• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
dekar here

Congratulations to Tin Man and Shaya for winning Brawl Teams! Also congratulations to Tibs and Attila for finishing 2nd.
Redact and myself won Melee Doubles. Congratulations to SD and Attila for finishing 2nd.

Melee Singles has been played down to the top 4, which will be played tomorrow from 12:00pm Noon.
Brawl Singles still has more matches to be played to get it down to top 3. This will be done from ~10:00am tomorrow (Attila will clarify, it may commence slightly later). The top 3 will then take place after Melee Singles.

American/Kuwait pro Qamberco will be in attendance tomorrow, so come friendly him and money match him!
See you all tomorrow.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Congrats to Tin Man for winning Shadowloo brawl. Mad props to everyone in the stream, was an entertaining watch.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Well done to Dekar for winning Melee singles. He did it for Boronia. Speaking of which, Dekar did you win anything from my raffle ticket. It was Blue B 31 or 32. If so tell me so I know where to meet you. Congrats to Tinman in Brawl and everyone else who even just attended, that shows dedication. For next year, I will be on hiatus for the whole year because of yr 12. I'll attend any tournament if it is either a local one like in Boronia, if people send me a petition to attend, preferably BAM or if I win a qualifier to one. Don't worry about me Dean or the rest of the community, I'll commentate one day. By the way Dean, please upload the videos soon. Congrats and shoutouts to everyone. That was pure dedication right there. I'm so proud of you all.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Watched the stream

Sorry about the stuff up, Tibs :(

Great to watch Attila win at least one game. I think he could of actually won the set but probs to Tin man for that crazy Olimar.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
ty for teaming with me Invisi, Pit carries hard in doubles
props to Tin Man for fixing the Wii's, and looking forward to attending one of your tourneys
<3 to billy for billiefing in me
Mad at LC and YI being neutrals, but at least i can make suggestive comments during stage strikes
gud seeing Allens and Batmans again; but Allens, you gotta go dk and spin to win (x/y skating reference nailed it)
Tibs2g, how do i fruit
hello D43n P4nn3y

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Congrats to all that did well. I will try to get there next year, I just bought a copy of Melee off Ebay as I plan to make the switch so I might enter Melee singles next year.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Melee singles:
1. Dekar
2. S.D
3. Atticus
4. Redact
5. Cal
5. Epics
7. Skeletom
7. Kier
9. Splice
9. Tak
9. Tibs
9. Timic
13. Tux
13. Forte
13. Bus
13. Pelican
[collapse=Melee singles bracket]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee singles pools results]
1. Epics
1. Atticus
1. Timic
1. Dekar
1. Splice
1. Skeletom
1. Kier
1. Redact

2. Tibs
2. Pelican
2. Forte
2. Bus
2. Tak
2. Tux
2. S.D
2. Cal[/collapse]

Brawl singles:
1. Tin Man
2. Attila
3. Tibs
4. Shaya
5. Ledge
5. Ghostbone
7. Sebby
7. Allens
9. Splice
9. Jamwa
9. Dean
9. Jei
13. Sat
13. Batmans
13. Yosh
13. Nikes
[collapse=Brawl singles bracket]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Brawl pools results]
Pool 1:
1. Attila
2. Ghostbone
3. Tux
4. Ranmasama
5. Hadi

Pool 2:
1. Tibs
2. Sat
3. Negai
4. Omen (DQ)

Pool 3:
1. Tin Man
2. Jei
3. Timic
4. Penguin
5. Ugly

Pool 4:
1. Shaya
2. Nikes
3. SurPr15e
4. Amad

Pool 5:
1. Jamwa
2. Ledge
3. Invisi
4. TotodileTrainer

Pool 6:
1. Allens
2. Yosh
3. Jason Kido
4. SHuVL
5. Sailo

Pool 7:
1. Sebby
2. Batmans
3. Joe Shyne
4. Marthicus

Pool 8:
1. Splice
2. Dean
3. J-Man
4. Soul (DQ)[/collapse]

Melee doubles:
1. Guacamelee (Dekar + Redact)
2. DDos (S.D + Attila)
3. Samuel L Blaxon (Atticus + Epics)
4. Floppy Sausage Surprise (Skeletom + Kier)
5. Team DK (Forte + Tibs)
5. Midnight Meattrain (Greekboi69 + Justice gauci)
7. Brojectiles (Batmans + Jei)
7. Shining Friendship (Splice + Tak)
9. Get That In Ya (Cal + Pelican)
9. The Wallet Inspectors (Penguin + Tux)
9. Mr_Scribble + TotodileTrainer
9. AMAD + Hadi
13. Suprise Treasure (SurPr15e + ShuVL)
[collapse=Melee doubles bracket]
[/collapse]

Brawl doubles:
1. Tin Man + Shaya
2. Golden Pair (Attila + Tibs)
3. Sebby + Billy
4. We're doin well (Jamwa + Invisi)
5. Bong Wizards (Allens + Batmans)
5. Khoa + Jei
7. Yosh + Sato
7. Australia's Nicks Top Models (Tux + Dean)
9. AMAD + Hadi
9. Nido + SurPr15e
9. Penguin + ShuVL
9. Ledge + Cal
13. Negai + TotodileTrainer
13. Nikes + Ghost
[collapse=Brawl doubles bracket]
[/collapse]

S.D

Smash Master
Hey guys - thanks to everyone for coming and I hope you all enjoyed the event. Hopefully we have done enough to be retained by SS and next time we can come out in greater numbers.

As for the results I probably could not be any saltier about it, congrats to Dekar, I have serious, legitimate Johns about the lag on my TV but in the interest of not holding up the tournament and sticking to the schedule I made no complaints, which I greatly regret. In saying that Dekar fully deserved the victory, I don't want to take that away in any capacity, I just felt the playing field was askew.
Edit: Now I think of it it was probably the tv Kier and I switched from in pools because it was so bad.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Shoutouts to all for an amazing weekend of great smash. Everyone contributed to make this weekend something to remember. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

Special shoutouts to the OOSers who turned up, and to Tinman for taking the tournament cleanly. Don't expect a free ride next time though!

I think we had a pretty good showing, and can definitely expect something a bit bigger next year. This was a good start, but I'm craving a bit more. The stream was also a success; I'm told Melee/Brawl finals had a pretty steady 3-4k viewers each. That's more exposure then we could've hoped for.

I'm hoping everyone can continue the hype we created, and maximize opportunities to improve and get better together.

Thanks guys!

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Cheers for a great weekend everyone, got to play lots of matches with a heap of people and got a lot of Melee recorded :D

Scribble: As usual, fun matches, love seeing your link improves every time I see you, won't be long and you'll be smashing out those rediculous low-tier combo's
Bus: Always have fun playing matches against you, I'll probably take you up on that CRT as well, playing on a ****ty lcd for this long really felt like it fked my tech this weekend. Apart from that, heaps of fun matches too :D
Dekar: Didn't actually play this weekend from my memory, but was still awesome watching your matches on the main stage. Floyd always gets mega hype for smash whenever he see's you play Marth too, so don't stop :p
S.D: Had a bunch of fun matches with you too, every time I play you I feel like I pick up so many of my stupid little flaws, and you give me plenty of opportunity to practice wall teching, haha. Always keen to play friendlies man, looking forward to our next matches!

Had heaps of fun matches with other people over the weekend too and I'm so **** at remembering names so sorry I can't think of much more.

I got ~15 hours of recorded melee from the weekend, so as soon as the NBN actually gets connected I'll upload them all up to youtube. HOPEFULLY around this Thursday.

Great weekend, I love this game, now I've got the Smash Doco to watch! :D :D :D

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to Australia's Nicks Top Model (Dean) for being a great teams partner (Penguin too). This tournament was fun, but maaan, I need some practise if I wanna compete at a high level. Really well run tournament, props to whoever was organising that. Didn't really get to properly meet as many people as I would have liked but hey, what can you do.

Also, at this point I'd like to let it be known that I beat Dekar's donkey kong in a tournament a month or two ago. LOL

Dekar289

Smash Hero
melee top 4 is in the second half of this video: www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq/b/469694016
brawl top 3 is the start of this video: http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq/b/469737234

special shoutouts to redact for lending me his controller, hannah for the dinner and breakfast of champions, and also the guy (i forgot who it was) who told me after grand finals that he noticed I never learned to JC grab
huge thanks to SD, Attila and Dean for organizing and running this with me. glad most of you had a great time but we'll strive to do a much better organizing job next year!
also huge props to dean and max (pelican) for their recording setups!

Also, at this point I'd like to let it be known that I beat Dekar's donkey kong in a tournament a month or two ago. LOL
this is a legitimate achievement
many have fallen to the mighty monkey

now if you haven't already, go watch the smash brothers documentary!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgWH-qXpv8

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Shoutouts:
Invisi + Ghost: was great fun having you guys over, and I hope you enjoyed your stay just as much and made it home safely. Chris, sorry that not much happened on Friday but I think we got in many fun friendlies throughout the weekend and I need my revenge in Mario Kart one day. Unfortunately you had a very hard pool because I think you can be good enough to make it into bracket. Great job in doubles. Josh, I think you did very well at this tournament, especially for your first time playing outside South Australia. Friendlies on Sunday night were very fun. You did great in our tournament set, took the first game to adapt but after that I was demolished. Both of you are welcome any time.

Splice + J-Man: pools matches were very fun. Bill, as good as ever. Playing you is very fun, we should probably do it more often, many laughs were shared. J-Man, it was great of you to enter Brawl. I had much fun playing your Mario.

Sebby + ShuVL: that adventure to find food on Saturday was one of the more pointless experiences I've ever had. Seb, you can beat me if you stop playing stupidly. Joe, great job winning your tournament match, I hope you continue to improve.

Attila: well your Falco is still too good, I don't know what to say. Tournament was run very well. You let me down in finals though :mad088:

Tibs: well I suppose it was good to see you again Tibor, we talked about meaningless things and maybe got a few games in, you should probably come more often.

Tux: the true Nicks Top Model, you clutched through many doubles games for me. I would like to thank you for teaming with me because I think we made it SurPr15ingly far together. I like the professionalism you bring to the mic as well.

Yosh + Sat: was nice talking to you guys throughout the tournament, we got some friendlies in I think. Both really good players that will improve with more tournaments.

Jei + Khoa: too strong in doubles as usual, teamwork is great, Wii freeze is pretty lol.

Penguin: thanks for Melee friendlies, close fun games.

Shaya: I don't think I played you except in low tier teams, I probably should've asked you for games. But anyway thanks for the many lols that was low tier teams.

Nikes: I remember you ****** me in one of those teams games 1vs1, great job, your Yoshi's so much better than Jei's (don't tell him I said that), unfortunate end in crews, I was so scared everytime I got grabbed (many times).

SurPr15e: mah boi SurPr15e, you are the hero of the tournament, the enthusiasm you brought really got me pumped for everything that was happening. Was nice to get some friendlies in with you.

Jamwa: yeah nice friendlies j3mi4.

Ledge + Cal: there were some great doubles games there, thanks for entering when we asked Cal. Gary your singles bracket seemed a bit up & down but good job with 5th.

Bong + Wizard: thanks for friendlies Matt they were pretty funny. Interesting games in low tier teams, lvl1 Ganon too good.

Dekar: what a hero. Great job with organizing and etc. Your commentary in Brawl crews is actually hilarious.

I'm uploading all the Brawl videos I have, doubles is up and singles will probably all be up within the next 24 hours. http://www.youtube.com/user/Dean7599/videos
Unfortunately for most of the videos I forgot to change the audio input from game sound to mic sound. I would like to apologise especially to mah boi SurPr15e, I want you to know that even if you didn't bring the hype to the YouTube audience, you definitely brought the hype to everyone at SS.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
hey guys, looking for some feeedback on the event.

what did people like/dislike? general comments? recommendations?

Splice

Smash Hero
hey guys, looking for some feeedback on the event.

what did people like/dislike? general comments? recommendations?

I dislike the way you play the Olimar matchup, and apologise for not giving a damn to practice with you beforehand.
Come over in the summer for training :)

Hughie

Smash Lad
I disliked the fact that I only stayed till 2 on the sunday, sounds like the stuff afterwards was really fun.
SHOUTOUTS

Splice: Falco 2 gud 4 me, that Peach though, PULL MOAR TURNIPS everything else was really good.

Shaya: Thanks for the 4 friendlies we had, still, it was worth it,, I need to tip at early percents so I don't get hit :p

Shuvl: You suck get more practice. Seriously though, win more, practise more, even though you only practise with me.
Mr. Scribble: Thanks for all the friendlies, the day you get an off stage Falcon Punch WILL BE THE DAY I WILL BE PROUD.
Dean: Ganon is good play more melee. Brawl friendlies would've been nice, but thanks for everything.

Attila: Thanks for being super nice, especially owning me in friendlies, they help me become a better player.

Tin Man: Got you down to 2 stocks and mid percent on our 2nd pools game, and I'm happy with that. The matches were super fun and I'm glad you're sticking around for a while. Can't wait to play you in the future.

Dekar: Why didn't we have any friendlies lol. Congrats on winning and always super nice.

S.D: Thanks for the friendlies, they really help me get better as a melee player and good job on coming 2nd.

That's it guys, might do more if I remember. The tournament was completely worth it!

SurPr15e: Your motivation is great. You're a good melee player, I can only see you getting better.

Yosh: Wii-mote johns on Sunday morning lol. But I understand where you were coming from, It was pretty bad. Cheers for the friendlies.

Timic: v1.0 shenanigans lol

Tux: Yeah, the wallet inspectors! We need to team for most melee tourneys, and I need to stop S.Ding on my second set. Always great to play with.

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice
special shoutouts to redact for lending me his controller, hannah for the dinner and breakfast of champions, and also the guy (i forgot who it was) who told me after grand finals that he noticed I never learned to JC grab
Man, I told you that you didn't jump cancel grab on the only tournament I attended last year.

S.D

Smash Master
I told him years ago and he was like wtf is JC grab? I explained it and he said '**** that if you miss you full hop fair'.
And this dude wins tournaments???? lol

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Shoutouts in no particular order:

Dean: Thanks for the housing, really enjoyed staying over. I was expecting (and would have been quite happy with) the standard smasher housing of a sleeping bag on the floor. So the hospitality was, quite frankly, a bit overwhelming. 10/10 would recommend.

Ghost: Good chillin' with you at Dean's, and just chatting in general. Hope you can keep coming interstate.

Jamwa: One day, I will come to Melbourne without losing to you in pools. It will happen, dammit! Doubles was great though =D

Ledge: Pretty salty about that 3stock in crews, but these things happen and I'll get over it. Good to see you're still going well.

Nikes: Good to see a different character being represented. Hopefully you can keep coming interstate.

Allens + Btmns: Good to see the SA crew again, and that was quite the doubles set. I must admit though, kinda sad about Allens' switch to MK, I think it's nice to have character diversity. But anyway, I'll probably see you guys at the next one.

Attila + Tibs: We had some good doubles matches, and it was good chatting to both of you. Hopefully you guys can continue to raise the bar for Australian Brawl.

Jei: Pleasure as always. Keep that Pit going strong. =)

Shaya: Always great to catch up. Always really good to talk to you.

Tin Man: Good to see some new passion for Australian Brawl. Good job in singles, and hopefully you can help the scene grow throughout your time here. See you at the next tournament.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
You're welcome lol.

Melbourne was pretty great. Had heaps of close games and it was a pleasure to catch up with everyone. Special Shoutouts to the people I versed in bracket, there were heaps of close games throughout the day and I learned a few things to boot. Only bad thing that happened was that my controller went missing. It's a black official Nintendo one with some blue-tac stuck on underneath. If anyone sees it PM me or something. Cheers.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
So uhh
Dean, thanks for hosting me, I had a great time in Melbourne, house was comfortable, friendlies were fun, tournament set was cheesy. Hope to see you again again at another smash event.

Invisi, so much LoL talk, we should play that together some time. Pit's gay, you're really good at doubles, and Wario is the best with smashballs on ;)

Attila, thanks for making the tournament possible and being a cool guy and all. Your Snake's on another level compared to any of SA's snake's, makes it really difficult to play against you, but fun despite the frustration. Friendlies were great too, Ivysaur too broken.

Splice, G&W is broken, MK sucks, I see all the gimmicks coming but get hit by them anyway >.>, well done in our set.

Tinman, congrats on the tournament victory, it never even seemed in jeopardy. Shame I didn't get to play against you at all, hopefully next time we can have a few games.

Shaya, shouting OP. Low tier doubles were pretty funny too.

Ledge + Khoa, dat MK TV, top tier whores ftw? The MK ditto is like the best matchup in the game, true facts.

SA guys, well done to all of you making it into bracket and putting on a good performance :D

Everyone else, thanks for making my first OoS tournament feel welcoming/friendly. Hopefully I can travel some more and see you all again.

Top Bottom