• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm gonna jump in here with my wrong answer before Reflex comes back...

AFAIK jab 2 and 3 don't use stamina. Thats all I know of.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
You guys kept talking about how Tails super mode was broken, but I was googling it and couldn't find out. Can anyone link me to some stuff showing why? Sadly, aside from the old cartoons and game lore, im woefully Sonic-tarded...

:phone:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Tails' super mode in S3K is broken because not only does it increase is top speed, acceleration and aerial mobility (which was the best out of the 3, even in normal form), it also allowed him to fly for a much longer period of time, and it also increased his horizontal flight speed and I believe his vertical height speed. On top of that, he gained access to 4 flickies that attack all onscreen enemies including bosses and invincible enemies, essentially no longer requiring Tails to even lift a finger when it comes to taking down enemies in the game, where Hyper Sonic had to at least jump and double jump in order to destroy enemies, and even then, the hyper flash didnt affect bosses, and neither did hyper knuckles' hyper wall slam.

Also because of the increases aerial mobility, he was far more able to bounce on a bosses head and stay there. He could practically bounce from around a 50 degree angle and climb his way to straight above where other characters can't climb control themselves midair to the same degree and would eventually bounce off

THEN since the guy is invincbile and he has a hitbox on his tails while flying, he could fly into enemies and bosses and just **** their **** because he's not taking any damage while attacking him and the re-bounce from hitting someone with fly is pretty minimimal so it can be faster than just bouncing on their head.

And being tails, he has to tails' only routes and sonic routes, allowing him more rings to discover and gather, generally allowing him to gain access to his super form and stay in super form for a much longer period of time vs Sonic alone, essentially making the super form easier to achieve vs other characters.

I think im missing a few things, but that's about it. Super Tails > Hyper Sonic and Knuckles.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You know zelda is an awful character, right?

Do you know WHY she is so bad?

Figure out why zelda is so bad and than do those things with sonic

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
How do you guys play against Zelda??
You know zelda is an awful character, right?

Do you know WHY she is so bad?

Figure out why zelda is so bad and than do those things with sonic

How can Zelda approach you? Just keep your distance and make her come to you. It's much easier to tack on damage when she's actively moving toward you.
There you go.

-Fair/Bair lose to SideB and just walking away from them and punishing works better than SideB honestly.

-Nair doesn't have enough gayness for her to approach with it and not lose to the "move away" option that Sonic can do.

-Din's Fire is lolbad against Sonic if he's not offstage.

-Naryu's Love isn't as abuse-able offline as it is online. So you can just bait it out and bop her for whatever.

Generally speaking, you can play the basic "lame" Sonic against Zelda and win. SideB/Bair and run away and she can't stop you.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You seem like a really cool guy, as an aside. I'm glad I got to play with you at WHOBO. It was an enjoyable experience.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Eh. *shrug*

My advice applies to like half the cast so im ok with it. Its a good self reminder.

People lose to bad character all the time in every game, its good to remember how to keep that from happening.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I kinda go in on Zelda and it works too. Zelda's just struggles with landing safely once she's popped in the air. :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yeah I played riot in friendlies recently, and I remember that going really aggro worked well. I like how ASC can go through din's fire xD

(yes I still use Sonic offline!)
And you can also Nair it too! But you have to time it right with the first hit of Nair.

On a side note everyone should vote for a banner that they like. Mine is 4. http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=203230

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's definitely someone else. I've never used that tag, and judging by the first twenty seconds, that Squirtle doesn't know when it's smart to U-Tilt.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Dude I'm pro. I use Sonic and Sonic. lol.

Nah but seriously on saturday's apex qualifier I had a super derp moment in my first game of the first round. Played against a D3 and got swallowed twice in a row and lost the first game. I felt like an idiot lol. But felt better cause the guy let me go to Yoshi's and I 3 stocked him. Then went to Delfino and ended up being a time out in my favor. But I was one back air away from killing him lol. But all in all I am an idiot. lol.

Life

Smash Hero
I had a pocket Lucario, but apparently we have like three Lucarios now so we're not gonna see any more of that for a while.

Tried Marth, Oli, and MK as pocket characters and none of them worked out. So now I'm pretty much all Sonic.

Top Bottom