• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
i beat d1aos and outplaced him, theres no way he can be better than me.

also, why are you no longer in this conversation again?

You know, I have time while I'm waiting for the random dungeon finder DPS queue.

Heya Goggles... I'm not trying to make it sound like I'm against you, but I wouldn't fall on that excuse.

Let me give you an example.

Let's say me and Jerry both enter the same tournament. Let's also assume neither of us do any seeding whatsoever, so it's completely random. Jerry gets z first match in winners, and then has to fight Kyle in losers afterwards.

I get to play RandomIkeGuy, win that match, play Magistrate447, win that match, and so on and so forth.

In the end, I outplace Jerry on stupid luck. Does that make me the better player?

I would think it only makes me pretty lucky.

And if I wanted to go a bit further, I could say I lose to the same people Jerry did but still outpalce him. If nothing else, that makes the both of us equally bad.

So~...

No more excuses. Let's just **** anyone who comes in our way and let our matches with specific players speak for ourselves, huh?

This goes for everyone, myself included.

If you have to, ignore the obvious paintjobs. Just bored/trying to get my point across.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The chart still has him above you, KID.
And I'm not in the conversation because there's no comparison to be made.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Favorite Sonic image? Oh god, I have tons. I'll put my least favorite (And a few I edited) in collapse tags, while my favorites are special enough not to be in there.

[collapse=Sawlneek]

[/collapse]

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
It doesn't currently matter who the best sonic is, but it isn't KID. He hasn't done anything more than d1aos, myself, or even kai as of late.
The best sonic until someone really steps it up is espy, but it's not like he's surpassed himself recently whatsoever. Until he beats razer, gnes, trela, mjg, or someone else that's been ****** texas, it's not likely that he's going to be gaining fame to matter as best sonic, and everyone is still on X's **** until the end of time. What he should do is train with pwii now that pwii is in texas, but espy doesn't even practice anymore.

No offense to espy of course, I love the man and idolize him.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pwii will be in Houston. I will train with Pwii and become the best Sonic.

Also MJG is in texas? I think you mean Jerm, and he is retired as well.

And why wouldn't we be steakriding __X___, he has proven to be top 2 Sonic and after this weekend, he might even be looking like number 1.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
My bad yeah I meant jerm not mjg. Got my TLs confused.
He'll look like top 2 if his spindashes go unpunished as usual and he doesn't play anyone from the east coast in tournament. We destroy spindash.

If you're serious about practicing with pwii ill try to get ahold of him for you.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
At Genesis 2. I'm already out at the first round of pools though. I'm very salty, pissed at Play-Asia for not delivering my controller on time (controller johns, yup). I'm disappointed but gonna keep my head held high. Gonna have some fun. I'll tell more when I'm not getting roaming charges.

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
I was just about to ask about you Kuraudo. Get them next time.

If you arent watching, __X__ got 1st seed from his pool.

I think there are two other sonics, but idk know them.

TBH i don't cares who's the best, if anyone does anything notable I'll congratulate them for it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I dont remember what pool twitch was in, but death is in M2Ks pool, but it didnt look really tough anyway. I have no idea how good he is though.

Cloud, what happened? I saw I think Razer in your pool, but how bad did it all go?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Oh damn, Apex is the 13th?

I may be in Pennsylvania for a month until I go back to campus in OK, on the 19th. I could probably make that. Gotta get a nice wad of money to do such a thing though.

And so I learn I can't read. I can probably make KTAR though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Looks like __X__ is the only Sonic to make it out of pools. Unless M2K has been DQ'd, looks like the other Utah Sonic got 4th seed in M2K's pool.

edit: nvm, m2k is in a different pool, death made it out.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Looks like __X__ is the only Sonic to make it out of pools. Unless M2K has been DQ'd, looks like the other Utah Sonic got 4th seed in M2K's pool.

edit: nvm, m2k is in a different pool, death made it out.
Yeah like I said, I choked. Not feeling too happy about it, but there's always next time and I'm gonna make the best of this. That and I still have a money match with X later. And MikeHAZE, and a few others. Either way I'm not leaving here without making some heads roll. Lotta people were surprised that I didn't make it out. That says something right there. I can't let people down!

Mr. Pink, Kokaloo, and Razer... Really feel that I shouldn't have lost to Mr. Pink or Kokaloo. I choked big time on the Fox match-up, and Kokaloo and me was legit and coulda gone either way, but it woulda been nice if it went in my favor instead. Razer was a lot closer than I'd have expected it to be. Last stock matches at midway percent both times.

But in the end, close isn't enough. Actually winning is what counts here. So... Not my best performance. Best of luck to X and Death then. I'm gonna kick somebody's *** from Play-Asia for not delivering my ****ing controller on time. That or Canada's postal service for going on strike, freaking idiots.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
insert Mandark laughter here.

how you get outplace by deathbysuarez?

looks like there only room for one (not good but) above average sonic in canada. and apparently, his name is meekspeedy.

EDIT
i just reread your post.
and then you pull controller johns? thats worse than me. at least I only pulled coldhand johns for a money match.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its funny because.

1. cloud is the type to not care or get mad at what I think, because hes a big boy and can take care of himself.
2. as much as I get trolled its fun to do to people. I now understand why people like tesh and wedge exist.
3. didnt DBS just pick up the character like 2 months ago?
4. I called myself out for johns the same way I called him out on johns.
5. despite the fact that meek LOVES trolling me, I still gave him props as a decent player.

i mean, you can be salty all you want, but you should focus on stepping your game up instead of defending the the guy thats still miles ahead of you while drowning in pools.

and at least he got beat in pools head up, instead of doing good enough to get out but getting gayed out of brackets anyway like D1aos almost did.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... You... lost to Kokaloo?

This pisses me off so much.

I hate that guy, what a lousy personality he has when it comes to losing.

If I get to play that guy, I'm going to record it, and basically show you how shielding properly will wreck his scrubby ***.

gdizgbdgbuygzgroysghoegheroy.

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
I think I'm going to regret posting this... but it needs to be said.

[collapse="Let me explain..."]Goggles, listen up, I don't wanna have to post this twice.

Let me get something straight here.

You're a decent player. I get it. I'm a pretty crappy one. I get it. (Did you even read my username?) Blah blah blah. This is not about me, nor about Cloud. I'm trying to HELP YOU. Like I said, you're pretty good at this game, and about 80% of the time you're a fairly decent human being. The other 20% gets in the way of the rest of this board learning from it.

...I can't really find a good way to lead into this, so I'm just gonna say it.

What you do to our Sonics, I am doing to your posts.

The 13th place thing? Not a matter of personal pride. I made a big deal out of it to point out something--that is, you don't give your fellow Sonics _any_ credit other than X and Espy (and apparently Meek now). Some of us don't deserve credit. It sucks to be a Ganon tier Sonic. I would know. (I could john to Rochester and back about it if I wanted to. I choose instead to embrace responsibility for my failures and get better... no matter how much pot-filling that involves.) By rubbing it in all you do is make people not take you seriously, so that when you do have something specific to contribute it makes less of an impact.

You call us out when we place poorly. I call you out when you post poorly. Both of us come off poorly (for different reasons) over it.

If this were about my ego? If I didn't think you had something worth contributing? I would have ignored you long ago. I have not, because I see someone worth salvaging.

I'm not angry. I'm trying to help you in the same sense that you help others. Do you see why I bother you now, KID? Or have I been wasting my time with you?
[/collapse]

Anyway, how's X doing?

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
^
Yeah I agree with Incom, sorry goggles but everytime I see you post it's always something that is either very irritating or just obnoxious. I understand that you're a good player and stuff but jeez dude it'd be cool if you stopped.

and incom I don't know if there are any updates on _X_. Last time I was watching the stream the only news I saw was that he beat nick riddle, which has already been mentioned.

Tesh

Smash Hero
My fortune cookie says "You are Always entertaining and delightful"

Take that google.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Went to a tournament today. Choked hard in doubles and singles. Got 7th out of like 15 or something. Ripple and I went to game 3, last stock with everyone we played except our last match and we somehow choked every single time. Also, I don't think they counted Sonic as my character as I went MK most of the tournament. I got stuck playing 2 people that I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE playing. One that's just really smug because he's better than me and likes to rub it in my face by basically sandbagging me with secondaries and another who I've had to play in loser's bracket almost every tournament for 3 years. It gets old. I ended up ragequitting both matches. I hate my inactivity.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ally not playin any game with __X__. No worries, Apparently 3rd round of pools wont happen. Its gonna be a Bo5 bracket instead so its gonna be suuuuper stacked anyway.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
its funny because.

1. cloud is the type to not care or get mad at what I think, because hes a big boy and can take care of himself.
2. as much as I get trolled its fun to do to people. I now understand why people like tesh and wedge exist.
3. didnt DBS just pick up the character like 2 months ago?
4. I called myself out for johns the same way I called him out on johns.
5. despite the fact that meek LOVES trolling me, I still gave him props as a decent player.

i mean, you can be salty all you want, but you should focus on stepping your game up instead of defending the the guy thats still miles ahead of you while drowning in pools.

and at least he got beat in pools head up, instead of doing good enough to get out but getting gayed out of brackets anyway like D1aos almost did.
Lmao you finally understand? <3

insert Mandark laughter here.

how you get outplace by deathbysuarez?

looks like there only room for one (not good but) above average sonic in canada. and apparently, his name is meekspeedy.

EDIT
i just reread your post.
and then you pull controller johns? thats worse than me. at least I only pulled coldhand johns for a money match.
Apparently, there's still not enough room for one in upstate NY.

^
Yeah I agree with Incom, sorry goggles but everytime I see you post it's always something that is either very irritating or just obnoxious. I understand that you're a good player and stuff but jeez dude it'd be cool if you stopped.

and incom I don't know if there are any updates on _X_. Last time I was watching the stream the only news I saw was that he beat nick riddle, which has already been mentioned.
I love you, nearly homo.

#realtalk

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
aight....

uhhh...

im kinda new to this so excuse me if i dont do it right.

excel... g... go coughcoughcough.

good job (man this is hard)

good job, on not going 2 and out. I know how it feels having to play the same people in every tourney. I lost to pikapika in tournament for like 3-4 years straight (going all the way back to melee)

also. i find this incredibly ironic.

All the time I spent actually going to tournaments and placing well. And everyone decides to wait until Ive basically gone inactive to state that Im actually good.

lastly, I go hard on people but I usually try to say at least one thing positive about everyones results that i comment on. even if it is usually a backhanded complement. But that still doesnt change the fact that the next post cloud put in here had better be about how he just made like 50$ in money matches. cus I expect better from him than not making it into second pools.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Are we one big happy family now? Cuz thats not gonna be any fun. God dammit InCom!

Top Bottom