• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
timic is coming and will probably get a really high rank because of zxv and peeps not being there ^^

if you can't afford tourney pay 20 for spectator and afaik you can play friendlies! get over here

and Surprise I will MM you in 64 (NTSC virtual console) :D

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of the idea of me commentating at Shadowloo Showdown for Smash. I know what I am saying, I never miss the key moments and you KNOW I can bring the hype and motivation to the crowd. What do you guys think.

timic is coming and will probably get a really high rank because of zxv and peeps not being there ^^

if you can't afford tourney pay 20 for spectator and afaik you can play friendlies! get over here

and Surprise I will MM you in 64 (NTSC virtual console) :D
Sweet man. How much you want to put up. I'll show you the awesomeness that is my Captain Falcon.

Splice

Smash Hero
What do you guys think of the idea of me commentating at Shadowloo Showdown for Smash. I know what I am saying, I never miss the key moments and you KNOW I can bring the hype and motivation to the crowd. What do you guys think.

I think that's a terrible idea please do not go within 10cm of a mic during your time at this tournament.
My utmost gratitude to you for your ability to follow this one instruction.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
I think that's a terrible idea please do not go within 10cm of a mic during your time at this tournament.
My utmost gratitude to you for your ability to follow this one instruction.
What is it that you do not like about me that makes you say this. In fact what is your assumption to make this statement. Please answer honestly, I can take criticism.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Registered and got my train ticket :).

It never told me where I can put my team mate however. Oh well, hope this won't be an issue...

Also, Attila, please respond to my Facebook messages. They are extremely important questions!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think the noticeable thing to point out is that for most microphones and whatnot you see, 10cm distance is the minimum distance anyone should be from one.
Perhaps Billy is the ultimate tester of worthiness.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Melee commentators: SD, billy, Dekar, Unny?

Brawl commentators: Attila, shaya, billy, dean?

Depends on who's in finals. What do people think?

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind commentating if at all possible. Could I commentate some of the pools/early bracket games (I understand that people with experience of the scene would be preferable for finals, especially in knowing player history etc.)?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
What rounds are available for commentary anyway? Considering that the top 4 will play on stream, does that mean only Winners Finals, Losers Semis, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be available for commentary?

And I assume that someone who's in the top 4 wouldn't be able to commentate?

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I fly down on Tuesday and will be in Melbourne for a whole week and I'm keen to play heaps of Melee with everyone :) Who's free during the week?

Bu$

HoC
I'm pretty keen to get my commentate on some matches. I can get pretty hype and i also have commentated on ACL halo stuff back in the day. ;)

Hughie

Smash Lad
When was the registered players list last updated? I registered and paid a few days ago and I'm still not there. =/
It takes a few days, it did with me. I think it might be a bit longer since there will be lots of sign ups today and yesterday.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
keen to have some practice this week; i just found out that i have a week off uni. anyone?

I'm pretty keen to get my commentate on some matches. I can get pretty hype and i also have commentated on ACL halo stuff back in the day. ;)
i don't mind who commentates on the recording setups, but i'd prefer if only people i know can commentate do so on the stream.

What rounds are available for commentary anyway? Considering that the top 4 will play on stream, does that mean only Winners Finals, Losers Semis, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be available for commentary?

And I assume that someone who's in the top 4 wouldn't be able to commentate?
on the stream, yes. we'll sort out the top 4 stuff as it happens.

other matches will be recorded and commentated on other setups.

Does anyone know if there is a schedule up for ss?
Schedule is in the OP.

When was the registered players list last updated? I registered and paid a few days ago and I'm still not there. =/
it's being updated manually, and the SS guys have been in sydney the past couple of days. so there are currently a large number of names missing from the list.

I fly down on Tuesday and will be in Melbourne for a whole week and I'm keen to play heaps of Melee with everyone :) Who's free during the week?
i have some free time :D

Splice

Smash Hero
I was thinking like
Man I do not like Brawl.
Then I was thinking like
Man I have not been playing Melee every day because uni + dotaddiction makes that too hard
**** what if I lose hard and SS is just terrible for me?

Then I realised I get to chill with JP regardless,
And Busloo Showdown is going to be there for me regardless.
Then I exclaimed 'w00t' aloud and woke up one of my housemates.

True Story.

S.D

Smash Master
For general brackets/pools setups I don't mind who is on the mic, but we MUST designate people for the stream who we are confident will represent us well. We will need to have about 4 people allocated to cover those who are likely to be in the finals themselves.

Doesn't look like unny is coming, me and dekar are likely to be in top 4 so I'm not sure who to nominate.
Billy and Joey have expressed interest - I'm happy to do whatever matches I'm not in and I'll have to think about it other than that.

S.D

Smash Master
^ If anyone can get out to Mill Park/Bundoora area we'll be playing melee all week! :D

e: Also have a recording setup
Bring it to SS. I don't want to have to record unless necessary, mainly because I don't have a program that records audio and video in the same place.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Bring it to SS. I don't want to have to record unless necessary, mainly because I don't have a program that records audio and video in the same place.
No worries, in the off chance that there is an internet connection, can easily stream out of it too.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
So how are we doing with space for smash? Are they rearranging everything? Because we barely have enough space with the normal monthly attendance.

S.D

Smash Master
23 registered for SSBM and SSBB. Don't know if these are final numbers. Didn't see Dekar on the list lol, or attila, or Shaya. Maybe it's not fully updated.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer not updated

i hope when it is there's an even number of entrants for melee/brawl teams lolll

Top Bottom