• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah, 15th was an exaggeration.

It's more like the 13th.

Yeah, the Namek Saga is pretty much my favorite saga. So much strategy and twists and turns involved, unlike the other sagas where its "HERP DERP, NEW VILLIAN, GOTTA DO ALL I CAN TO WIN"

It also helps that Dragonball Abridged is currently doing the Ginyu Force episodes atm.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
DBZ on the 3DS would be amazing btw. Flying at high speeds, distant objects closing in fast, dodging beam attacks which fly right into your face. All in 3D.

Anyways, I picked up SSF4 3D. It's alright. The 3D window is narrow as hell but it's easy to keep it there. And yes, the 3D is the sex. Maining Cammy and Juri atm.

(goes back into hiding)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's not even fair, the 2008 clips were so hard to follow, the effects certainly didn't help, every clip involving Ike and Donkey Bong was free, and there was even one clip where all he did was just roll from Bowser's failed grab-release follow-up. What was that especially suppose to demonstrate? :confused:

All I learned was that videos like that are going to be a combination of showcase and comedic relief; because I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh at some of these clips. :c

I'm not even sure if it's fair to point out how the opponents sometimes made poor decisions and messed up some inputs.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I guess thats the trouble with 2008 clips. You wind up with alot of stuff that looks laughably bad now. If we did one for Sonic, I'm sure we would have alot of overhyped upthrow-uair combos and dthrow tech chasing.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yes, but at the very least make it easy on the eyes. :mad:

All I'm saying is to find legitimate clips. I'm also not saying that this guy may or may not have used some Wi-Fi clips or clips against some newbies, but try and find clips that might've been actual hard-work that got paid off.

... Or just throw in OS Vs. Shugo and call it a day.

But seriously, please no visual effects, and be sure to demonstrate everything; and put emphasis on the comparisons metagame of the past to what's current right now.

D1AOS I'm sure has some clips out there from P5 and I believe this latest tourney in MD/VA(?).

You also some of Espy's videos; should you go further back and include more of Espy and Company you have videos from the MLGs and WHOBO3.

Definitely shouldn't forget the more obscure clips of our lesser known players like Kuraudo, Goggles, (myself?), et cetera against some of the nation's/region's well-known/respected/top players. Maybe not even, because sometimes you have underdogs/unsung heroes who are very good/display a mastery of overall gameplay or the Sonic MU in specific but don't get exposed all too much.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Me and the Oklahoma Brawlers were thinking of making a combo video of all of us. We'd title it "Oklahoma has a Smash Scene?"

But there's only like 7 of us, so it would be an awful lot of Falco, Game and Watch, Sonic, DDD, Metaknight, and Wario, lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Or we could just make a regular "current metagame" combo video and sandwich it between stolen 08-09 combo video clips and a cop out "future" ending.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Excuse me?

To make any mention of the future, we have to go back in time?

I don't quite follow you on that last post.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Kinzer, it helps that Bassem uses Snake and Lucario too, so we pretty much have the metagame here; all I'm missing is a Diddy and an Olimar and a Pikachu (I remembered that there is an ICs player and a Marth player that shows up time to time), and I've got my own little high-tier squad to practice against, lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... We have an absurd amount of Falco/space animal players in Las Vegas.

... and I still dont' have the MU(s) down.

FML.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Twas my original concept for the video.

Sonic CD themed, Past, Present and Future.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well thanks to Nike there's some videos uploaded already for me if needed be.

I have a lot of replays that could come up for you guys, but I'd hafta take the time to sit down (buy a new wiimote lol) and record from my Wii and upload them.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You can't start up your wii? Wow that sucks.

I didn't know you hadn't gotten your wiimote back during WHOBO. I would have given you mine, as I won't need it anymore (unless you play with wiichuk, I can't remember).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I don't play with Wiichuck, no. The wiimote got stolen. Most logical thing that someone took it to boot up another one via sync, left it at another station, and bullish occurs from there.

I'd been meaning to get a new Wii Remote anyway with the motion plus built in anyway. Alas.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
... We have an absurd amount of Falco/space animal players in Las Vegas.

... and I still dont' have the MU(s) down.
Typ_Ex's Falco 2-stocks me consistently when we have Smashfests, it's pretty bad lol.

He doesn't use Lasers at all, he'd much prefer to just walk around and get that grab, use Fsmash shenanigans, and use BDacus like he's used it for years. It's a mess of a matchup. I'm terrified to take him to Battlefield.

His style works though, since he did get 17th at MLG Dallas. So because it works, it's helping me out playing against it and finding chinks in that wall and fighting it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how the hell does falco get the grab without forcing you into it with lasers? that just means you need to space better or something.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Powershielding, spotdodging, Nair, pivot grabbing when I think I have enough of a window to punish, grabbing when I try to grab, etc.

It's not like he doesn't use Laser setups along with it, but it's really hard to go 8 minutes without Falco grabbing you with or w/o them.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't play with Wiichuck, no. The wiimote got stolen. Most logical thing that someone took it to boot up another one via sync, left it at another station, and bullish occurs from there.

I'd been meaning to get a new Wii Remote anyway with the motion plus built in anyway. Alas.
Probably was straight up stolen. It wasn't the only thing I know of that was taken and never given back. Kind of lame to have to deal with random people WEARING MASKS wandering into the room and possibly stealing things. "where did my wiimote go!!?" "oh the guy dressed as naruto took it" .

If things had just been moved around and lost, someone would have come forward by now saying "oh wow I had an extra wiimote, backpack, wii when I left the venue.". Hide ya kids, hide ya wii!!

Also screw you Wedge, I don't count? WIICHUCK MONEY MATCH. IF I WIN I GET YOUR NUNCHUCK!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well im not saying your going to go a whole match with out getting grabbed. but the only way falco gets the grab at chaingrab percents, with out lasers requires the opponent to be approaching, recklessly, while simultaneous having pretty bad spacing.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic doesn't have a projectile, and while he won't particularly use lasers often, if it means getting the lead, he'll use them, and then just wait around as soon as a few hit. From there it's him walking around, not dashing, while I'm waiting for the perfect moment to get in, hoping against hope that I space perfectly, get him by surprise so that he won't spotdodge, and give enough hitstun with the move so that he can't just grab me afterward, all at once.

That reminds me though, does Falco's d-throw combo into BDacus at high percents? Alongside Fsmash it's Typ's kill move of choice, and he gets it fairly consistently; I think I've died to that at 130% more than once. I dunno if it's just bad DI on my part, but I'm skeptic.

Also lol @ the new skin.

Top Bottom