• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Guys if we have enough supporters, we might be able to persuade the guys at Shadowloo HQ to make Shadowloo Showdown an APEX 2014 qualifier. I want it, I know you want it, so please show some support by either liking this post, creating a new thread or persuading the guys at Shadowloo HQ. Come on guys, let's make this happen.
realistically though, who would this even benefit?

the vast majority of entrants have no intention of going to apex, and most people going to apex wouldnt be able to come to SS. not to mention we get apex seeding points, anyway.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Any australian travelling to Apex wouldn't get screwed over in seeding (Alex Strife would guarantee it).

APEX qualifiers are worthwhile to those which go to multiple events for seeding points. In particular, being rated very highly over multiple qualifiers provides stipends and entry fee coverage.

Splice

Smash Hero
uh, is it even SLHQ's jurisdiction to make the event an Apex qualifier?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Basically, mum agreed that so long as I could cover travel fees she would do the rest but maaan....

I've been looking for work for ages... basically if the place i'm looking at/asking now lets me in I should be alright (I have a decent shot at it too) but if not then that will have been my last defense... :-(

*choke*

Hughie

Smash Lad
Actually, I might need a Melee doubles partner. I'm probably going to reg tonight so yeah. Also Brawl.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Tell me when you reg for Melee doubles.

I'm going to reg at last minute so give me stuff such as the team name and the tag you registered with.

My tag will be ~BC~

Tag I will be registering under is SurPr15e. My opinion for a team name is Year SurPr15e BC. Will register soon.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
BC we're still teaming for Brawl right?
Ofc, let's wreak AUS with the Anubis strat!

Wait your coming to this BC? Ok I gotta get to this, I want that rematch.
He'll yeah, I want to come! Can't wait for our rematch, I hope you know a lot about vs Lucario because the Marth MU is a MU I have played a lot. :)

No pressure of course :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
;_;

So the resume I put in for work hasn't come back, which probably means they either haven't checked it or, because of the fact I forgot to give my name to them last time I saw them, they may have dismissed my e-mail as spam.

But basically it looks like the deal is sealed, and I can't make it to SS this year, which pains me a lot because I was looking forward to not only seeing everyone again but meeting BC for the first time. Sorry buddy - it'll have to be next year my friend.

Sorry guys. I really am. :(

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
lol, why are so many people keen on me coming? I don't get it. I only placed 4th In QLD, nothing special. I won't make it out of pools lolololololol.

Next time, Luco.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
lol, why are so many people keen on me coming? I don't get it. I only placed 4th In QLD, nothing special. I won't make it out of pools lolololololol.

Next time, Luco.
Only reason people are so keen on you coming is because you are awesome and such a nice guy even though I never met you. Also they want to see us win Melee doubles. Remember, the end has come.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
one of the kings of umvc3 is playing brawl at SS this year? hype please?

also, 2 weeks left to register guys! get on it now!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yo luco dawg,

You can't afford a train or something? Or maybe you could hitchhike?
Haha, well, even if the train ride cost $20, i'd still need $120 for both ways for the three of us that came last time (my bro, my father and I). I could ask my father to cover the costs and pay him back but i'd also need to talk to mum first.

And BC, I thought it was obvious i've wanted to meet you for like, ever lawl. ^_^

S.D

Smash Master
;_;

So the resume I put in for work hasn't come back, which probably means they either haven't checked it or, because of the fact I forgot to give my name to them last time I saw them, they may have dismissed my e-mail as spam.

But basically it looks like the deal is sealed, and I can't make it to SS this year, which pains me a lot because I was looking forward to not only seeing everyone again but meeting BC for the first time. Sorry buddy - it'll have to be next year my friend.

Sorry guys. I really am. :(
Ever heard of a follow up call? Try ringing them to ask if they received/reviewed your application and restate your interest in the job.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Sweet, Jamwa.

@ anyone: what's the go? The schedule isn't out, Does anyone know what the go is?

Both games lasting the three days or just two?

I need to know so I can book flights.

ViVa

Smash Ace
there won't be any tournament on friday.

btw viva you going? want to team?

I wasn't planning on going tbh. I'll go to the slhq thing this weekend to see if I still give enough of a f*** about brawl and if I do then maybe I will, and yeah I'll team with you on that occasion.

Also dean PM me if you wanna play smash during these holidays. I've been playing on wifi(lol) and am sorta keen.

Top Bottom