• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
terios, I can believe I forgot about you, we need you to go to apex too!!!

@ nike. ill take you on. id like to think im pretty good at the marth matchup.

and when i say 'pretty good at the marth matchup' i mean 'pretty good at f smashing all of marths fairs, and timing my ledge invincibility to beat your up b'

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
terios, I can believe I forgot about you, we need you to go to apex too!!!

@ nike. ill take you on. id like to think im pretty good at the marth matchup.

and when i say 'pretty good at the marth matchup' i mean 'pretty good at f smashing all of marths fairs, and timing my ledge invincibility to beat your up b'
Note:
KID also thought he was pretty good at the Falco matchup (SK92)
And the ROB matchup (Chibo)
And the Wolf matchup (Seagull)
Should I continue?

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Current Dead Hedgehogs
  • Kuraudo
  • Kinzer
  • ShadoFiend
  • Turbo
  • Zero
D'ah!

Ah well, no excuses. I just wish I had consistent Marth practice. It's like the one Mu that annoys me that I can't get good at. :<

... Well, at least not until recently... :evil:

Anyway, best of luck to you and whoever should play you. Obviously I'm gonna cheer for the Sonic but you know~.

One of these days I'll defeat Kyle~! I'm so close I can practically taste victory!! *Insert Touhou motivational pic here.*

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i mean, im getting trolled, but ill respond anyway.

i never said i was the expert or the best at that matchup, the only thing Ive said regarding sonic v falco is that its really not that bad for sonic.

in my defense if im being realistic, id classify myself as a low level national class/high level regional class player, and SK92 is a high level national class falco. top 3 in the country imo. so hes definitely a better player than me from jump street, although I might have had a chance to beat him without my terrible SDs in those matches.

that all being said, I plan to money match xzax's falco at apex, so we'll how I play then.

Life

Smash Hero
Funny, playing a Falco might just help my Sonic quite a bit too. Since, y'know, somebody actually uploaded a replay of me playing one at /hope3, for once... what is it about Sonics and Falcos anyway?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Funny, playing a Falco might just help my Sonic quite a bit too. Since, y'know, somebody actually uploaded a replay of me playing one at /hope3, for once... what is it about Sonics and Falcos anyway?
It probably has something to do with the fact that most of the old Sonic's have either A) Retired. Or B) Now main Falco.

Though more realistically it's the fact that when you look at top-end play, Falco is probably Sonic's worst MU. I can't say how comparable he is to MK, but I do know that I have more trouble with Falco than I do Lucario who is also a contender for the most uphill matchup (leaning in favor of Sonic's opponent).

Perhaps that's just because Lucario is just as hard to approach, if not slightly moreso, but with the trade off that Lucario's pressure is... different, I'll say. I won't say Falco's offensive pressure is better, but it's certainly different in that Falco is much faster and his pressure is consistent whereas Lucario is negligible if he's backed up by Aura, and when he is you're most certainly to proceed with much more caution.

Anyway~, If no one else says anything about the video, I'll take a look at it sometime later. For now, I'm going to enjoy the fact that no one can tell me to go screw off if I feel like watching an R-rated movie. Definitely bringing my ID though.

Life

Smash Hero
See, I'm thinking both Lucario and Falco could be better if we worked on edgeguarding them, but maybe we already do that sort of thing and I'm not paying attention.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I loved playing Shugo's Falco. Just wish I didn't have to do it in tournament.
Feel like I can clutch the match if I play a smidgen smarter. I was too aggro during those games.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Having a resident Falco around Denti's, Dphat's, and Bassem's level really helps me out, but I still have an issue with the matchup. Though last time we fought in tournament, we got to last stock last hit, so I'm catching up and figuring things out.

But just because I have an issue with it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. Wario matchup and Diddy matchup on the other hand :urg:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
So now I'm working on a Scourge vertex AND a (hopefully wifi-safe) Strider Hiryu on Pit.

I'm so goddamn cool.

Anyway, I'm wrapping up this Scourge crap. I'm thinking about adding voicework for Scourge and making him an optional full replacement character for those that want it as well as just a 1-Slot Sonic costume. Any of you got what it takes to be the voice of the troll?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
thats because its the one you play the most.

just like how I really like the ike matchup.
Marth is my favorite and my absolute best MU.

Another individual? ...would that other individual happen to be KID by any chance? X said that he wants to go as well.

Either way, I'm money matching ALL of you. $5, best of 3 or 5 is your choice.
I'm making plans. Best believe your Canadian money will be mine.

I need to break my tie with will as well.

this should be good. Ill finally get to defend my title as 'only sonic besides X and Espy worth talking about.'

d1aos should be there as well.

in other news I MAY be attending Ktar6
-dead-

Sonic vs Yoshi Apex Crewbattle

Sonic Team:
Espy
D1aos
Wedge
Speed
Kuraudo/KID ?

Yoshi Team:
Polt
Sharky
Scatz
Delta
?

Sound good?
I don't know who would be preferred to be in the crew battle.
I mean I guess we could have a vote on skype or something.

:phone:
I'd like to get in on that.

I'll be going to Apex, and I'm money matching every sonic I can find :)

Current Dead Hedgehogs
  • Kuraudo
  • Kinzer
  • ShadoFiend
  • Turbo
  • Zero
Glad I'll never make it on that list. (smirk)

Note:
And the ROB matchup (Chibo)
And the Wolf matchup (Seagull)
Should I continue?

On blast! With the :093: assist.

I loved playing Shugo's Falco. Just wish I didn't have to do it in tournament.
Feel like I can clutch the match if I play a smidgen smarter. I was too aggro during those games.
when i had friendlies with shugz at pound i felt the exact same way.
I felt hopeless. Probably because I am but mostly because it was Shugo.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
What kind of a voice would he have anyway? Would you say menacing?

Scourge is Sonic so basically just Sonic's voice, maybe a little raspier with a bit of a condescending "I'm better than you" tone.

As far as his actual taunts & winning quotes go, he can be Deadpool for all I care & just break the 4th wall, mock Sonic's lines, or anything you can think of that Scourge would say to the other player.

Browny

Smash Hater
I'd go to apex if it wasnt at such a god-awful time of year + location combination

blizzards do not make happy travellers.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
*sigh*...my friend Francisco sent me a text message this evening informing me that a friend of ours, Pat, who works at the transit system passed away this morning of pancreatic cancer. She was known to do program the announcements for all the routes as well as do voice announcements for a few of the routes, mainly the Strip and express routes. I only met her once when Francisco worked with her and she knew me very well for as the Sonic fan I am as well as the person who kept complaining about errors in the announcements, especially near my area. Francisco is having a really hard time right now because he has to listen to her voice almost every 3 minutes since he's a Transit Monitor for the Strip and Downtown Express. So he has to hear Pat's voice saying "This bus serves, Strip and Downtown Express Northbound to Downtown and Fremont Street..." over and over again. It's going to be hard for me when I ride the bus for a while now especially on the Strip.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
sorry for your loss sonictailslink. keep ur head up.

yeeeeah. definitely not going Sonic in tourney. don't wanna get caught for "intentional underplaying."

I suck at Brawl though, but I'd be happy to MM people in other games. Like, I'm supposed to MM that Oreo guy in Smackdown Here Comes the Pain and Street Fighter Alpha 3. Anyone else wanna present challenges?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Apex is in January.

.....I might be able to go.
Do it!
I'm gonna give Nike the money for the plane tickets hotel room etc. around November (I guess once the Circuit ends?)
And pre-reg whenever.

...... N-No pressure. :nervous:

--

Do it, Espy!! Silly as the ditto is, I still can't believe that we didn't play while I was in Texas. All we did were the teams when me and Nike took on you and Polt.

[EDIT]

Or was it you and Prime? I forget now... But I know we played some doubles shenanigans.
It was me and polt I believe that teamed, Delicious Double Yoshi.
Green Eggs and Spam.

Sonic vs Yoshi Apex Crewbattle

Sonic Team:
Espy
D1aos
Wedge
Speed
Kuraudo/KID ?

Yoshi Team:
Polt
Sharky
Scatz
Delta
?

Sound good?
I don't know who would be preferred to be in the crew battle.
I mean I guess we could have a vote on skype or something.

Me.

Yoshis don't want the crew battle btw lol. I figured they wouldn't.

O rly?
Been off skype cause of internet, but any reason why they denied?

Life

Smash Hero
(incoming mood whiplash)

1. Sorry for your loss, Tails. v_v

2. Hey, I have the same character postbits as Marko!

3. Speed... you can probably guess what's supposed to go here but I have to leave <.<

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Nuuuuuu...be strong tails. darn it. :(

Also, not to be a downer (seriously, im not), but you guys still believe in my abilities? Especially you KID...of all people i'd not expect you.
Would you like the TL'DR answer or a speech?

I can provide for both, the latter moreso.

Jerry, when you see on AIM, let's talk. By the time you'll read this, I'll be crashing on my bed after having just finally finished my weeklies on my Warrior.

I hate Warrior Tanking, my Druid has spoiled me.

Top Bottom