• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Life

Smash Hero
0.0 i just tested InferiorityComplex's post color on all the skins i have.
I still couldn't see it w/o highlighting.

Hi Jimmy =D
Troll mode deactivate.

Lash, you think that's bad? For some reason, ever since I got a Mac, I can't read this color even if I DO highlight my text (but I can read Tesh's). If I want to see it I have to quote/edit my posts (or just change the color like this one).

Also, it's Incom for short.

Reentering troll mode now.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Wow lol. I wish i had a mac :x
Gotcha, Incom.

Anyway, i may be going to my first fairly large tournament in a couple months. There's some Gamecon in October happening in my state. However, it's a good 3-4 hours away or so, and for my parents, going anywhere by myself that's more than an hour or so away is just "too dangerous for their precious little baby >.>"
I know i can't make it for all 3 days it's happening, but i'm definitely gonna try to see what day they're holding the specific events i wanna go to. Still, right now, my chances of going at all atm are at 33.33(repeating of course)% :/

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, Incom I'll settle for what I have now. Nicely done though.

Also Espy has been forced into retirement. Now only __X__ and KID matter.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Don't worry I'm just kidding. There will be a large tournament in San Antonio about 5 weeks from now with lots of talent and opportunities.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Don't worry I'm just kidding. There will be a large tournament in San Antonio about 5 weeks from now with lots of talent and opportunities.
Good. I want to have the chance of surpassing him before he gives the game up. I've got until........ Wii-U Smash to do so.

Joy. LOL

Tesh

Smash Hero
Espy has beaten people that have retired. You can never beat that. Its just like when I lost to Rocketrainer.....it can never be fixed.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
You better be. I was shocked when you first implied that our Espy was retiring.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well with __X__ switching to Yoshi that would mean da krud google is our best Sonic (behind MeekSpeedy, and all the mexican Sonics). Can't have some high tier main being the top rep for us. Falcon status....

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's quite possible that Sonic *does* have this ability, but we'd have to be very frame-perfect. Does someone with brawl-hacks want to test this out?

1. What frame(s) exactly, after releasing side-B, is it invincible? We want Sonic to be aerial the frame before the invincibility, and grounded the frame with the invincibility. (I think -- ask the DK-hacker-ppl to establish that that's exactly what they're doing.)

2. Even then, it looks like DK's success depends on the precise momentum with which he's moving towards the stage. Note that DK's up-B acts as a "brake" -- on some particular frame, it completely sets his horizontal/vertical velocity without regard for any previous momentum he may have had . This is the same as Sonic's side-B! :)

3. However, our side-B sets very different values for that velocity when it's released. In particular, we start moving with some considerable horizontal velocity (this is at the very beginning of the "hop"). I'm not sure how this compares to DK's up-B; or if it's even relevant to the way we might need to perform this tech.

4. The moment we release the side-B (well, I guess starting on the very first frame that B is un-pressed, but I'm not sure), the control stick's horizontal component has a minor effect on the horizontal momentum of the spindash's "hop". That is, we can pull the hop back or push it forward, by a very modest amount. This might be relevant to finding the perfect momentum with which we want to "land" on the stage during our invincibility frame.
bump for actual game-relevance.... anyone want to investigate this?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can talk to GIMR and K Prime. They might be able to help investigate this kinda thing.
It's already been mentioned though.

Life

Smash Hero
incom, your sig is a lie, the record is definitely like 4 - 10 in my favor.
It's my personal record, not the overall one, which is close to even IIRC.
(I got 9th at Smash Nation 2, which was a 16-man tournament. Still counts :cool:)

And since I'm now a better troll than Tesh I can change my post color. BRB.

_Dice

Smash Ace
It's quite possible that Sonic *does* have this ability, but we'd have to be very frame-perfect. Does someone with brawl-hacks want to test this out?

1. What frame(s) exactly, after releasing side-B, is it invincible? We want Sonic to be aerial the frame before the invincibility, and grounded the frame with the invincibility. (I think -- ask the DK-hacker-ppl to establish that that's exactly what they're doing.)

2. Even then, it looks like DK's success depends on the precise momentum with which he's moving towards the stage. Note that DK's up-B acts as a "brake" -- on some particular frame, it completely sets his horizontal/vertical velocity without regard for any previous momentum he may have had . This is the same as Sonic's side-B! :)

3. However, our side-B sets very different values for that velocity when it's released. In particular, we start moving with some considerable horizontal velocity (this is at the very beginning of the "hop"). I'm not sure how this compares to DK's up-B; or if it's even relevant to the way we might need to perform this tech.

4. The moment we release the side-B (well, I guess starting on the very first frame that B is un-pressed, but I'm not sure), the control stick's horizontal component has a minor effect on the horizontal momentum of the spindash's "hop". That is, we can pull the hop back or push it forward, by a very modest amount. This might be relevant to finding the perfect momentum with which we want to "land" on the stage during our invincibility frame.
i fully remember doing this once vs Mink onb, i may have saved the replay. but i don't know what match it was. it IS possible at least on smashvilles platform. but since that one is moving i dunno.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ignore this post.

Blah, I forgot why this can't work.

Sonic doesn't stop ascending on his Spin Dash on a flat surface until like frame 17 at the earliest. If he's rising before then, there's no possible way to land unless there's a slope, which just defeats the purpose of trying to make this universal.

:093:

BSP

Smash Legend
Invincible Spin Dash Roll

It's what happens when sonic hits the ground during the invincibility frames of his side B spindash. He gets a lot more priority and can't be grabbed iirc (i don't use it too much tbh)

It can still clank unfortunately

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
tigersplayer9 9:21 pm
hey there

tigersplayer9 is offline 9:21 pm
IMs are delivered when the buddy signs in. Send tigersplayer9 a text message
KinzertheBrawler 9:21 pm
Uhm, hi.

tigersplayer9 9:22 pm
heyyy 26-f here how bout you???

KinzertheBrawler 9:22 pm
Eighteen. Why do you ask?

tigersplayer9 9:22 pm
ahhhh... have we ever talked b4???

KinzertheBrawler 9:23 pm
I don't think so.

tigersplayer9 9:23 pm
lol oops sorrrrry i always forget... what are you up to?????

KinzertheBrawler 9:23 pm
Not much. What about yourself?

tigersplayer9 9:23 pm
Oooo im soooooo bored Help meee!!
lol. it's so lame on here anymore..... i was thinkin about getting my caam wanna *** join mee??????

KinzertheBrawler 9:24 pm
... Excuse me?

tigersplayer9 9:24 pm
yea? ok i use this site so i cann't be recorded but it's completely free to use i've had an account there forever
its really simple andit's like a private chat where you can tell me what to do :) h sound good?

KinzertheBrawler 9:25 pm
Uhm, sure I suppose.

tigersplayer9 9:25 pm
*Insert virus-infected website here* ya just cIicck the gold Join FREE on the top ofmy page see it???

KinzertheBrawler 9:26 pm
Uhm, no I don't. Can you help me with that?

tigersplayer9 9:26 pm
aIright it'll ask you for a c.c. to verifyy your age buttttttttt it does NOT charge it a single penny!!!
if you have any problems or anything let me know i'll help ya through it.... it's really easy though

KinzertheBrawler 9:27 pm
But what id I don't have a credit card? ;_;

tigersplayer9 9:28 pm
yeah just hurry up i'm getting lonley in here!!

KinzertheBrawler 9:29 pm
But you're not telling me the what if. :-\

tigersplayer9 9:29 pm
you in yet huh?? when you get your name just go back to my page so we can get started!!!!

KinzertheBrawler 9:30 pm
... Meh screw it you're not even trying to play with me anymore, so I'll just block you. I've lost track of how many bots this has been now...

And to be honest... I really haven't blocked that bot yet. Maybe I ought to threaten these things more, see what their natural reaction is.

:093:

Top Bottom