• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
When did I last say that? A month ago?

Still waiting on those Zelda replays btw. If I have any Sonic ones too in your Wii that'd be great. :V

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi Sonic mains! I just dropped by to say hello and you guys are awesome;). I might briefly learn Sonic to improve my MU knowledge.

BSP has a mean Sonic, he owned my Link. GGs

Keep the winning steak alive!

BSP

Smash Legend
Still wifi though

I've got Last coming up. I'll try to get some notable accomplishments there.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Inactivity is sad :(

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Oreo - #DEAD

Hey any1 wanna WIfi next week so I can actually learn the how to Sonic ditto and we can trade some strategies?

I'm getting a car FINALLY and will at last be able to travel :-3

Can't our Spring hit MK while planking as long as you jump up and over his nair?

:sonic:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Most of MKs regular attacks have transcendent priority(excludes dash attack and glide attack). This means they don't interact with other hitboxes, so they can't clash with other moves(which is how you destroy a projectile). Nair, Uair,Fair, Dair and Bair won't stop a spring and airdodging usually won't either because of his slow airspeed. As long as his invincibility is gone, MK has to use a special to beat spring (I've never seen aerial shuttle loop destroy a spring, but its got practically no disjoint) and tornado would be vulnerable from above anyway. Unlike most other projectile that can be fired downward, spring isn't a catchable item so MK pretty much has to drill rush it or fly a bit away from the ledge. If you drop springs from high enough above the ledge, you might be able to give yourself a window to punish his reaction to it, assuming you need something more than 4 damage.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well I'm off to my last tourney. IDK if there will be any live stream or not most likely yea, because fatal said he'd be bringing his Laptop. If there does end up being live stream here is the tourney page which will have a link posted with the streams link

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12032

I would say wish me luck but i could care less how i do today i'm just there to host my Item Brawl side event and gain ppls interest in it as well as show xavier what happens when he adds dumb stages such as shadow moses I'll probably be going sonic, D3, Falco, Kirby, mario and pretty much whoever today in order to try and make someone RQ. cya guys later.

BSP

Smash Legend
BSP, not you too!
Why resist? You're merely postponing the inevitable....

lol

Anyways, went to Last today. I did ok. Brawlman takes best sonic in La. from me even though he's in Mississippi.

**** wifi, not wasting any more of my time on it. It's not helping me get any better. Still lost to the same old, same old. I could beat Brawlman's sonic in dittos last time, but I got stomped today. I just need to learn Sonic more, and focus on everything else less I think.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
no you need to learn the game more and apply what you learn to sonic, just learning sonic will only leave you where kin is, which isnt by any stretch where people should strive to be.

and LOL AT NOAH, HOW YOU GONNA BE 8 YEARS OLD AND JUST HANDING OUT BUSINESS CARDS LIKE THAT.

BSP

Smash Legend
Well maybe, but I gotta fix my sonic first. I've been making too many sonic execution errors.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well i ended up getting tied with someone for 7th while quest got 3rd although he mainly used TL and marth idk if he went sonic probably. Also me and quest got 3rd in doubles we only went double sonic once. Overall not a bad way to end my tourney journey.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Those pics look awesome. :O
Though I'd think it'd be hot wearing that Sonic and Shadow costume, especially the headpiece.

Tesh

Smash Hero
A couple of Sonics wont a couple of tournaments. Also MK ban movement be crying extra this past week. Seems to be working this time though.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I'm against it.
I don't time out every match now in 3-stock matches, but I KNOW I will time out in every 2-stock match I play.
My logic? Fewer stocks means we have to play safer with them, because we have less of a space to make a comeback with a whole one stock less than before. So I'm sure as hell not going to approach unless I have to at the last second. I'm going to either keep a 15% lead and camp with it, or if I'm behind by even just 5%, I'll camp until the last minute and try to bring it back. Even less reason to approach unless it's necessary with only 2 stocks. The Metaknights will notice this too. And the Falcos. And the Warios. And we'll all be timing each other out. And this game will be even more boring than before.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
BSP, spend a week or two not playing Sonic. Sometimes in order to progress with your character, you've gotta allow yourself to part from your main until you have an epiphany.

As for me, I have no faith in my Sonic. I have like 0 faith that I can do well and it gets be beat up in tournament regularly when I don't use him. On top of the fact that I get stressed out super easily. I really think I need some form of inebriation to calm my nerves.

BSP

Smash Legend
BSP, spend a week or two not playing Sonic. Sometimes in order to progress with your character, you've gotta allow yourself to part from your main until you have an epiphany.
It's not that kind of low point. I need to fix moving errors and technical stuff. Like aiming ASCs correctly, auto canceling spring dair from pretty much any height, stuff to make my sonic faster. My playstyle isn't at a stale point atm, but I've got execution bugs to iron out.

When I ditto'd brawlman the other day, I felt like he knew Sonic's mechanics more than me. I usually feel that way anytime I ditto another Sonic, so that means I need to practice more on sonic's mechanics (stuff i mentioned above). We all know Sonic already has some problems, so I can't be making them worse but missing vital but simple stuff.

But if I start to get stale, then I agree, taking a break is a good idea.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
It's not that kind of low point. I need to fix moving errors and technical stuff. Like aiming ASCs correctly, auto canceling spring dair from pretty much any height, stuff to make my sonic faster. My playstyle isn't at a stale point atm, but I've got execution bugs to iron out.

When I ditto'd brawlman the other day, I felt like he knew Sonic's mechanics more than me. I usually feel that way anytime I ditto another Sonic, so that means I need to practice more on sonic's mechanics (stuff i mentioned above). We all know Sonic already has some problems, so I can't be making them worse but missing vital but simple stuff.

But if I start to get stale, then I agree, taking a break is a good idea.
Training mode. That's what I do when I get bored. I learned how to platform cancel and DDP semi-consistently. Granted, all I play is Minus now. Brawl got boring.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
no you need to learn the game more and apply what you learn to sonic, just learning sonic will only leave you where kin is, which isnt by any stretch where people should strive to be.
Now that's just not fair.

That's what I wanted go for at first and leave it at that, but I didn't think later on it would take so much work.

Work I've put some effort into finishing BTW, I've come too far now to just give up.

Also talk about lack of activity. I leave for a couple of days after having gotten a speeding ticket and this is the most you people give me?

At this point going to the asylum may just be more interesting.

:093:

Top Bottom