• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Thanx tru!!!

This weekend will be HYPE!!!

Also I wanna send out a challenge to ALL Sonic mains...

WE haven't won a single match in a National bracket since what... MLG???

1st Sonic 2 get at least 2 wins in a National Bracket we should all donate $1 2 $5 2...

WE should do it!!! Jus a lil incentive for all Sonic mains that travel to nationals

(By Nationals I mean SKTAR, WHOBO and APEX 4 now)

:sonic:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Lol that's funny but your profile says you main Captain Falcon, not Sonic. Silly Wedge.

Just messing around, but I would be that confident since I will be there too and I am going to try my hardest! But for me right now the goal is to make it out of Pools lol

True Blue

Smash Lord
Oh your right we have all be playing Kirby in a Sonic Outfit. It makes sense. I mean the Back Airs and F Smash are totally the smash. And the recovery! I was blinded by the light. Kirby has been all of our mains we just didn't know it until today. lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Thanx tru!!!

1st Sonic 2 get at least 2 wins in a National Bracket we should all donate $1 2 $5 2...

WE should do it!!! Jus a lil incentive for all Sonic mains that travel to nationals

What about an International tournament? Because Sunrise is coming up.

Life

Smash Hero
I really wanna be all like "you have no right to complain compared to what I just went through"... but what would it prove?

Wedge, high school is what you do so that you don't have to pay as much to do what you actually want to do in college. I would say not to stress out about it, but that would be horridly hypocritical of me.

So I'll just say this: This, too, shall pass. You're going to be back on your emotional feet in no time. I don't know what you're doing with your life (I didn't know anything beyond "I'm going to major in music" until I became a senior and was forced to actually look into colleges), or even what's wrong now, but whatever it is, you aren't going to feel like that most of the time, so just power through it so you can get to the good times faster, k?

...I really AM turning into Kinzer, jeez. All I need's a Touhou pic.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Well someone has to make up for Kinzer's absence since he is on a cruise, or something, and is going to college. lol Your name is now Sinzer.

Second + Kinzer = Sinzer (Just incase no one got why I chose that name. lol)

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Thanks guys. Just more troubles with the opposite sex; people who I talked to on a personal level before (speed, kinzer etc.) know what BS i've put up with in the past and i just got dissappointed again.
Regardless, the advice was well-needed incom. I really dont have anything to complain about compared to some people's lives, but this stuff happening repeatedly gets frustrating.

:phone:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I think I will be travelling to Apex 2013. Will be my first national level tourny. We'll see how that turns out. And maybe i'll meet a Sonic main who isn't an utter garbage casual for the first time too

True Blue

Smash Lord
Thanks guys. Just more troubles with the opposite sex; people who I talked to on a personal level before (speed, kinzer etc.) know what BS i've put up with in the past and i just got dissappointed again.
Regardless, the advice was well-needed incom. I really dont have anything to complain about compared to some people's lives, but this stuff happening repeatedly gets frustrating.

It's cool. Just remember good times and surround yourself with friends and have fun. Live life to the fullest but not too full. Kinda go for the glass is half full cause if you go to far you might regret something. Where was I going with this... Oh yea. Cheer up! Bad things happen but at least it is not all the time. There is always a bright side shining around the corner... Man that sounded corny... I should think things through before I type them lol.

I think I will be travelling to Apex 2013. Will be my first national level tourny. We'll see how that turns out. And maybe i'll meet a Sonic main who isn't an utter garbage casual for the first time too

Awesome! I will be going there too! See ya there! And I'm sure you will meet a Sonic main that isn't me and is good lol

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Also... any1 have Ike or Snake advice... Apparently I'm still bad against Snake... PERIOD... or maybe I dont know how to adjust to my Snake opponent adjusting.
All I can tell you is dont rolldodge behind ike, dont airdodge into ike. its usually bad. you can use upb to get out of jab cancel but sdi forward to get behind ike might be a better option(idk). However a well spaced jab2 makes it hard to sdi behind ike, so just spring. I wouldn't rely on using bair to hit ike out of aether, but it does work(on the rise). dropping a spring while ike recovers might be more suitable. But just camp ike in general and mix-up your approaching.

However me personally, I fsmash aether.

Not sure if that helps. My advice giving is usally garbz lol.

Goodluck in japan kuraudo =o

Tesh

Smash Hero

BSP

Smash Legend
Lol Tesh, you're right. Sonic storm is right, it does work in the Spindash combos, but you have to do the shortened version or else...

In general, yeah, the move sucks. Also, game 3 of espy vs. M2K. It really does home in on the blastzones, doesn't it?

I guess it's a waste compared to a fair (if they don't SDI) or Nair, but hey, it still homes even when they're stunned :rolleyes: But it can miss...and you're a sitting duck after. Only use it if you're sure.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Took a nap this afternoon. I dreamt that Sonic had IASA frames on Utilt that could be chained into ftilt. If only.

I'll have another MU thread up soon, but frankly I just don't care much. Haven't played Brawl in almost a month and my mouth is sore as hell from the dentist.

Tesh

Smash Hero
There is nothing good about it out of a spindash combo. The horrendous end lag means you blows your chances of follow ups or pressure and risk getting hit if you miss. Even with fair, if they SDI out they don't have a great deal of time to punish you hard.

The startup time it probably should never combo even with how lagless spindash is.

ASC is SOOOOO godly though. I wonder why I don't see ASC to Uair more. Feels like one of Sonic's strongest kill setups off the top. Its so much more controlled than Uair spring Uair and alot harder to avoid than uptilt/smash/throw to uair.

BSP

Smash Legend
Took a nap this afternoon. I dreamt that Sonic had IASA frames on Utilt that could be chained into ftilt. If only.

I'll have another MU thread up soon, but frankly I just don't care much. Haven't played Brawl in almost a month and my mouth is sore as hell from the dentist.
Ah, Sonic has so many if only's...

Ok, I was just wondering on the MU exports.

There is nothing good about it out of a spindash combo. The horrendous end lag means you blows your chances of follow ups or pressure and risk getting hit if you miss. Even with fair, if they SDI out they don't have a great deal of time to punish you hard.

The startup time it probably should never combo even with how lagless spindash is.
Negative nelly...you're right, but it still homes in :bee:

ASC is SOOOOO godly though. I wonder why I don't see ASC to Uair more. Feels like one of Sonic's strongest kill setups off the top. Its so much more controlled than Uair spring Uair and alot harder to avoid than uptilt/smash/throw to uair.
ASC is good. ASC to Uair at high damage...is there a spring in there somewhere? Isn't it pretty hard to connect ASC directly into Uair at higher %'s?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, I never really say "spring" since its a movement option. You just follow the DI and spring appropriately and you can space your stuff alot better with ASC combos into bair and uair and its soooooooooooo much faster than upthrowing for it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Never really tried ASC -> ____ kill setups. I just use ASCs for damage racking, always ending with an Nair for that added bit.

I've come to use Nair a lot actually. It's such a cute move.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I can't really remember seeing other Sonics using it, but if you check some of my videos, I use it from time to time. ASC is the perfect launcher for Uair when stale or fresh.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Yea congratz to wedge for making a list he shouldve been months ago lol.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
LMFAO Same thought I had when I saw it!!!

I really wanna be all like "you have no right to complain compared to what I just went through"... but what would it prove?

Wedge, high school is what you do so that you don't have to pay as much to do what you actually want to do in college. I would say not to stress out about it, but that would be horridly hypocritical of me.

So I'll just say this: This, too, shall pass. You're going to be back on your emotional feet in no time. I don't know what you're doing with your life (I didn't know anything beyond "I'm going to major in music" until I became a senior and was forced to actually look into colleges), or even what's wrong now, but whatever it is, you aren't going to feel like that most of the time, so just power through it so you can get to the good times faster, k?

...I really AM turning into Kinzer, jeez. All I need's a Touhou pic.
TBH jus sit back relax and Breeze thru life dude. I ended up being a DJ and an event planner 4 money. I'm having the TIME of my life. Great woman and enjoying Hobbies.

Jus focus on being happy

Thanx tru!!!

YO! I'll personally throw in $20!!! & I dont even have that much time nor ppl to practice with. But I'm still down!!! Get @ me!!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Mike Pollock has said he's not doing any VA work in Wreck-It Ralph, so that may be the only scene we see Eggman in the movie.

Still, seeing Bowser, Zangief, and Eggman in the same shot feels so right.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Oh god not the donations again, plz no. dmmt aib fad lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
People are generous, what are you going to do?

As of today, I could handle WHOBO financially. Just have to see about the ride status.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Well if your mother is worried about you going by yourself you could always time your trip when all the other Brawlers are heading In and Out of Louisiana. Though I looked on Megabus and I think the other stop in Louisiana is the New Orleans stop. Don't know how close New Orleans is to you though.
Which this thread has the itinerary for the Florida peoples trips and some of Georgia. But we go through and hit Lousiana at night on the 2nd, which we all are probably chipping for a hotel that night and then leaving in the morning from New Orleans to Houston.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323177

BSP

Smash Legend
The problem is I'd be heading off with people she doesn't know. She's just doing what any good mom would do, so I understand...even though smashers are harmless lol.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sincerely, I hope espy doesn't infract me.

BSP, I'm in the same problem as you are right now. My mom has been saying the same thing as yours is. But since she trusts me enough, she decides to let me go to whobo only if I bring someone I know with me. You should probably do the same if jnig doesn't go. Probably the best thing to do, but if that doesn't work, I guess persuading them would work too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Infracted.
Double infracted. :applejack:

With megabus I can go to WHOBO4, but I'd be unable to do much of anything. Probably can't even pay for the venue fee. :applejack:

Top Bottom