• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Kuraudo's white.

Lacking azn Sonic's though.

edit: inb4cith

:phone:
You think a dude named Reggie Flores is asian?
cam, fizzie, are white.
tenki is asian right? hes in school for some kind of computer design, so i assume hes asian.

I forgot all about Trent, lol.

HOBO was fun, won a MM with C Spyker, and won a 5-game Sonic ditto against Tesh. I just had the misfortune to fight Razer second round.

Someone teach me how to camp so I can beat Samus.

tesh blows at this game.

lol sucks on the bracket ****.

lol at sonic losing to samus.

Play Sonic. Wait. Powershield. Run. Hit.

Profit.
it really is just this. sonic can literally run circles around samus and do whatever he wants. Its like fighting bowser, except you dont have to be scared to be in grab range.
I'm white too.
Okay but you're a canadian
better. and less racist.
Wait, Tesh ISN'T white? Excuse me, I have to rethink life.
something like this.
I'm black and yellow.
I know theres a reason i liked you.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm seeing more white Sonics now. Though it doesn't really matter what shade of brown you are on the outside, as long as you stay blue on the inside.

Storm, I wanna see your entire set with Xyro. I don't know if I saved my set with him(if i did, it was on his wii, along with my set with razer). I also wanna see your set with Razer, he messed me up pretty bad.

@ Kuraudo, you don't really have to shield Samus projectiles. Thats what Samus wants, especially considering all of the mixups (however weak they may be) coming from a lagless projectile. To put it simply, Samus (just like Zamus) can't do ANYTHING worth while on the ground, but once she jumps she leaves a blind spot wide open (and her air game can't kill like EVER). Spindashing deals with anything she can shoot at you as long as you don't let her fully charge her shots. I honestly find this to be an even easier matchup than Ganon/Falcon/Puff because Sonic destroys the ONLY things Samus has going for her.

Yea but Houston is tough. You could run into a competent player of ANY matchup so you have to be ready. I used to feel like running into a pro in bracket was "bracket ****" like google is saying, but we have so many tough players at these events. With Razer, Trela, Dphat, Bassem, Infinity and Illmatic, all there you pretty much HAVE to run into a pro really early. This was actually a much EASIER tournament because some really tough players didn't show up/enter. Like Gnes. There are definitely better players than us that got tougher brackets I'm sure.

In any case, we just have to keep improving until we can win our way through ANY bracket.

@ our money match, i have johns because the sun was in my eyes and then the moon was in my eyes and then the TV/texture was in my eyes and my foot fell asleep. I will upload our matches tonight I think.

KID probably would have just switched to Falco/Fox after his Sonic loses to a Samus though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I thought I had left my SD Card with my luggage until I checked my pockets after my matches with Xyro. I don't have any of the matches saved. My first match with Razer was a 2-stock though, and the second match left him at last stock at 100%. I'm certain he was sandbagging that match though, he blew himself up with C4 on his second stock, lol

I just had an issue getting in when Samus was under a platform. Uair ***** hard. I should have banned BF, but Brinstar is my auto-ban stage for everyone that's not Pikachu.

I did want to play Razer though; just not in the second round. I'd have much rather liked to have played Denti instead.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Xaltis merely uses Sonic... He used em like 2 or 3 times against scrubs at CEO

and he played mostly MK -____-

:sonic:

I'm black

TruBlu is asain

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Mm. Trent too.

... heeey, Amy's back! Simple but cool pic.

[EDIT]

.... you've got almost the exact same blue font as me. LOL
I couldn't find a decent
furry
picture.

My blue is better :grimahshine:

I don't know, must've been someone else. My mistake then.

hes in school for some kind of computer design, so i assume hes asian.
...lol

Who is whiter, the British, or the French?
I'd say British.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tesh vs SStorm only took 32 minutes + counterpicking/bans.

I am shamed.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Do you guys play Sonic on RC vs MK?
Yes, its preferable to Brinstar imo as you can use the stage against him if you get the lead. Also iSDR camping on the boat is... good for stalling out time. Imo vs mk its better than going to Frigate or Brinstar as they give very little space.
I have. It's not as horrid for Sonic as it is for a lot of other characters. Plus I think __X__ beat M2K there iirc.
fixed

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Huh... having worked with Frame-advance so much, I can actually see the few spots this can be improved on, if only by a few milliseconds.

Still, it's one thing to notice, and another thing to execute. Very nice.

Sonic Boom in Los Angeles next week. Kinzer and Jerry should take pictures and get info on Generations.
Welp...

I'd go and say why I didn't but there are many reasons, and it's too late now...

I'm not the only one who remembered!

also today is my birthday! yay for cake
Aww, sorry I couldn't have said it then, but happy (belated) birthday.

you cant quit a forum, bro
Oh how true.

Hey folks, i think about comming back soon.
Still around? Long time no see, how have you been?

I haven't seen the video, but I approve of this video.

:093:
This is moreorless what I would've said too.

Gentlemen: The reason the Sonic franchise still exists
I chuckled good with Infzy and the following gave me another good laugh.

I'll take a potato chip...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12882643#post12882643

Watch Tesh and Sonic Storm at HOBO 32 guys. I won't be going all Sonic this time strictly, but if I wind up on livestream for any of my matches it might turn out that way.
... I really shouldn't be out for whole weeks/months, what I a shame I had to miss this.

I forgot all about Trent, lol.

HOBO was fun, won a MM with C Spyker, and won a 5-game Sonic ditto against Tesh. I just had the misfortune to fight Razer second round.

Someone teach me how to camp so I can beat Samus.

... You consider fighting a Snake a misfortune, but have no problem with a 5-game Sonic ditto...?

LOL! Chris finally got his own wii

now he has no john
Until the-

Nevermind, that'd be just too distasteful on my part. I wonder how often he'll actually use it.

I'm black and yellow.
... If only I had the image immediately ready at hand. I may come back and edit this once I found it, I have the urge.

cam, fizzie, are white.
tenki is asian right? hes in school for some kind of computer design, so i assume hes asian.

it really is just this. sonic can literally run circles around samus and do whatever he wants. Its like fighting bowser, except you dont have to be scared to be in grab range.
Pinoy.

Also, Samus' grab range is greater than Bowser's. :troll:

Anyway do yourself a favor and just make your entire post font that color so I don't have to erase the tags myself? Unless I am not remembering this correctly and they made it so that the forum automatically puts them in for you now.

Technically, I have a large percentage of Native American in my blood as well. :)
What tribe? My great grandmother whether either Aztec or Mayan, I can't remember which ATM.

I'm human, we need more elven and dwarven Sonics tho
More cows!

Oh God with every passing day I only further assure myself I'm a furry. ._.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I've realized that Brinstar is by far the worst against MK lol

__X__ beat M2K on RC? I gotta step my game up. And then after that, actually go somewhere.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Norman, Oklahoma is holding tournaments at the end of every month. You should see if you can get there at one point, BSP.

Unless the distance is just too great, lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
^^^epic

Once I get into college, I will try to travel more. Until then, I'll keep practicing with my local buddies, since I still have a ways to go anyway.

Some of you guys should try to make it to last V.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
^^^epic

Once I get into college, I will try to travel more. Until then, I'll keep practicing with my local buddies, since I still have a ways to go anyway.

Some of you guys should try to make it to last V.
Are you traveling abroad or how are you able to manage something like this?

I know that once I start I'm not going anywhere; except the gym.

BSP

Smash Legend
IDK, I'll make it happen. I'm sure I'll be able to find rides. Ride + More freedom = success; or at least i hope it does lol

And it depends on where I go too. We'll see.

ALSO, SONIC GENERATIONS DEMO TOMORROW!?!!?!?!?!?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You get to go to hella stuff when you go to college.

Because you dont have to tell anyone where youre going, you just have to get there. I went to a ton of yugioh tourneys while i was in school, just because i didnt have to tell my parents where i was going and i had the means to get there.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, I saw that demo awhile back.
I'm gonna be the best Applejack there ever was.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
I know it's an hour early (pdt), but I might be busy tomorrow to post this so I have to say this...

*inhale breathe*

Happy on this day that a video game company named Service Games, better known as SEGA, needed a character that could dethrone their rivals who had a red plumber as their main mascot, so after a few choices of different type of animals SEGA decided to go with a blue hedgehog with the red shoes that suppose to resembles the king of pop's red shoes who can run at really high speed was created along with a mad scientist who looks like an egg who wants to take over the world by turning little animals into robots and the blue hedgehog save them, then over time he has new friends along his adventure including a fox with two tails that can fly, an hot headed echidna, and another hedgehog that is pink who chases him around to marry him during the next 18 years and he has a few cartoon shows during his time which 3 of them were voiced by the same actor who plays a nerd that is very clumsy and wears overalls; however during the past few years the hedgehog been having some problems including a few bad games especially during his 15th anniversary, but hopefully for his 20th anniversary we will have a very good game and break the infamous cycle that he's been going through for the past few years, but hopefully this year will be his best year and hope to many more good years to come day.

aka...Happy 20th Anniversary Sonic the Hedgehog

*passes out*

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'll be waiting for the 25th year, where the popular opinion will be that the Dreamcast gameplay defined Sonic as a whole, and not the 4th iteration of Sonic that succeeded the Unleashed/Rush-styled Sonic, and so SEGA will try to appease everyone by making a crossover with those two Sonics.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Generations demo is out on the UK PSN network, and just a few hours later, the music has been ripped out. And yes, the title theme is a remix of the genesis Sonic theme as heard in the Sonic 1 and 2 credits. Awesome.

There seem to be a few imperfections, like every other game has, but I don't see them being too much of a dealbreaker. The level design seems catered to the adjusted gameplay. Spindash is still plenty fast and simple to exploit though.

Top Bottom