• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
i feel bad for not knowing who this ankoku person is (if he's well known at tourneys and stuff, i'm sorry, i've never had the chance to go to a major tourney :() but i like him anyway. His title is the best thing ever.

Sorry about that Sonic Storm :( that must be awful. I'll be praying that the OK smash community recovers soon

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
this just in, BAM got bodied by ankoku at a tournament yesterday.

I thought he was good... apparently I was wrong.
LOL, so many things I want to say, but it might just ruin it.

Losing to me is the new "being bad at the game".
Stop giving me reasons to keep trying dammit! I just wanna **** people without even trying but everyone makes it so hard and makes me work for my wins why? ;_;

I guess I would qualify for that :(
You STFU dammit! We're gonna train you to kill your autopilot habits, or we'll die trying!!

Also namesearch/read this Kita, I want to know how much you still read this, if at all. I'll get you on AIM/tomorrow otherwise.

I've never toured the strip, since I've been here all my life. Kind of silly but at the same time eh. I hope I can fix that soon.

:093:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm getting past it little by little. It's motivated me to get my Sonic game to its best for Super Bit Wars so I can feel like I'm giving him the tournament hype and experience he wanted.

Although, I may quit Sonic for a little while to practice a Sheilda game. Day by day the prospect gets more alluring.

Tesh

Smash Hero
MGM ep 12. DAMMIT!!! Why does DK get the upgrade but not us. Ah well.

Life

Smash Hero
^Makes me wonder if there's a way to chain those together somehow.

We have iSDR tho so it's not like we should complain... (although it makes one wonder if there's a way to iSDR on ledges somehow, that would be broke)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh Thank @#$%ing God.

Inb4hefoundsomethingjustas,ifnotevenmoreannoyingtoreadwithouthighlighting.

:093:

infomon

Smash Scientist
MGM ep 12. DAMMIT!!! Why does DK get the upgrade but not us. Ah well.
^Makes me wonder if there's a way to chain those together somehow.

We have iSDR tho so it's not like we should complain... (although it makes one wonder if there's a way to iSDR on ledges somehow, that would be broke)
It's quite possible that Sonic *does* have this ability, but we'd have to be very frame-perfect. Does someone with brawl-hacks want to test this out?

1. What frame(s) exactly, after releasing side-B, is it invincible? We want Sonic to be aerial the frame before the invincibility, and grounded the frame with the invincibility. (I think -- ask the DK-hacker-ppl to establish that that's exactly what they're doing.)

2. Even then, it looks like DK's success depends on the precise momentum with which he's moving towards the stage. Note that DK's up-B acts as a "brake" -- on some particular frame, it completely sets his horizontal/vertical velocity without regard for any previous momentum he may have had . This is the same as Sonic's side-B! :)

3. However, our side-B sets very different values for that velocity when it's released. In particular, we start moving with some considerable horizontal velocity (this is at the very beginning of the "hop"). I'm not sure how this compares to DK's up-B; or if it's even relevant to the way we might need to perform this tech.

4. The moment we release the side-B (well, I guess starting on the very first frame that B is un-pressed, but I'm not sure), the control stick's horizontal component has a minor effect on the horizontal momentum of the spindash's "hop". That is, we can pull the hop back or push it forward, by a very modest amount. This might be relevant to finding the perfect momentum with which we want to "land" on the stage during our invincibility frame.

Life

Smash Hero
my invisible text > Tesh's invisible text

(don't worry, I'll change it back when I get fed up with not being able to read my own stuff)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nah, bro you are just copying me. Thats dime store invisible and I got the real deal.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
To accomplish the number one goal on the internet: to piss everyone else off and bask in the satisfaction that they can't do **** about it. Cut and dry concept.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I don't want to put anyone on ignore because what if they say something that can benefit me and I miss it?

Everything comes at a price.

BSP, you should try to make it to Super Bit Wars if you can.

BSP

Smash Legend
Well, I was just responding to the "can't do anything about it part" I agree with your view on ignore

I don't really find invisible text that annoying, unless I'm on a phone. Unless someone finds a way to make highlighting not work lol

I doubt I'd be able to, but it's alright. I'll settle with in-state until I get a little more freedom. YOU should try to come to Last V though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
A 9 hour trip will be hell to make; if I had realized it was that far away, I wouldn't have asked you to do the same thing. I doubt I can get the OK players to venture half a day to get to a tournament; most we've ever gone was 6 hours, lol.

Life

Smash Hero
I'm just doing it to troll Tesh, LOL. I'll be changing back eventually.

And Tesh, mine's the real invisible, yours is phony. For proof, go to the bottom left of your page and change the skin. Dare ya.

Top Bottom