• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Wow I just read that quoted wedge post.

Not even trolling, but you just need to stop putting your name in the same boat with people way better than you.

Also, not to be a downer (seriously, im not), but you guys still believe in my abilities? Especially you KID...of all people i'd not expect you.
lol? 09 speed is still better than the '11 version of 90 percent of the people in here. If you really want to get technical, its not really that I believe in your abilities, as much as it is my unfathomable LACK of belief in the abilities of everyone else.
2. Hey, I have the same character postbits as Marko!
dont let that trick you into believing that youre anywhere near as cool as him tho.

speaking of marko, wheres that blog at where you said you were gonna prove how awful capcom is? what happened to that?

I just want to know. My performance hasnt been even close to praising.
when was your last tourney anyway.

Life

Smash Hero
So I was screwing around with the new Lucario gimp and I found a couple things. Mainly that it can be avoided by DI.. but it works in a couple other places we hadn't tested previously. And also, the DDD gimp it's based on kills at about 140, but that was more my own curiosity.... Check rFAQ for more details.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah. I found that out awhile back that if Lucario DIs in a certain way with dthrow near the edge of Final Destination (right side), that Lucairo would get stage spiked.

Our throws are stupid.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Speed, I thought that we had already gone over this man. The skill that you once had at this game is something that you don't ever lose. It's all a matter of warming back up and getting back into the swing of things. I didn't play this game for months at one point, and all it took were a few games here and there and I was already caught up with the grand majority of the meta game. It's not to say that Smash is easy to get back into, in that as a player myself, I got familiar with everything again.

The same should apply to you. Just make sure to give yourself some proper time to play in order to really get back to tip-top shape. I want you to be at your best when I meet you at APEX. The same goes for everyone else. I ain't gonna accept any less.

--

Oh! And Meek, are you heading to this too? Sweet stuff!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So I was screwing around with the new Lucario gimp and I found a couple things. Mainly that it can be avoided by DI.. but it works in a couple other places we hadn't tested previously. And also, the DDD gimp it's based on kills at about 140, but that was more my own curiosity.... Check rFAQ for more details.
I wouldn't say it would ever kill, if only because people are (suppose to (know how to)) tech it.

Our throws are good/stupid, and the rest of our character sucks. W00t.
:093:

:phone:
Your face.

@ other stuff.

I'm surprised to see Goggles actually making a comment that isn't... authoritative, for lack of better terms. Still, reading it is almost the same. ;~; Gotta have a bit of confidence in some of the new guys 'round here, or whoever.

But regardless, I'm glad he didn't say it here, because this actually plays into what I think...

Speed, you readin' this broseph?

... If I did not know better, either from knowledge or experience, that's not a question anyone else can answer for you. That's something that only you can know, and if you don't know the answer it just means you're not certain as others would be about/for themselves.

If your confident in your ability, then you've already decided for yourself "this is what I want. I want to Improve my game, be the best." You already know the amount of work you have to put into to getting there, I know you're not stupid; It's just a matter of time before you find out whether the trouble is worth it or not.

... In my case, I want this for myself. I want it bad. I've made so much improvement in the last few months compared to the few years back, and it shows if you look at my entire run thus far. If I still have it in me to keep going further, then there's no reason to stop. Not when I've come so far and I'm so ever closer to where I want to be.

... To really answer the question, when was the last tourney you attended? I can't say for sure at this point in time. I still want to believe I have strong competition on the other side, but in the end my opinion really won't matter or make that much of a difference. It really doesn't. =3=

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
if sonics up throw killed at 150 instead of 200, sonic would be high tier. and I would be da bess ever.

ps. wtf is this bullzhis.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=112526&page=6
LOL looks like kid craft is doing well, but something seems weird...oh yeah there's two links and a zelda in the top 5. Whatever though, I'd probably get bodied by everyone there lol. So I guess nice job Kid craft.

Also Speed I think it's safe to say you're still capable of doing well in tourny. Like Kuraudo said, that skill just doesn't vanish

Edit: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=119168 This explains a lot about that PR

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
KinzertheBrawler 9:52 pm
... Jerry...
762-5941.
Do you have any idea whose number that is?

Jerry 9:53 pm
nope

KinzertheBrawler 9:54 pm
... I'm scared.

Jerry 9:54 pm
it could just be a wrong number

KinzertheBrawler 9:54 pm
"I would love to snd you some pics of this nice *** but I dnt have any pics like tht in my phone."
Area code 702...
... You tell me how people get the wrong number when they send sexts.

;_;

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
as far as the blog regarding capcom, I stopped caring. literally.

i will say this though... there are 5 versions of SF2 (on consoles, Genesis has 2/3 versions and SNES has 3/4 versions... Championship Edition and Hyper Fighting were put on one cartridge) (additionally, that doesn't include post-90s versions... like, Hyper SF2 and HDR, which puts it at 7 lol) , and in the arcades, there are at least 2 versions that came out within 10 months of each other. lol

more random info:
in CE, Guile and Bison were pretty ****ing broken, but people think HF came out so soon because people hacked the **** out of CE (Rainbow Edition, etc.)
SSF2 was considered overall garbs in the arcades (although I played that **** to death on my SNES). So Super Turbo came out soon.
Capcom's best selling video game ever? Street Fighter 2: the World Warrior. Yeah, the first version of SF2. lol

I still think they should stop releasing game version 1 and then same game version 1.2 when they can obviously patch **** up, and being Capcom, can totally dedicate Nintendo-like time into developing a game.

One could argue the "completeness" of vanilla MvC3... but nah, it was pretty complete; no game comes without bugs.

additionally, lol @ KC ****** in Rhode Island.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Sonic does have one of the better grab games... the speed with which he can run up on you and grab, his pummels, his throw damage and such...

no reason that every grab Sonic makes that isn't at the very beginning of a stock does less than 11-12% damage.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
KID plz don't take that PR or my state seriously there garbs as am i. Best I've done was take 5th at R.X.B. and managed to take a game off prawn(HA spam on PS2 too goodz for him i guess.) Oh and yea that stage list wasn't there for R.X.B. but will be there for the R.X.B.2 and there will be live stream so i hope you guys might watch it. If you happen to see me using D3 it'll mostly be on shadow moses or corneria as those will be my CPs if i lose game 2 or if they take me there game 2, also that will be my last tourney so i guess you really shouldn't get to worked up about that ghetto list Xavier calls a PR of RI.

Edit. Stay Free RI

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
eh simple because the games just getting boring the way it is now. Game used to seem fun until i started realizing how top tier focused everyone is(although its kinda like that in every competitive fighting game) that and i don't feel like going to tourneys just to know i'm handing MA my money as i know theres no way i'll be getting better quickly enough to start out placing them(especially when my states only TO is completely clueless on how to add stages that make sense and adjust rules to help make it reasonable). Thats also another reason, the fact the game is played with so many rules limiting it simply because the things intended to be used are deemed "random" thus automatically governed non-competitive worthy. i rather play the game using whatever without the burden of needing to improve, just to get CG'd by IC's or SL'd by MK dying at 60%. it's just imo not worth my time anymore. i'll still be down for matches and stuff but the tourney scene just isn't for me anymore.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Wedge You 2 Good LMFAO

@KidC24 Play WIfi and you should do your best 2 create a scene. I love the game everytime I play it even though I have NO1 good 2 play against in my area. Plus I have no car and I work at the worst of times if I really want to smash(I DJ so Fridays and Saturdays are terrible 4 me and tourneys). Sooner than later you'll get a car but try not to stress out about it and just go do other things in the meantime until you can play. It seems like your stressin 2 much about it. Jus play casually cuz like Kuraduo said your skill wont ever be gone you'll just have 2 warm back up.

About how many pages back were u guys talkin about _X_'s performance @ G2?

& Espy should have gone... He'd a won.

& can someone explain the Lucario gimp?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Thats also another reason, the fact the game is played with so many rules limiting it simply because the things intended to be used are deemed "random" thus automatically governed non-competitive worthy.
I remember reading something about the difference between comp. smash and comp. street fighter...

it was something along the lines of this:

with comp. smash, there are like 10-15 rules just to make it competitive. with comp. street fighter, all you gotta do is press start. lol

ultimately KC, don't stress it. just continue to **** RI. lol

When he's off the stage, use dair.
(with MetaKnight)

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
meh it's not like I'm going to stop playing the game, just like i said I'm not gonna be going to anymore tourneys. Regardless of if i could get a ride to them or not i just have begun to dislike having to play with so many limitations. I remember i used to have helluva lot more fun playing brawl compared to now. The metagame isn't changing and things just have reached a point where I'm thinking to myself is tourneys worth going to anymore.

Edit. RI's just so free :p

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
whoa, smashboards auto updates now. that's pretty cool.

limits are definitely uncool.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
That and i think it's high time i start looking towards trying to save up for bigger and better things instead of just using whatever money i can save up to go to tourneys. also i think I'll just wait for SSB4 to get back into the competitive scene.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
at this rate, Smash 4 will be even less competitive than Brawl.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
yea but knowing this community we'll try to turn it into something competitive by adding all these rules and stuff, which in turn will break the game causing they to go on a rant and have nintendo patch the game via a DLC or something. Plus DLC characters and stages will atleast ensure i'll stay interested in the game more than brawl.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
@Wedge You 2 Good LMFAO

@KidC24 Play WIfi and you should do your best 2 create a scene. I love the game everytime I play it even though I have NO1 good 2 play against in my area. Plus I have no car and I work at the worst of times if I really want to smash(I DJ so Fridays and Saturdays are terrible 4 me and tourneys). Sooner than later you'll get a car but try not to stress out about it and just go do other things in the meantime until you can play. It seems like your stressin 2 much about it. Jus play casually cuz like Kuraduo said your skill wont ever be gone you'll just have 2 warm back up.

About how many pages back were u guys talkin about _X_'s performance @ G2?

& Espy should have gone... He'd a won.

You dthrow lucario with sonic''s back to the ledge when you're super close to it. Like with the D3 gimp but not as good and it's on more stages. Setting it up seems like it's gonna be a pain but it's really good on halberd once you get to ship.

however the one MarKO explained is better lol

edit: anti planking mgm is out http://vgbootcamp.com/entry.php?19-Metagame-Minute-Anti-Planking-(Discovered-by-Logic

does bair come out fast enough to hit mk?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Bair comes out just fast enough to hit MK. However if MK was Uair planking, sonic can drop springs on him anyway. MKs aerials don't clash with anything, so his only option vs spring is to simply avoid it. Only time you should even be going for the bair is if it will kill.

Top Bottom