• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Why can't crew battles be on Sunday after Melee and Brawl singles. It can serve as a good aftermath to the finals, bring back the rivalry of states and other countries and give smashers something to do after singles finals.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Why can't crew battles be on Sunday after Melee and Brawl singles. It can serve as a good aftermath to the finals, bring back the rivalry of states and other countries and give smashers something to do after singles finals.
we're a rather small part of a very large tournament.

from what i can tell, when top 4 is announced, there will be no friendly setups, only main stage hype. this is why you actualy come to these events in the first place.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Wonder if there is any chance of a second stream for Smash. Also wondering whether there is going to be in game sponsorship or sponsorship in general for Smash and whether there is going to be a pot boost. I hope there is a pot boost because seriously. It's the largest Smash tournament in the southern hemisphere.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wonder if there is any chance of a second stream for Smash. Also wondering whether there is going to be in game sponsorship or sponsorship in general for Smash and whether there is going to be a pot boost. I hope there is a pot boost because seriously. It's the largest Smash tournament in the southern hemisphere.

S.D

Smash Master
Don't get it twisted, it's the largest FGC tournament in the southern hemisphere, not for smash.
Judging by registrations so far it's probably going to be about as big as a monthly.. sigh.

Attila_

BRoomer
Not gonnna lie; I'm pretty disappointed with how the community has responsed to this tournament.

Sort it out.

Hughie

Smash Lad
I'm pretty bummed about the turnout, unless there is some sort of crazy sign up in the next 3 days

S.D

Smash Master
We've been average on our end in terms of promotion as well, but overall it's very disappointing to say the least how poor this is shaping up. Particularly after all Shadowlogic's efforts to include us and make us part of this, we've done nothing to warrant our future place in the line-up to this point.
I'm very disappointed.

YoshiAustralia

Smash Apprentice
I have registered and my brother will very soon. About the tickets that were sent to my email, do I print it and take it the venue?

Oh and how was the turnout last year. Apologies for doubleposting but my computer didn't let me for some reason.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Smash was not at Shadowloo Showdown last year. This is the first time it's happening this year. Come on guys make an effort. If there is going to be hype and we want it for next year, we need more people at the Smash event.

We've been average on our end in terms of promotion as well, but overall it's very disappointing to say the least how poor this is shaping up. Particularly after all Shadowlogic's efforts to include us and make us part of this, we've done nothing to warrant our future place in the line-up to this point.
I'm very disappointed.
If we need more promotion. Why don't we get more international players other than Ranmasama. That way we have a better turnout and can guarantee a place for Smash returning at Shadowloo Showdown next year.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I just registered; at least I think I have. I selected Direct Bank Debit, but it's saying pay cash at the venue. So I guess that's what I'll do.

S.D

Smash Master
If we need more promotion. Why don't we get more international players other than Ranmasama. That way we have a better turnout and can guarantee a place for Smash returning at Shadowloo Showdown next year.
Firstly it's far too short notice now to try and get anyone to come. Second it would be super expensive so close to the date. Third we should be representing our own community in force, not bringing other people over to do it for us. We have to justify our own existence, but smashers have never been great at mobilising/organisation.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The quick edit isn't working at the moment.
Go into the proper full post page thing (click "More Options") to edit your posts please.

Smashboards dying sucked a lot, for everyone and everything.
The international player sponsorship thing fell through for whatever reason. Basically screwing over a lot of hype.

S.D

Smash Master
Edit: Never mind

Cao was our leader, and I don't think anyone has or will be able to replace him without a concentrated effort. The older gen is not ideally placed to do this, we need someone with time and enthusiasm.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
@S.D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWeB9DwITGE#t=06m06s. You said it yourself at 6:28 that we might be throwing in some sponsorships. What happened man.

flights to your continent are very expensive on such short notice. i'm not a local sorry.

hail the dark lord.
If only man. There should be some websites that give cheap flights to Melbourne. Try Virgin or Jetstar. By the way. All hail to the dark king. Behold the dark king, the dark king of kings.

Attila_

BRoomer
The key thing there was 'might'. We never confirmed anything. In fact, I only suggested the possibility to a handful of people. Then it was posted on swf and went nuts.

Back then I was expecting way more entrants than what we currently have. It's fair to say that we don't deserve internationals.

Main two things that went wrong was cao's withdrawal, and the ddos. A combination of the two made PR really hard. But, we continue to try.

I thought of SS as our chance to show the FGC that smash is a real fighting game with a real community. So that way, when smash 4 comes out, we would be able foster a big community from the get go. And although this is much harder now, I'd like to still think we can make a solid impression.

Get around us. Tell your friends to register. Hustle interest in the stream. Contact them out of staters. And when smash finals are up on stage, you better cheer.

Cause this is bigger than you or me. This is bigger then all of us.

Welcome to Shadowloo.

Splice

Smash Hero
Im just going to pay at the door coz I can't pay online
internet is hard yo

Splice

Smash Hero
wow wat you could last year.
now i have to call my mum and **** such a ****ing pain

Nido

ily Sebby
Also, is it possible for someone to bring the gcc screwdriver to ss and help me with my controller?

The Z button feels jammed and hardly works all of a sudden.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Bad news everyone. It is with great regret that I inform all of you that BC will not be able to make it to Shadowloo Showdown. This is a sad day for us all as everyone was expecting the Queensland Smash legend to come down to one of the biggest tournaments in Australia and I'm sad because I just lost my Melee doubles partner. I hope BC gets the appreciation he deserves and that he watches us on the stream knowing he will always be in our hearts.This is a sad day for Smash history. Good luck BC for future Smash events and long live BC.

Top Bottom