• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Life

Smash Hero
marth sucks and you are always complaining that your tech skill sucks so why pick up diddy. pick up mk or snake.
1. Marth does not suck. If I were worried about my character sucking I would not play Sonic.
2. Mainly just 'cause we don't really have one IIRC. I messed around with Melee Fox for a while to help the techskill thing, I figure I can learn Diddy.
3. Tried MK once. My Sonic is better. Sad, ain't it? XD
4. Snake... hm. I'll mess around with him a while, never was good with grenades though. (I have a couple cousins in Rochester I'm trying to teach over wifi, the one plays Snake and the other plays ZSS, so I kinda have to learn those two no matter what)

Let's see... I would look at Oli, Falco, and ZSS next.

1. If nothing else, I have trouble getting in on Oli (certainly you recall), if I see how others get in on my Oli it would help me in that matchup.
2. Falco, mainly based on the one time I got him from random during a friendly and gimped a fairly decent player twice (once via a well-placed dair edgeguard and once by laserlocking him off a walkoff--it was on CS). I went on to lose, but meh.
3. ZSS... see Snake.

...I suck no matter what, haha.

Tesh

Smash Hero
NICE, upload ASAP when you get home? I want to see how he managed that without going over the LGL. Pit has to grab more frequently than MK to stay safe.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
aight....

uhhh...

im kinda new to this so excuse me if i dont do it right.

excel... g... go coughcoughcough.

good job (man this is hard)

good job, on not going 2 and out. I know how it feels having to play the same people in every tourney. I lost to pikapika in tournament for like 3-4 years straight (going all the way back to melee)

also. i find this incredibly ironic.

All the time I spent actually going to tournaments and placing well. And everyone decides to wait until Ive basically gone inactive to state that Im actually good.

lastly, I go hard on people but I usually try to say at least one thing positive about everyones results that i comment on. even if it is usually a backhanded complement. But that still doesnt change the fact that the next post cloud put in here had better be about how he just made like 50$ in money matches. cus I expect better from him than not making it into second pools.

I still don't state that you're actually good.
But I won't say you're bad.

:phone:
Oh, I'm still horrible. I think I really just got mad at the fact that I spent a bunch of time practicing and I got nowhere. Plus, I only used Sonic once throughout singles. I used him a few times in doubles though. Doesn't matter much anyways I'll just make my money in Brawl-. :pt:/:ganondorf: too good.

BSP

Smash Legend
If you're going to pick up a secondary, MK is the best choice by faaaaaaar at this point.

Anyways, Last V coming up here. I'm going to try to rep Sonic, but I may go Luigi too depending on who I face. Luigi needs some love anyway lol

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
So I'm considering going Marth or Diddy for a while, as Pittsburgh is basically filled with Sonic's worst matchups (a couple Lucarios, eighty billion Falcos and MKs). No johns, just trying something different. Thoughts? (I'm not leaving permanently, and I'll still hang out here)
Welcome to my world >_>
The MK capital of the world.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I should wifi wedge and Incom if I can. Being in PA for a month with possible wifi should be considerably beneficial when playing EC blokes.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Same here, aside from some infrequent locals

Don't trust wifi
I know, it's just that it's all I have since I don't have my license yet and I kinda have the same problem as you, there's usually a tourney every month or every other month here. Most of the time I can't even go :/

Maybe we should have a thread for Wifi Sonics?
Like have all the sonic's that play wifi post their friend codes there? That wouldn't be bad

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We do have a thread for that, it's called the Sonic social thread :awesome:

This man is right.

Those kinds of threads have been done before.

and they're dead.

So you can die while you die.

I don't know why I've had that in my head all day, and now I just had probably the best moment to say it that I'll ever find.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I've played a bit of wifi with most of you AiB sonics anyway. My connection with zero is soooooooooooo bad, but at least he lives over in San Antonio so I get a chance to play him at regionals Im assuming.

My next big tournament is looking to be HOBO 33. Its part of the Texas circuit AND its going to be an APEX qualifier so I'm expecting alot of people come out and compete.

Tesh

Smash Hero
didnt we already have a sonic named true blue,

also what happened to trentwolf?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Nope. KID lost to Roller who I beat. Therefore, Inui Logic mandates I'm better than KID. It's in the results. It was also in the WHOBO 3 results.

It just keeps happening.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Still, its who you beat, not how you place. And __X__ is still way ahead of you folks.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
lol, I don't care so much about being better than X, Espy, or anyone. If I want to be better than X, Espy and whatnot, it's not as a Sonic, but a player period. I'm just joining in the lulz, don't mind me. I'm in it for the sake of bettering myself, regardless of the character.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
lol, I don't care so much about being better than X, Espy, or anyone. If I want to be better than X, Espy and whatnot, it's not as a Sonic, but a player period. I'm just joining in the lulz, don't mind me. I'm in it for the sake of bettering myself, regardless of the character.
What a coincidence. On the way to becoming the "perfect" (Sonic) player, it involves me getting so good that I eventually surpass everyone. If by then I am too tired to go any further towards making absolutely no mistakes in my playstyle, I'll settle for being the best (Sonic) player in the world.

Your Avi is also fitting.

:093:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I think I just played John himself combined with the spitefulness of Cheese. Like. Dude uses MK & Toon Link talking about how **** of a character Sonic is as I'm wrecking his *** with Pit. Then he starts talking **** about my Pit, so I switch to Sonic and just ruin his life forever. After that he was "...You're proud of that, aren't you?" and I'm just trolling the **** out of him like "You can keep talking when you start winning."

Like this kid is acting like I represent all Sonic mains like "Sonic's never gonna win a national tourney, you're never gonna win a tourney at all with him!" and I'm just like "I've won Grand Finals with my GANON! What are you even doing talking? You still haven't won a single game yet!"

He wants to play me at Apex now, like, he's holding a 6 month grudge. Just waiting for the day. The boy is outside the venue right now in a tent. Waiting.

I'm so glad I picked Sonic back up. I forgot how amazing his haters are.

Dem censors.

Also screw Scourge. I'm still making the vertex hack, but he's completely trolling me this these damn polygons. Sonic's shoes are like 3 separate polygons.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Damn that's messed up. I'm glad that it all got resolved for them but damn, man.

Top Bottom