• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Best sonic in new york state, a place where there are actually other sonics. and after the next regional i go to, everyone will acknowledge me as the best EC sonic.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Best sonic in new york state, a place where there are actually other sonics. and after the next regional i go to, everyone will acknowledge me as the best EC sonic.
You'll have to get past me first for that EC title as i supposedly currently hold it. *NOTE THAT I DIDNT EXACTLY STATE THIS, THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE SAYS* Im going to a regional saturday and this mk strat i've developed seems to be freaking genius. I am not losing to mk saturday.

We know the two outliers of Sonic.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You'll have to get past me first for that EC title as i supposedly currently hold it. *NOTE THAT I DIDNT EXACTLY STATE THIS, THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE SAYS* Im going to a regional saturday and this mk strat i've developed seems to be freaking genius. I am not losing to mk saturday.

We know the two outliers of Sonic.

Just remembered I live in FL... isn't that South? Not East Coast?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll beat you when I face you, KID. Bring it on.

...come to think of it, just how often do you use Sonic? Can you call yourself the best on the East Coast if he's not the one that pushes you all the way to where you are?

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I'll beat you when I face you, KID. Bring it on.

...come to think of it, just how often do you use Sonic? Can you call yourself the best on the East Coast if he's not the one that pushes you all the way to where you are?

If your talking to me. I just started using him again last tourney.

Tesh

Smash Hero
KID and Xaltis for disqualified for TKD status. SM5 is OFFICIALLY the 3rd best full Sonic. If you want to pass him, you need to go full Sonic and kick as much *** as he does.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
KID and Xaltis for disqualified for TKD status. SM5 is OFFICIALLY the 3rd best full Sonic. If you want to pass him, you need to go full Sonic and kick as much *** as he does.

You have no idea how HARD it is to be Sonic in SFL where Seibrik Nick Riddle and ESAM and even more good people play like Shaky etc. It's really hard.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nick Riddle lost to X (and apparently he was rully mad too)
Shaky lost to Espy
Espy also took ESAM to game 5

Its all doable man. Its tough to be sonic everywhere. Every region has strong players.

For the record I'd say my region must have a strong resistance to Sonic by now.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
It's still kinda early for the west coast, but I'm going to say it already since I might be busy tomorrow to say it or I might forget completely

Happy running at Sonic speed to catch up to with the turkey and using Chaos Control to stop that turkey in it's track and cook the turkey in a New Flyer D60LF series engine and put it on the 109 Maryland Parkway route for 2 round trips or until the turkey is at a safe temperature to eat day!!!

aka Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Happy running at Sonic speed to catch up to with the turkey and using Chaos Control to stop that turkey in it's track and cook the turkey in a New Flyer D60LF series engine and put it on the 109 Maryland Parkway route for 2 round trips or until the turkey is at a safe temperature to eat day!!!

aka Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Same to you as well.

I'll never understand buses, lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I def. use sonic enough to be considered for what i will call the 'sonic honors'
I only use falco and fox in tourney in specific or rare circumstances.

OSM, whats good my dude?! Hows school up in canada? are you back home? I look forward to playing you again, however Ive kind resigned from traveling for tourneys for now, as I really need to focus on getting the hell out of my parents house. But I do hope to play you again sometime. You and your sister too. Its gonna be weird seeing how much she'll have grown by the time I see her again. Tell I said hi will ya?

the problem with picking up sonic or anyone else at this point in the game, is that everyone around you... as you get better and better with your new character, everyone you play with will get better and better at fighting said character.

but if theres anywhere where a high level sonic could thrive, it would be florida.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
but if theres anywhere where a high level sonic could thrive, it would be florida.
Pretty bold of a statement you have there Goggles. Are you suggesting that Sonic was not/is not a threat in other regions?

I really do think that by this point Sonic is a tourney viable character that just an astronomically huge effort to improve with an stay consistent with. In a world where there are no mistakes made and every punishment is maximized to its fullest, Sonic can get around places.

But of course it takes so much to get to that level of perfection that not even our closest outliers are anywhere near that; and instead of Sonic as a character being judged, it's moreso the players behind them and them being better (or worse) than their region. Until we can get better to that point, then we'll really suck/ be midjudged because Sonic also has a tall learning curve and a demanding skill barrier.

... Perhaps that's why the same people who have retired their Sonic are doing "alright?" Those who have been around long enough will know who I am referring too, but there seems to be some sort of pattern where the perquisites for Sonic tend to set a standard for better players.

Then again, who is to say that the retired Sonic players are/or were nothing more than average? For that; there isn't any real way to tell unless they went back and forth/came back from retirement and proved that they can generate the same results regardless of the different scenarios.

It's almost like the opposite of how a lot of people tend to compensate for their lack of skill for characters like Meta Knight who just tends to be an all-around good character; and how smart players can make the same character seem god-like, in both theory and in practice.

... Though of course we'll never find out about either; or at least not for a very long time. For both logical and illogical reasons.

While most Sonic players tend to be very talented, we all somehow manage to hold on to what the rest of the competitive community view as "scrubbishness." "Why do we play such a terrible character" or "Why play this character when there's a better one out there?" Already you can see immediate and subtle answers, but there's no one unified answer. We all have our own reasons for being where we are today, and it's those same beliefs that will carry us forward to greatness; or eventually break us into broken dreams/realize that in the end it will all be/was a lost cause.

I hope to dear God it is the former. I'm not about to give up when I; and others, have put so much work to doing people proud. There's also too much data left unanalyzed to draw upon any hard conclusion, and it pisses me off to no end when I see people summarize it all upon the negatives; especially when their premises are misguided/ prejudiced/ whatever.

This Saturday, I'm going to prove that even the worst of competitors can rise from a land of lost cause and make something of themselves if they so wish to do so... There's no excuse, I see enough data to know/believe that this course of action is a winning strategy and I only lose because I didn't take enough time beforehand to learn, I mess-up a playstyle, I give up on myself, or I lose faith in the cold hard facts.

Nobody will easily make me think otherwise!

:093:

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Ooh, Haunter vertex.

Happy thanksgiving. Somehow going to a fancy seafood place first then seeing Harry Potter after.

:stupidfox:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I realised some time with in the last week or so.

I would have mained metaknight by now. But the only reason I havent is because i totally blow at MK dittos.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Happy THanksgiving fellow Sonics!!!

I'm gonna show Xaltis :p & da rest of FL da Power of SONIC next Sat & my tourney!!!

Now if only I could practice... Any1 have any suggestions cuz I have NO1 2 practice against :-/

Xaltis has Seibrik, ESAM, Nick Riddle & an ishload of otha ppl (Lucky Awesome person)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Happy THanksgiving fellow Sonics!!!

I'm gonna show Xaltis :p & da rest of FL da Power of SONIC next Sat & my tourney!!!

Now if only I could practice... Any1 have any suggestions cuz I have NO1 2 practice against :-/

Xaltis has Seibrik, ESAM, Nick Riddle & an ishload of otha ppl (Lucky Awesome person)

Yea, I'm gonna start training alot with them soon.

Top Bottom