• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'd try to get to WHOBO if any job site in a 30 mile radius actually hired me, and I could get some funds coming in.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm good on the funds. I hate having parties for me, but the money is usually worth it.

Edit: actually, idk about the funds. Mom reminded me that I will be buying stuff for school soon. I totally forgot about that.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I got 3rd @ my own tourney -___-

While I'm glad I learned both the Fox and Snake MU's

I still SD'ed EVERY single match I played this tourney

:sonic:

Wait... Masha.. used Sonic later or earlier in the tourney????

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Aparently I found ways 2 kill myself just 4 the fun of it. N every match I SDed on i was bringing it back. I guess I just gotta not SD. I better see u @ the Gville Tourney Blu!!!

:phone:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Aparently I found ways 2 kill myself just 4 the fun of it. N every match I SDed on i was bringing it back. I guess I just gotta not SD. I better see u @ the Gville Tourney Blu!!!

You will. Timing my week trip to go up there during that time.

Apparently meek got buttslammed by some scrub in tourney today

And ouch. That sounds like it sucks and hurts at the same time.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Geez so much stuff goin on lol, but I was at Chudat's tourney yesterday. Had fun :L

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
^Lol pimps vs muey thai

Cool beans. So how ya do!
And have lots of fun! And practice that you probably been wanting!

Eh, the same placing I usuallly get in tourney...which is dead last(full results aren't up yet).

Lost to mekos 2-0
Lost to serynder 2-1

*shrugs*
It was just good seeing everyone again, I could careless about my placings anymore :L

Edit:
Appearently I didnt get dead last. got 13/17th. I had a bye.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So I have a tourny this Saturday... is there anything cool someone would like me to try?

Like... does anyone have a theory or a mindgame/tactic they have yet to apply? This region is so ridiculously free that I would rather try something to advance my metagame with Sonic rather than grab to **** every match

Edit: example- I thought of not grabbing at all and zoning with Bair the entire time, lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Land a downB into a neutral air, and then fast fall into another downB and punish the landing into another nair.
It's the most satisfying thing you'll ever connect. :applejack:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No jman, I already did that. Bair wall is my **** LOL.

Wedge you were the inspiration ;)

And I will try it for an entire set Espy. Also, I think im gonna buy some stuff so I can record and start getting some feedback. Im bringing my laptop with Tio, what cables/programs would I need? Preferably something at Best Buy as far as hardware is concerned so I can have it by Saturday

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I have done nothing but DashDance/HA for 3mins straight in a match when I was ahead just to condition and aggravate my opponent. That was in 2009 though :p

BSP

Smash Legend
Land a downB into a neutral air, and then fast fall into another downB and punish the landing into another nair.
It's the most satisfying thing you'll ever connect. :applejack:
That's nothing new. Isn't he aiming for something new?

The damage is quite nice from it though, so it's always a solid option.

0-Death with Dthrow tech chases only. That'd be LOL

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Hey Guys! I just found out something very useful for us as Sonic mains against MK!

so last night me and a friend of mine were helping me get the timing of the invincy frames on SDH in training mode.

For w/e reason I decided to see if it was *really* true that iSDR loses to MKs nado despite the fact that it beats plenty of other things in the game.

In the end I ended up noticing that iSDR was beating nado in TRAINING mode, but not in regular mode consistently, after a bit of testing I discovered that a *fresh* iSDR CAN and WILL beat nado, but if it's even slightly staled it will not.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Hey Guys! I just found out something very useful for us as Sonic mains against MK!

so last night me and a friend of mine were helping me get the timing of the invincy frames on SDH in training mode.

For w/e reason I decided to see if it was *really* true that iSDR loses to MKs nado despite the fact that it beats plenty of other things in the game.

In the end I ended up noticing that iSDR was beating nado in TRAINING mode, but not in regular mode consistently, after a bit of testing I discovered that a *fresh* iSDR CAN and WILL beat nado, but if it's even slightly staled it will not.
Doesn't sound feasibly possible in the least. Since SDR has shared staling and it's Sonic's main damage racker. Unless you were trying to keep it fresh, which is much harder to do because you'd have to constantly condition the MK into grabs. If an MK is getting grabbed alot by :sonic:, then they don't know how to Ftilt or Nado properly.

Tesh

Smash Hero
@ AWAL, Just pretend "Leo" is "Ice Climbers" and "Baron" is "Ganondorf".

Thats pretty much how the first half of the match went 2-10 until we shaped up.

Zero, there is no such thing as a "fresh" Spindash. Especially with those ****ing shy guys always in the way.

Also did you make sure the Tornado was in the air and not touching the ground? Because the hitbox is big enough to touch sonic without a grounded spindash passing through MKs hitbox regardless.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I can and will also try a Dthrow tech chase game. However, do you want me to net a kill off of NOTHING but the Dthrow, or after say.... 160% can i put them out of their misery?

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Doesn't sound feasibly possible in the least. Since SDR has shared staling and it's Sonic's main damage racker. Unless you were trying to keep it fresh, which is much harder to do because you'd have to constantly condition the MK into grabs. If an MK is getting grabbed alot by :sonic:, then they don't know how to Ftilt or Nado properly.
@ AWAL, Just pretend "Leo" is "Ice Climbers" and "Baron" is "Ganondorf".

Thats pretty much how the first half of the match went 2-10 until we shaped up.

Zero, there is no such thing as a "fresh" Spindash. Especially with those ****ing shy guys always in the way.

Also did you make sure the Tornado was in the air and not touching the ground? Because the hitbox is big enough to touch sonic without a grounded spindash passing through MKs hitbox regardless.

Admittedly it *is* difficult to have a fresh iSDR, but when you lose a stock, ALL of our moves are refreshed, we can also use pummels to refresh moves.

All that being said, this means that we have AT LEAST 3 guaranteed iSDRs, without considering the fact that we can refresh our moves with everything not spindash related.

Edit:@Tesh, and YES I did make sure I tested it against grounded AND aerial Nado

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Oh another cool thing about this guys! Yes, it's true that the iSDR isn't always going to be fresh, but this means that the MK HAS to count how many moves we hit him with that aren't a spin charge/spindash to know if it's fresh, just to be able to nado safely.

This means that if we've refreshed only 8 times, but he miscounts and assumes 9, we can bait a shield and grab him instead and the like, or if we DO have it fresh and he thinks it's not he'll nado and we get a free spindash-> bair kill at 120-130%

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its a real shame YI ledges arent as good as Pictochats ledges. The slight differences in the stage let you shield cancel an uncharged iSDR when you hit something and perform alot of really great baits with grounded spinshots. What a shame, even the platform on YI makes baiting nado alot less effective.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
*Reads past few pages*

Awal learned "Dont airdodge against ZSS"

O and seeing that Most of FL has NO Sonic Exp(I, DIH, DarkSonic nor any other Sonic traveled) that _X_ simply ran thru FL MK's in the past. (See Crew battle Brik vs _X_ and Red vs _X_)

alot of the match you can notice part in which they just ran into stuff they had no knowledge about...

Also... any1 have Ike or Snake advice... Apparently I'm still bad against Snake... PERIOD... or maybe I dont know how to adjust to my Snake opponent adjusting.
that first notice against ZSS yeah great advice, and against Snake, just keep him off the ground, keep him from pull nades out and due to Sonic's speed will keep Snake off his game.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Jman, you should check out my videos. I have ALOT of flashy useless stuff you could use to style on people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETKnWyQzFvQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwPdEq9LY3E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y1nHXcUJRI

Actually now that I look at it, there isn't really that much stuff... Especially if they have a conservative stagelist.
FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

asdrgrgagrgarweg

Video #2

I just read Tesh response 2 how 2 do the move

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
So now that I know about fresh iSDR beating nado I've been playing against a pretty good MK and using it.

I already explained it to him and despite the fact that he knows I can do it, what we've come to notice one of the positives of it are that when he's not sure whether it's fresh or not it's a risk to nado.

On top of that even when he KNOWS I have it fresh there's nothing he can do about it except try to get me off the ledge.

I'd have to say this gives us either an easier time against MK if not then a free counterpick XD

Top Bottom