to hell.

Atm I still feel like sheik has the advantage though I'm open to ideas why its the other way around. I'd love to play armada >_____<

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The fact that Amsah thinks that Peach is the only character that can **** edgeguard Sheik does not strike me as a good sign. Like half the cast can **** Sheik's poof lag stupidly hard. Puff's edgeguard on her is definitely better. Rest, F-smashes, Uair Rest combos, Pound, Bair combos, and B-throw are all better against Sheik.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL when it comes to recovering with Sheik its just hopeless.

Learn to doublestick its pretty helpful.

I mean Bowser can edgeguard sheik extremely well if he ever gets her offstage.

If Bowser can do it, the entire ****en cast can edgeguard her with ease. :urg:

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
The fact that Amsah thinks that Peach is the only character that can **** edgeguard Sheik does not strike me as a good sign. Like half the cast can **** Sheik's poof lag stupidly hard. Puff's edgeguard on her is definitely better. Rest, F-smashes, Uair Rest combos, Pound, Bair combos, and B-throw are all better against Sheik.
I don't think that.

And I'm not saying it just because of the edgeguarding, it's everything combined..:embarrass

You mean landing with a bair?

Or do you mean why would peach bair?

:confused:
Yeah, why would a Peach ever bair you at low percentages or on your shield..:embarrass

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well hitting a bair on shield isn't too bad if you're expecting your opponent to be antsy or something. Like hovering over them, the worst that can happen is they stay patient and hit you with a weak nair.

Or at least I do it with peach sometimes and its not so bad *shrugs*

And well you can CC bair til around midish percents its not stupid like her fair anyway.

Maybe they use a bair to cover her landing? Or if they try to trick you with their DJC bair which is pretty popular nowadays.

Possibly vs Bair OOS.

Just throwin out possibilities.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Moral of the last three pages of this thread:
Amsah loses to armada. Just like the rest of the world. Amsah, however, blames it on the matchup on not on the fact that armada is the second best in the world.

Also, when you CC an aerial, do you grab with L/R and A? I was trying to CC grab a while back, but when I pressed z after I let go of down on the control stick, I did a jab..

Spife

Smash Master
if you're in lag of any kind, z acts as the a button (iirc, I'm not sure what attacks you can do with z but I know you jab), so if you want to cc > grab, you have to jc it or dash grab, as crouching + z will just be a dtilt.

So, usually people just hold shield and mash the A button to cc >grab.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Moral of the last three pages of this thread:
Amsah loses to armada. Just like the rest of the world. Amsah, however, blames it on the matchup on not on the fact that armada is the second best in the world.
Your comprehensive reading skills are still subpar I see.

Unless I'm misinterpreting this, it seems like you think Sheik isn't screwed offstage against other characters, which isn't true at all...
I'm just speaking from experience.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Also, when you CC an aerial, do you grab with L/R and A? I was trying to CC grab a while back, but when I pressed z after I let go of down on the control stick, I did a jab..
if you're in lag of any kind, z acts as the a button (iirc, I'm not sure what attacks you can do with z but I know you jab), so if you want to cc > grab, you have to jc it or dash grab, as crouching + z will just be a dtilt.

So, usually people just hold shield and mash the A button to cc >grab.
I do the JC grab version. It feels more natural to me. I guess I just have good timing.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Your comprehensive reading skills are still subpar I see.
And I guess you're still a whiny n00b. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Also, I said earlier that Armada was second best. Forgive me, he's third, behind Mango and Virusbluemage.

Spife

Smash Master
teehee, I can't wait for vbm to like, not be a troll and just wreck everyone with whom ever he plays from his lighting melee experiences.

I can't articulate what i"m trying to say here, but here it goes; i'ma scrub out and say i'll never beat armada (in all seirousness) so having to consider how the best (and only peach that good) can **** a sheik isn't a problem to me, cause it never will come to that etc etc (i.e. I'll lose to armada or similar players no mater the match up :D)

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
And I guess you're still a whiny n00b.
Yet, you were asking me for help, and cried like a little ***** because you didn't like it. :embarrass

Anyway, until you're able to properly read and understand what people are saying, I think it's best if you just shut up because you're embarrassing yourself. :laugh:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yet, you were asking me for help, and cried like a little ***** because you didn't like it. :embarrass

Anyway, until you're able to properly read and understand what people are saying, I think it's best if you just shut up because you're embarrassing yourself. :laugh:
Hey look! This.

Merry Christmas, Sheik boards. Play gay forever.

Smooth Criminal

GOD!

Smash Ace

Cool story bro.

Glad to hear that you consider yourself the entire sheik boards.
I was only interested in hearing the opinions of good sheiks.
And not f@gs that ***** for three pages about the peach match up
because they constantly get ***** by her.

:embarrass
:laugh:

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Glad to hear that you consider yourself the entire sheik boards.
You asked me personally at one point, don''t remember?

I was only interested in hearing the opinions of good sheiks.
GOD! said:
Please critque. Even if you are a noob you might know what I did wrong anyway.
Right.

And not f@gs that ***** for three pages about the peach match up
because they constantly get ***** by her.
*sigh* You're annoying.

If you actually read and understood what I said, you'd know that I don't care about Peach vs Sheik (because I don't plan on using her against someone like Armada). I'm just telling you (the Sheik boards) why I think it's a bad matchup.

But no, you're right. I'm clearly crying. :laugh:

:laugh:
Stop using my smiley, it makes you look ********. :embarrass

[edit]

@Tec0

Your sig is cute..=D

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Amsah, aren't you, like, at least top 3 Sheiks of all time? Thats like me arguing with Hax$ for saying the Jiggs match up is almost impossible against a good Jiggs.

GOD!, Amsah has earned his respect to ***** about whatever he wants. Peach and Sheik go even in NTSC. In PAL she losses every upside to the match up. Her killer uair and her d throw to uair.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Amsah, aren't you, like, at least top 3 Sheiks of all time? Thats like me arguing with Hax$ for saying the Jiggs match up is almost impossible against a good Jiggs.
I don't know about that, but I do know Sheik a lot better than this GOD! kid..

I know it's a silly argument, but I have to do something to pass time and making fun of him is easy and fun because he does 80% of the work for me.. :embarrass

GOD!

Smash Ace
Amsah's argument:

"It's impossible for the sheik to get on the stage with the peach and the bair oh noez"

Um get over it and adapt. I'm pretty sure a total n00b could tell you that all you have to do is play smarter, cause you have like 50 options from the ledge and an infinite stall.

Lolz, but cause you're better than me you must be right.. that's called an appeal to authority, look it up.

All of the bad things you listed in your Offense/Defense list can be worked around. But you just get read like a book.

Oh well, have fun going fox and getting ***** harder, cause I'm sure armada doesn't know the fox matchup at all :)

Go Tope/KK/M2K/Tec0/Vanz/any other sheik who doesn't cry like a baby.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Lolz, but cause you're better than me you must be right.. that's called an appeal to authority, look it up.
Could it be that God! is using a website as a forum for proper debate? Wow. Decorum must suck around here. Ya'll need to shape up! Start brushing up on the Latin name for that term right this second.

>_> God, just shut up.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom