• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
This new skin really highlights how we have like 8 stickies and 1 other active thread. Why is a sticky represented by something pointy?

D

Deleted member

I really like the new skin. Bright and colorful.

The backroom portals are a nice touch as well.

infomon

Smash Scientist
wth they do to my smashboards AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG

someone watched too much ****in ponies >.<

no actually I don't mind the splash of colour; the problem is that all the fonts are too small relative to all the space and colour that is TOO HUGE. Now I have to keep the window super-maximized, and even then...... grrrrf.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
http://www.sonicparadise.net/2011/04/sega-registra-sonic-generationscom.html

A rough translation:

Sega have just registered the domain Sonic-Generations.com (and SonicGenerations.com ) through the intermediary company EuroDNS SA ., which was responsible for registering web domains Anarchy Reigns and Sonic 4 for SEGA. It seems that we are dealing with the expected and many times we have talked here about it, Sonic Anniversary , with a name change ahead of its official announcement.

Please note that, as exclusively announced here in Paradise Sonic , it would be the hotly anticipated game of the 20 th anniversary of our beloved hedgehog, which would review the history of remakes itself through the highest levels of the franchise following the successful formula 2D and 3D adopted in Sonic Unleashed and the recent Sonic Colors .
Seems like SEGA will officially announce it this Thursday, according to their Facebook page. So hype.

New skin is nice, but the large tab at the top is kinds of distracting.

Life

Smash Hero
So did everyone see GIMR's new video? It's about what happens when you push someone off the ledge and they fall down (edge slip). Turns out certain characters can't tech depending on how high the platform is. Check the Metagame Minute thread for details.

How this applies to Sonic:
1. For Sonic, edge slip cannot be escaped on Stadium neutral platforms and Battlefield side platforms. This means that characters who can abuse edge slip can do evil things to us on those two/three (PS2 platforms, same height as PS1's or no?) stages.
2. HOWEVER: Sonic himself can abuse the mechanic to get jab locks. Vulnerable character above you on BF side platform? Bair his shield, weak-hit Nair when he hits the ground (most edge slips are >20 frames before counting ground-hit animation) and jab. Possibly a great kill setup as well, since it works at all percents.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like counterpicking Dedede to Battlefield for the very reason GIMR made that video.

Edge Slide > Jab Lock > Pivot Grab on the far right edge > Dthrow.
Best part is that it isn't really that hard to get Dedede above you. A simple uthrow will suffice.

It's a beautiful thing.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@KID: No we did not. We should simply just research it. Shouldn't take more than a few hours. A day or two if you wanna be thorough.

@Browny: I'd LOVE to sit and watch Animals of Farthing Wood all day, but I've been having a terrible past 6 weeks. Lots of nonsense in my life went wrong. On top of everything that's been going wrong in the last six weeks, my car broke down, and because of my MLG Check last November, I actually need to GIVE money for my tax return. I'm losing out on 1K because of those two problems alone, and that's a huge deal if you're a full time student without a legitimate job (work study doesn't count, since that cash goes to my school balance). I've also almost died twice in the last month as well. Almost had a car accident coming back from WHOBO3, and just this weekend I almost had a false proscenium crash down on me. It's been a very terrible, terrible time to be me.

In any case, it doesn't look like I'm going out of state for...well...pretty much anything for a large, large, large stretch of time.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Normally, I'm the cosmic chew toy; but since hanging with my ex-roommate, I've acquired his ultra bad luck. Every little thing that could ruin my day has happened in the past 2 weeks. I've had to replace 4-5 busted bearings in my wheels for my skateboard within a 3 day span. One of the kingpins broke in my trucks. I've rolled my ankle several times. Jammed my wrist. My iPod has died on me twice before my shift at work started. I somehow got an overdraft on my account despite 1. Having $.62 in my bank account and 2. Not using my card in over 2 weeks and I just narrowly avoided my homeless crisis I've been facing this past week.

FYI God doesn't exist.

afk

Tesh

Smash Hero
The life of a mid tier main is difficult at times.

Good thing I main Metaknight.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@IC: Getting better is the only option.
@Excel: Perhaps you got the overdraft because you require a certain amount to stay in the bank? At my bank, you're required to have a $5 minimum in your account. Perhaps it's the same?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I bank at Capital one. Used to be Chevy Chase, but Capital one bought them out or something like that.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Well the ones in Maryland are Capital ones now.

Also, saw Espy vs Megafox and saw him use Fh Bair>Sh Bair. Copying me I see =).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
nobody cares gull.

@espy.
you didnt know they were going ot tax your mlg money? your supposed to put some of it aside for that...

also, what the hell is a proscenium?

besides that, two almosts doesnt = bad time/bad luck. Thats actually a good thing that you ALMOST died as opposed to ACTUALLY dying. try not to be so 'glass half empty'

same goes for you excel. you need to stop whining about everything youve been dealing with and show some appreciation for the fact that your actually going to have some where to live.

Im barely skating by on somethings in my life too, but you dont see me acting all negative and down in the dumps because things were close to or almost happened, you have to be appreciative for all the things you do get and all the bad things that dont happen. Instead of dwelling on the lack of good things or the close calls you have, try focusing on the bad things that could have happened but didnt and how you are better off because of it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No, I knew, KID. I just underestimated the amount I'd have to pay.

Also, this is a false proscenium:

Imagine that, but three times as thick, and falling over you.

Also, it's not so much that the near-death thing is getting to me, I can assure you it's not. The problem is that a ton of negative things have been happening in sequence. It only inflates the severity of my situation at the moment.

Like, I wouldn't give two damns about the proscenium incident because it was an accident. The car crash is much less so, but we got out of it without a single scratch on our bodies or on the car, so no harm, no foul.

Again, the issue is that a series of unfortunate events have befallen me, and the pressure and frustration is just getting to me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well, something that big falling on you and not doing any lasting damage, right after having a situation with your car that could have been fatal to your car and the people in it, yet nobody and nothing was hurt, seems like a series of FORTUNATE events to me...

that the kind of paradigm shift im talking about. the car dying thing tho, yea that blows. my car died over the winter, it was rough...

but to add one more small thing to your series of fortunate events, when i typed out fortunate in all caps in the first paragraph, I typed FURTU-- before i stopped and fixed it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
KID, you've been a furry for as long as I've known you. Relax and just accept it already.

And as for everything else, just don't worry about it. I can handle it. I'm just trying to blow off some steam.
To be honest, I can't stand that mode of thinking.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im trying to help you feel better, but there is no possible pain you could suffer, that would make me feel bad enough to tell you that I am a furry. Its not true and its never going to happen ever.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That comma after 'suffer' threw me for a hard loop on my first glance at it.
C'mon man, proofread!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im super nice to my friends.

its just that theres not enough tough love in the world, so people arent used to it.

everyone just assumes im being a douche for the sake of being a douche, but if you ever talk to kinzer or speed about it, theyll tell you whats really good.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That really doesn't explain Pound V.

And tough love is just another way of showing one's stubbornness.
At least, that's the way I've seen it.

Besides, nothing justifies being a douche. Absolutely nothing.

Trent

Smash Champion
It sucks when life gets stressful, Espy. Just gotta shrug it off and live life to the fullest. FO' REAL.

Btw hai guiz.

Life

Smash Hero
There's tons of tough love coming from me in the majority of posts I make, but he just can't see it cuz he has me blocked due to the fact that he couldn't tolerate any of said tough love hiimself.
Posting so KID can see this. IDK why, lulz I guess.

The thing about "tough love" is that you have to know when to lay off on it. I can take it because I understand that, while you come off jerkishly, you ARE trying to help. Not everyone will react that way.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
It sucks when life gets stressful, Espy. Just gotta shrug it off and live life to the fullest. FO' REAL.
^ this

Don't just enjoy the things you're doing, take a little time out to do things you enjoy. That'll set you in the right direction.

Top Bottom