• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I never intentionally scout players in tournaments. Ever.
I just don't care enough. All that really matters is how you play and react to their style when it's time to play.

It's more fun that way anyways.
Like when I realized vs. Reflex that Squirtle's ftilt is a steaming load of bull. :applejack:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Gross. UMvC3 would be janky in the silliest way.

I never intentionally scout players in tournaments. Ever.
I just don't care enough. All that really matters is how you play and react to their style when it's time to play.

It's more fun that way anyways.
Like when I realized vs. Reflex that Squirtle's ftilt is a steaming load of bull. :applejack:
Yeah, it's REALLY dumb. Obnoxiously good.

Also, I can relate to that; I usually just try to react to them in-game instead of forming a specific strategy for a player prior to playing them.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I analyze players because that's a big part of my playstyle.

I try to operate on logic and knowledge abuse.

i wish I was a robot.

And LOL @ reflex quoting me but only responding to espy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I abuse knowledge often in my matches as well. Hell, our discussion about the auto-bans on YI:B is in and of itself abuse of knowledge. I just prefer to do it during a match and not before. Keeps my mind fresh; I feel like if I were to preemptively think about things, I would set myself up for habits before the game even starts.

@Reflex: You were my favorite person to play at WHOBO4. <3
YOU THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE MEAN THOUGH. I was so sad when I read that. :applejack:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I agree, I try to keep a clear head, have a general outline of my gameplan based only upon the MU at hand. If I'm fighting D3, I will focus more than usual on spacing, and try not to attack his shield unless ASC or during a mix up. Marth? DIing sideB to net free grabs. Falco? Spam more spin cancels but intelligently, so as to power shield as many lasers as possible, and over the set, make them feel lasers aren't as of much use unless i'm offstage.

This, allows me to adapt to their habits, and not have my own "habit" to begin with.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Jman you just keep saying the same things over and over. (circumlocution!) You didn't respond to the content, like what I said about adapting.

KID you're funny. I like you in general. Don't be dumb xD ...If I'm a scrub then a whole lot of people lost to a scrub :rolleyes:

way to be presumptuous and put words in my mouth, guys. No one ever downloaded me in friendlies to beat me in tourney xD Like I said, the one time I played someone in friendlies then right afterwards had to play that person in tourney, I won lol. I didn't need to "download him" and sandbag to win in tourney, either. You guys are responding to content that you yourselves made up lol.

Just because you beat some people doesn't mean you aren't a scrub. Espy is a scrub too and he is the best of us. Scrubs just hold themselves back competitively often for some silly ideology or "honor" .

Life

Smash Hero
I basically loop the following thought process:

"What is the next thing my opponent will do?
How should I respond?
What did my opponent end up doing?
Is he making a habit of doing that? Apply to first step.
Is my opponent reading my patterns? If so, what does he see? Apply to first and second steps."

Of course, I can't do it as fast as good players do their thought processes, but it's there.

And to clarify what Tesh said, even good players can be scrubby sometimes, especially when most of the rest of the community is also scrubby.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
P:M was definitely a cool novelty for a while but I think it's kinda lame now.

EDIT: Besides, B- Sonic was teh teets.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Here, heres the facebook thread from YESTERDAY that occured when somebody tried to tell us that they gave sonic a good moveset in project M

Gooley. hey guys! Project M sonic is so nostalgic!

Kyle Flournoy Disagree. Brawl sonics moveset is more true to the character
Johnny Gooley no
Johnny Gooley it was rushed and lazy
Johnny Gooley homing attack is quick
Johnny Gooley and has animation after finish
Johnny Gooley moonwalf from mj
Like..Johnny Gooley moonwalk*
Johnny Gooley also sonic battle
Johnny Gooley sonic eagle
Johnny Gooley and down-smash is sonic breakdance (forgot what it was called)
Gooley and many others
Kyle Flournoy Sonic battle was a cruddy game that nobody played

The first version oh homing attack (SA1) didn't have a pose after. Also from a balance perspective instant homing atack wouldnt b...See More
Kyle Flournoy I believed he does flairs

And pm sonic down smash is just a corny rip off of the down smash mario has had for the last 14 years or so.
Espy Llanes KID's right. P:M Sonic is just an insult.
Larry Payne afk espy's here.
Shinzou Matt sonic project m meakes me dissapoint :(
Shinzou Matt makes*
Kelsy Medeiros ^
Espy Llanes LARRY DON'T RUN FROM MY LOVE
Kyle Flournoy Looks like you're out numbered there Goo boy
Shinzou Matt sonic use to be fast --
Kelsy Medeiros yep.. outnumbered. I hated sonic's moveset

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I have no idea who is who lol

Nor what the real problem is other than "Brawl sonic move set is more true to his character" which is kinda subective. :V

Nor is Sonic a finished product. V:

Of course everyone has their own cup of tea, so that's fine if you don't like his moveset. I'm just curious as to the reasons for any distaste towards my main and the game itself. :V

Rizen

Smash Legend
Maining lower characters isn't about honer; it's about doing what you want and not what people tell you to do. By 'winning' logic, everyone including high tiers should drop their character and use MK. MK da bess.

/nothing better to do than run that by the sonic social *sigh*

Top Bottom