• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
KID said:
1. yes falco is almost broken on japes, espy is the only one ive seen beat a falco on that stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpOg3vlXFxs&fmt=18

:/

Can't vouch for either players skill level, I just remember watching it a long time ago.

As for Falco on Japes..........Forward. He's freakin good.

I love taking people to gimmicky stages. Messes with their heads. First they're like, "wtf sonic" then they're like, "wtf norfair" and then I win. Mindgames yo.

Just got back from Colorado. On the car ride home we stopped for some snacks at this gas station and the cash register made the ring noise everytime it scanned something. I'm probably the first person who ever noticed.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
gimmicky stages are fun stages, especially when you know how they work and the other guy dont.

I was talking to a guy at my last tourney who was complaining about how japes shouldnt be legal after he lost a tourney match, cus the random klap trap ate him. I was just like, "... its not random, it appears in the same spot every 9 seconds..." dude was speechless lol.

If you dont do the research and figure out the intracacies of a stage you shouldnt really have a right to decide whether it should be banned or not.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
1. yes falco is almost broken on japes, espy is the only one ive seen beat a falco on that stage.

2. camping snake on JJ assumes that you get the lead first, at which point you put snake in a situation where its hard to hit you, although he can still hit you his array of projectiles. whereas if snake gets the lead and decides to camp YOU, he can run to one side of the stage, and as far as sonic goes hes rendered pretty much unapproachable.

3. Springing immediately out of the water will just get you killed. the proper method to getting out of the water, is to jump and immediately side b. It will counteract the water momentum, it will move you back toward the stage, and you still have your second jump so you can jump cancel it and spring after anytime you want.

4. sonic has a lot of movement tricks on JJ, and hes one of the most survivable in the water (You basically have to hit straight down from the ledge on the left side, to not survive using the method I just gave you.) but its also a massive stage which takes away from his already lacking kill power, and if the opponent forces the fight on the right side of the stage you arent getting any gimps any time soon.

5. "but there's a lot of room to hit and run, then hope the opponent hits the water. It's just too good."
Thats called skilless, luck based winning and mindsets like that are the reason people want the stage banned. and when you look at it like that, you have just as much of a chance to get klaptrap screwed as the other guy.

6. ROB and lucario are also both characters that you shouldnt CP to this stage.

7. DK has a lot of broken techs on JJ, dont take any good ones there.

8. Good people that know the stage dont die from the water or the klaptrap

9. Overall, its a really good stage for sonic, you just have to alter your game slightly and pay attention to the character you are fighting against

Kirby can also be a huge jerk in Japes if they know how to use it well. Nothing like fsmashing people from the far end platforms for kills.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpOg3vlXFxs&fmt=18

:/

Can't vouch for either players skill level, I just remember watching it a long time ago.

As for Falco on Japes..........Forward. He's freakin good.

I love taking people to gimmicky stages. Messes with their heads. First they're like, "wtf sonic" then they're like, "wtf norfair" and then I win. Mindgames yo.

Just got back from Colorado. On the car ride home we stopped for some snacks at this gas station and the cash register made the ring noise everytime it scanned something. I'm probably the first person who ever noticed.
2 things

1) I've beaten falcos on japes. I forgot to ban the stage against him. D-throw on middle platform to claptrap ftw.

2) I've been to a gas station that had the same exact thing. This little girl in front of me was playing a DS and I was like, she must be playing sonic the hedgehog with the volume turned up really loud. Then I realized it was the cash register. freakin awesome.

Trent

Smash Champion
Man I always thought I was crazy when I hear those ring sounds at the registers. Why do gas stations use that sound effect?

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
ITT said:
2) I've been to a gas station that had the same exact thing. This little girl in front of me was playing a DS and I was like, she must be playing sonic the hedgehog with the volume turned up really loud. Then I realized it was the cash register. freakin awesome.
GHNeko said:
It kinda annoys me to hear the ring sound on cash registers. e__e

It feeelllssss.....wroooong
Trent said:
Man I always thought I was crazy when I hear those ring sounds at the registers. Why do gas stations use that sound effect?
wtf?

Maybe Arizona is just out of the loop.......

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
It's usually the chevrons. I want to know if Sega is even giving them permissions and/or if they're getting royalties or something.

e__e
Sega pays them to send subliminal messages to customers about Sonic and his games?

Conspiracy theories ahoy!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm celebrating the countdown to New Year's by playing the New Super Mario Bros. Wii I just got an hour ago.

I'd feel bad about not playing old school Sonic instead, but Lemmy and Larry are too awesome to make me care.

Happy New Year guys!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
booze is a goosd thing especially when your about to friendly online

joy
!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
hey hey heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

you asked me to RECORD ALL DIES MATCHES OK

you know how lonfg thats gonna takE? HMMM?

3-4 hours of eiditing/encoding/uploading you better be grateful

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Me and my friends are playing with Brawl hacks and broken PSA characters

But yeah...pretty bored :/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Can we not end the new year on a Laggy note? >.>

No Lag-Fi please :urg:

And also, if KID's going to be on the IRC, I think I'll wait a little bit. I'm going to go play some DotA.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Slader7 by any chance? He just mentioned being Ken combo'd earlier lol.
Yeah, that guy! The friendlies were really fun too.

Sonic is like, horrendously trashy online though. You can't spinshot for crap, and you have better chances of Spin Dash SD'ing then anything. Ike is WiFi's easy button. :p

[EDIT]

@ Kinzer

WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFiWiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi WiFi

:3d

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
lol ken combo

Hoping to get a small doubles tournament with my friends...and maybe practice a little Brawl+ for Pound

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, that guy! The friendlies were really fun too.

Sonic is like, horrendously trashy online though. You can't spinshot for crap, and you have better chances of Spin Dash SD'ing then anything. Ike is WiFi's easy button. :p
I know. But on the plus side, SD spam is a little harder to punish online. WiFi is Ike haven, he's safe.

Did I say happy new year here? If not, Happy New Year Sonic Boards.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
10 minutes late, but Happy New Year fellas.

I am still holding on to my resolutions.

Top Bottom