• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
He's Tomba, the star of his titular Tomba! games made by Whoopee Camp for the Playstation.

However, Whoopee Camp went bankrupt and closed shop a long time ago, so he's not going to be on a lot of people's minds immediately.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I remember telling myself, "I can't wait until Kupo posts so I can see his avatar in its full size."

I'm not disappointed. :applejack:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Nice table nevertheless, Wedge.

@Blue: What Slush said, I don't think I'm allowed to name the site.

@Espy: You could just ask me lol.

:phone:

True Blue

Smash Lord
@Kupo & Slush: Thanks!

Now time for me to get ready to go to a tourney this weekend! Hoping to get some replays so I can get some critique from everyone.

Oh and out of curiousity, had a convo last night with a group friends of worst team pairings. What character does everything think is worst to team up with playing as Sonic?

Just something random I thought I would ask.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Most low tiers can make some pretty bad pairing with sonic. I'd say Link is worse than Puff because of all the babysitting required and he only has 1 really powerful kill move to make up for it.

Any character that needs Sonic to constantly save them from gimps/grab release/juggle setups while also being bad at killing in teams. Pokemon Trainer (they get gimped pretty hard), Sheik (weak, gimpable, light).

Puff could be like...okay if she plays safe and whatnot.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Samus is better than you might think in teams. Not to mention, there isn't a whole lot of babysitting to be done, which is important. Staying alive well is more important than being able to kill super early.

True Blue

Smash Lord
I am not fond of ROB. Lol. That laser gets through everything and screws me up a lot when I am returning in teams.
And I am definitely not fond of Samus. Too much stuff is being thrown around.
Though that is just me.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
As far as low tier teammates go (This is what we're talking about, right?) you're probably best off with CF or Lucas. Zelda could go ham sandwich.

Everyone else you're better off not entering doubles with.

EDIT @ TrueBlue somehow X and his brother Lada make the Sonic + ROB team work. But like u said...that's just u lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Was that done in MS Word, Wedge?

/curious
>casually browsing socials
>location: Scotland

Oh my, we have smashers in scotland? Didn't even know you guys...other than that one guy who uses peach
Hows it hanging? any chance the scottish scene will turn up in leicester for the big tournament later this year?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
>casually browsing socials
>location: Scotland

Oh my, we have smashers in scotland? Didn't even know you guys...other than that one guy who uses peach
Hows it hanging? any chance the scottish scene will turn up in leicester for the big tournament later this year?
Don't ask me about the Scottish scene, they don't post much in the Scottish thread and all seem to play Melee but not Brawl. Link me to the Leicester tournament?

True Blue

Smash Lord
So apparently I have a pocket Lucario now. I don't know when that happened, but okay.
Lol. Pocket Lucario. Pocket Monster. Idk, just seemed funny to me.

Though I play Lucario as my secondary but don't think I would ever use it in tourney. Sonic all the way! lol.

@MeekSpeedy: Really? Shall have to see some videos of there teams I guess lol. And the question was more "Which team mate do you think is worse to team up with." Everyone just so happened to name off low tiers lol

Life

Smash Hero
Never come back. :applejack:
Don't tempt me.

Lol. Pocket Lucario. Pocket Monster. Idk, just seemed funny to me.

Though I play Lucario as my secondary but don't think I would ever use it in tourney. Sonic all the way! lol.
Haha.

Srsly, it was really weird. I just kind of picked arbitrary characters for a few friendlies, and I ended up beating this guy's Peach who thrashed my Sonic pretty badly. So I used him for doubles and won a couple of those, and took a game off said Peach with him later in singles. I've only barely played Lucario prior to this (and barely played at all in the past few weeks due to life and Kid Icarus). I think it has something to do with being slower, IDK.

Also, Pittsburgh has a ton of Jiggs players for some reason, and that annoys me.

And yes, Trollby, there's always room for one more here.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Srsly, it was really weird. I just kind of picked arbitrary characters for a few friendlies, and I ended up beating this guy's Peach who thrashed my Sonic pretty badly. So I used him for doubles and won a couple of those, and took a game off said Peach with him later in singles. I've only barely played Lucario prior to this (and barely played at all in the past few weeks due to life and Kid Icarus). I think it has something to do with being slower, IDK.
I play a random bout of characters when hanging out with my friends, which include Lucario, Falco, Lucas, ROB, and Pikachu. Though I have a friend who plays Peach and he says that the match up is not good for Peach, so that is maybe why you were able to be the peach. Probably really sucks cause Peach's air dodge is kinda garbage lol.

@Espy & Tesh: I have no idea what it is I am looking at lol.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Sup all, havent posted in here who knows how long.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I play a random bout of characters when hanging out with my friends, which include Lucario, Falco, Lucas, ROB, and Pikachu. Though I have a friend who plays Peach and he says that the match up is not good for Peach, so that is maybe why you were able to be the peach. Probably really sucks cause Peach's air dodge is kinda garbage lol.

@Espy & Tesh: I have no idea what it is I am looking at lol.
Um, ouendan? /wildguessing

And how are we supposed to raise our hands on the internet anyway?
50% is a FAILING GRADE!!!!

I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't get at least one of them right. Such great games.

Top Bottom