• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Durr hey InCom you wouldn't happen to still be playing WoW would you?

... I just fancied the thought of playing together after this dream I had last night. Speaking of, I didn't sleep too well, in that same dream I managed to choke my step-father to death, and I got myself stuck in one of those High School of the Dead scenarios. Only with less boobies.

... Or at least, not the kind I was hoping for. ;_; *Shiver.*

Now I wonder if drinking Wine before bed is not such a good thing. Help me fall asleep, but the quality of sleep was not as equally pleasant.

:093:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Say what you will, but I'm sticking by that john. I don't care. :p Because I went even with RAIN before my old one's analog broke (I claw the analog stick. it's weird I know lol) and then once I'd broken in my new one, proceeded to go even with MikeHAZE in our money match. I lost 2-1 but it was last stock, last hit. I've made some good money back on a few people, but I lost to Tyrant and Richbrown in money matches too. Lost count on what I've made so far, but this feels like the first Genesis all over again. I do good a little too late. Next time I'm making sure I have a lot of broken-in controllers I can switch to as I play.

But it ain't over yet. I'm gonna challenge RAIN to another money match. I also went even with Krystedez, beasted Zigsta in a money match (It's Bowser though. he's still awesome, but it's Bowser.) and ultimately had Tyrant and a lot of the Cali scene impressed with me, saying that I'm better than the locals in their tournaments. Also, apparently I'm better than Trent and according to MikeHAZE I'm a celebrity. I gotta find out wtf that means. LOL

I'm not done yet. Gonna see how I'm feeling after I play more Smash, but I may rematch Richbrown and Tyrant as well. MikeHAZE was a loss I'm content with because it was just a great set, but we'll see. Oh, and I gotta fight Denti, Infinity and whatnot. I'll finish up. Gotta head over to the venue now before I risk getting DQ'd in Project: M.

It's not making it out to second round pools, but at least we helped show that Alberta is legit. Unfortunately none of us made it out of second round pools, but there were a lot of close 4th place spots. Also apparently every set is now best of 5 for the 48 man bracket. I don't understand why they didn't just make it top 4 make it out of pools and go with the 64 man bracket instead. Because best of 5 for every single game? ....kinda stupid imo.

Also, KID? You going hard on me or trying to intimidate me with talk of "the only good Canadian Sonic is Meekspeedy" does nothing to me really. I drive myself, as well as take the words of encouragement from how my skiill speaks for me when people say stuff. Thanks for the props before on how I did with other things, but yeah. :p

Anyway, I'm off. One last day of Genesis 2. Gonna make it count s'more.

Life

Smash Hero
Kinz, haven't played for over a year, sorry. Otherwise I'd roll a character on your server (and I was pretty bad at that too anyway soooooo)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Apparently __X__ just got timed out by Earth at Genesis. Winner's bracket I believe, but its still early in a 48 man bracket, its not looking good.

Sonic still beats Sheik and Pit though. IDC

edit: it appears its going to be replayed on the stream in a couple of minutes. should be some epic mid tier action

Trent

Smash Champion
Apparently __X__ just got timed out by Earth at Genesis. Winner's bracket I believe, but its still early in a 48 man bracket, its not looking good.

Sonic still beats Sheik and Pit though. IDC

edit: it appears its going to be replayed on the stream in a couple of minutes. should be some epic mid tier action
The match didn't get saved.

Tesh

Smash Hero
That sucks, I would have been amazed to see how Pit times out Sonic with a 50 LGL.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Olimars are all over the place nowadays. I've never even heard of Rich Brown until he made himself known to me shortly after Apex and at MLG, Denti has gotten better and better in no time at all, Dabuz is starting to make more commendable victories.

It's almost as if all the Olimars said "oh ****, our character CAN kick ***!" collectively once Brood made his mark at Apex.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The way __X__ plays seems like it would get wrecked by pivot grab nonsense though. And Denti is a top Oli with top Sonic exp from espy.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Unlucky man, Cloud.

2-3 a year barely counts <_<
I will gladly trade that for a non-existant offline scene.

aight....

uhhh...

im kinda new to this so excuse me if i dont do it right.

excel... g... go coughcoughcough.

good job (man this is hard)

good job, on not going 2 and out. I know how it feels having to play the same people in every tourney. I lost to pikapika in tournament for like 3-4 years straight (going all the way back to melee)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1bV5D9E3e8#t=00m12s

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah. X's spin dash style certainly won't work on someone like Denti, or Olimar in general. I feel like it requires more of a control of Sonic through dashes over spins in order to get into Olimar's zone, and stay there to deal damage. Spin dash just doesn't cut it with purples, pivots, tilts, and smashes. Not surprising to hear him lose to Denti.

I WAS surprised to hear him lose to Pit though.

I wonder what place he got.

Tesh

Smash Hero
At least he beat Nick Riddle again if that counts for anything now. I would love to see how he beat him 2-0, I could use some insight.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I was just trolling. X won, but I wasn't kidding about how close they were. Evenly matched. I just wanted to see your reactions, namely KIDs lol.

:phone:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I can imagine Kinzer doing a classic cinema double-take with that reaction.
Hmm... I could not find an image to show just exactly how shocked I was, or how I was embarrassed that I made the assumption without any support.

I'm glad I was still right in the end though, ha.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Yo Kuraudo, i just wanted to say good stuff keeping your head up and holdin it down in those MM's man. I know the feeling of that pool mess all too well and you handled it better than I ever could. Dat indomitable will. You'll get em next time. Assuming the controller dont asplode D:

Might be going to a tourney this weekend, not entering, just doing MM's. Feel like a better Speed than last time.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_'90s_Are_All_That

MY CHILDHOOD. JUBILATION TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE.

Legends of the Hidden Temple > all.
Yo I'm super hyped for All That, that was the show man. That and angry beavers.

Btw Legends of the Hidden Temple is the game show right? That ish was intense back in the day

Oh and Kuraudo I never said thanks for posting those avatars, as you can see I liked the super sonic one a lot lol so thanks

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
For a second, I thought it read "the bess Sonic."

I was about to say "I'm afraid that's reserved for me, eventually."

It could be...in the near future. But TrueBlue is such a cool phrase :awesome:

Btw KID. Wasn't Roller the guy that 3 stocked you in your money match? I 2-0'd him in mine. :p

:phone:
Roller? the IC's? Or am i jumpin the gun here?
Also since im free today, im spending all day watchin vids. aww yee

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. if you had said you beat X, I basically woulda just said something like, 'i KNEW that guy was a fraud!' lol

2. congratulations on beating rollers pivot grab... i mean ICs. Now play hylian and see how well you do there.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm guessing Cloud didn't go for the "airdodge into their shield" approach.

Life

Smash Hero
So I'm considering going Marth or Diddy for a while, as Pittsburgh is basically filled with Sonic's worst matchups (a couple Lucarios, eighty billion Falcos and MKs). No johns, just trying something different. Thoughts? (I'm not leaving permanently, and I'll still hang out here)

Tesh

Smash Hero
marth sucks and you are always complaining that your tech skill sucks so why pick up diddy. pick up mk or snake.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Pony Avatars... JOY!
Also Pit timing out a Sonic... kinda ironic and shows the Pit mains need to step up their game if Earth is able to beat your second best.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Bah, I should hope beating another mid tier isn't the best they can accomplish. His Sheik was impressive against Gnes, but in the end, those reads on the spotdodges don't matter when you don't kill earlier than 170. Made me laugh seeing a back air offstage survived at 150+ multiple times in the set.

Can anyone here record some replays for me and upload them ASAP? I left my component cables at the venue this Saturday and I can't record anything for now.

Top Bottom