• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Browny

Smash Hater
If anyone here plans on spending a day @ alcatraz before or after genesis please let me know asap, it makes things cheaper and easier for everyone and would help me a ton in making my itinerary and even in worst case scenario, the trip would still go ahead while the other, more likely scenario is that everyone saves money and time :o

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
That really doesn't explain Pound V.

And tough love is just another way of showing one's stubbornness.
At least, that's the way I've seen it.

Besides, nothing justifies being a douche. Absolutely nothing.
1. I was just really upset at the time cause people were being huge trolls and disrespecting me for no reason. If you want to base your entire perception of me on 1 or 2 comments, i made when I was upset for a day, after youve known me for 3 years now... than i guess thats your perogative. I could see how somebody like nakat would do that, since he doesnt know me nearly as well. but I would expect better from you.
2. I dont understand how you can look at speed a year and a half ago, look at him now, and tell me that tough love doesnt work.
3. Theres actually plenty of things that justify being a douche to somebody.

Posting so KID can see this. IDK why, lulz I guess.

The thing about "tough love" is that you have to know when to lay off on it. I can take it because I understand that, while you come off jerkishly, you ARE trying to help. Not everyone will react that way.
@ the wedge comment. i suffered through your terrible posts for a really long time, and the spindash footstool thing was the only worthwhile thing you ever said, and you knew it was yourself because you wouldnt shut up about it after you found out that it worked. theres a difference between tough love, like when I said people need to stop coddling speed, or when I talk to kinzer about his situation with his parents, and just flat out trolling and disrespect which is what you do. Ive even tried t help you at times and all you give me in return is disrespect. And I dont need to take that from a child.

anyone that has a problem with how i speak to people needs to start paying more attention to what im saying and not how I say it. I give everyone fair chance to prove their worth. I deemed after a while that the stuff that tesh and wedge say are not worth reading. so I ignore them. Just because you dont like the attitude I post in, I dont think anybody can deny that most of the stuff that I say is worth reading, whether its about how to improve as a player, improving a certain sonic mix up or move, or even progressing as a person. if you dont want to listen to me because you dont like my attitude, thats fine, I cant force you, just like I cant be forced to listen to people i dont think are worth listening to. but make sure you have your facts straight and arent making decisions based on incorrect premises

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think K.I.D. truly believes that most of what he says is important and insightful. Its actually a little sad. He felt bad because he thought he deserved respect and thought he was being cheated when he didn't get it. Its no wonder he lashed out at people. All just a big misunderstanding.

Group hug?

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I don't remember this spindash footstool thing that you're saying I supposedly wouldn't shut up about.
Does anyone remember this besides kid?
I would pay attention to what goggles says and deem it worthwhile to read if he gave me a reason to do so. You wouldn't shut up about how I was bad and shouldn't have lost to chibo and that you would totally beat him if you played him in a serious match (your logic behind that being the fact that you beat him in a friendly at MLG). And you went on about what to do against rob. And then got 2-0'd. Why would anyone take advice on the rob matchup from someone who got wrecked by chibo?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1. I was just really upset at the time cause people were being huge trolls and disrespecting me for no reason. If you want to base your entire perception of me on 1 or 2 comments, i made when I was upset for a day, after youve known me for 3 years now... than i guess thats your perogative. I could see how somebody like nakat would do that, since he doesnt know me nearly as well. but I would expect better from you.
2. I dont understand how you can look at speed a year and a half ago, look at him now, and tell me that tough love doesnt work.
3. Theres actually plenty of things that justify being a douche to somebody.
1) Fair enough, but it was still wrong. And don't be ridiculous, it takes more than one single thing for someone to make an accurate judgment. All Pound V did was emphasize how arrogant, obnoxious, and insensitive you can be.
2) You weren't the only one talking to Speed. Stop trying to put yourself in the spotlight. You don't get 100% of the credit.
3) No. There's not. There is never a situation where it is just to treat another person with disrespect. There's a difference between being critical, and being condescending.

=====

That new trailer looks awesome. Is that Green Hill Zone in the winter time, or something?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
In the winter time or the color is missing.

Is this the rumored "Sonic Generations" game I read about when I saw this FB post on my phone?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If it was a Winter-themed GHZ, the entire place would be icy, and there would be little point to include Classic Sonic in it.

Similar to how the movies do it, it's likely just a representation of how much time has passed and how long Sonic has lived. Hence Classic Sonic's inclusion: It's a callback to how it all started and what is happening now.

Fair chance this is "Sonic Generations;" the name fits at any rate, as it is catering to both the Modern and Classic generation of fans.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Can we all just stop the fighting T_T and agree that i am in fact the best sonic? i mean espy sonic speed kid tesh/ everyone else here has the results over me, but i get pretty far into tournaments when i get a pair of byes, and I occasionally will win a set, and i don't need help from you guys at all.

florida is hard man. :(

plz help.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Can we all just stop the fighting T_T and agree that i am in fact the best sonic? i mean espy sonic speed kid tesh/ everyone else here has the results over me, but i get pretty far into tournaments when i get a pair of byes, and I occasionally will win a set, and i don't need help from you guys at all.

florida is hard man.
:(

plz help.

Sorry for winning so much dice.
I'll try to cut it down. Go to Garbs tonight. I'll pick you up....

I'm trying to become familiar with as many Socials as i can. Smashboards is the new FB. So, is it true most Sonic's are Furrys?

Also, i toy around with sonic alot. He's mad fun. I have a hard time reading DI's on spindash though :-\

_Dice

Smash Ace

Sorry for winning so much dice.
I'll try to cut it down. Go to Garbs tonight. I'll pick you up....

I'm trying to become familiar with as many Socials as i can. Smashboards is the new FB. So, is it true most Sonic's are Furrys?

Also, i toy around with sonic alot. He's mad fun. I have a hard time reading DI's on spindash though :-\
I knew this would happen.

i knew it the second i hit post in the puff board.

But seriously Sonics, i need help vs the random matchups, i can play well vs snake, metaknight, diddy ect but like mid tier and low tier give me crazy trouble.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I knew this would happen.

i knew it the second i hit post in the puff board.

But seriously Sonics, i need help vs the random matchups, i can play well vs snake, metaknight, diddy ect but like mid tier and low tier give me crazy trouble.

Seriously though. I can give you ZSS and jiggly work tonight.
I wasn't 100% troll. That was like, 65% troll.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1) Fair enough, but it was still wrong. And don't be ridiculous, it takes more than one single thing for someone to make an accurate judgment. All Pound V did was emphasize how arrogant, obnoxious, and insensitive you can be.
2) You weren't the only one talking to Speed. Stop trying to put yourself in the spotlight. You don't get 100% of the credit.
3) No. There's not. There is never a situation where it is just to treat another person with disrespect. There's a difference between being critical, and being condescending.

=====

That new trailer looks awesome. Is that Green Hill Zone in the winter time, or something?
1. As long as you understand that theres a difference between 'can be' and 'consistently are'.
2. I never said I do. All I said is that my methods work. Anddont come at me about 'trying to put yourself in the spotlight' Mr. Sonic-Sucks-But-I-still-beat-everyone-with-him...
3. *insert obligatory Hitler comment here*

KID is probably the furriest of us all, Mink.

ha ha ha... no.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Spare me the second point, KID.
I praise Sonic all the goddamn time. I mean, if you were in the BBR, you'd see it.

It's the same situation that I was talking about with Tesh (you wouldn't know since you bothered to put him on ignore). I don't really need to discuss things. There's no obligation to do so.

Besides, I simply answer what is asked. When's the last time someone asked me, "Hey Espy, what's GOOD about Sonic?"
I can tell you right now, I'm almost never asked that at all.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Hey Espy, what's good about Sonic?

Or rather, what's so good about his so-called gimp game? I'm probably doing something wrong, but all of my kills come from outright killing and not from offstage shenanigans. I'll get Fair and Dair edgeguard kills once a moon, but I feel I could be doing offstage stuff better.

Although, last night I managed to get an Edge-Slip -> Jab -> Charged Fsmash on Bassem's Snake. It felt so easy to do it, I was surprised.

Life

Smash Hero
Espy, I've been meaning to ask you this for a little while, but in your estimation is there anybody who is NOT a furry? Srsly.

(Also, what's good about Sonic?)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Spare me the second point, KID.
I praise Sonic all the goddamn time. I mean, if you were in the BBR, you'd see it.

It's the same situation that I was talking about with Tesh (you wouldn't know since you bothered to put him on ignore). I don't really need to discuss things. There's no obligation to do so.

Besides, I simply answer what is asked. When's the last time someone asked me, "Hey Espy, what's GOOD about Sonic?"
I can tell you right now, I'm almost never asked that at all.
1. pffffttt.
2. I dont see him but I definitely see and remember your posts on that topic.
3. People like to feel like they know things, so its very rare that youll see somebody admit that they dont know something to ask a question like that. a lot of times those things are brought up, its in an indirect manner. but it does come up from time to time.

and since you say that, Ill give you something.

Ice Climbers. What does sonic legitimately have over them. And what do you think of my style (forcing them to make mistakes through blatent pressure and aggression) compared to iyo, the optimal way to play the matchup. be specific and point out as many individual situations as you like.

Hey Espy, what's good about Sonic?

Or rather, what's so good about his so-called gimp game? I'm probably doing something wrong, but all of my kills come from outright killing and not from offstage shenanigans. I'll get Fair and Dair edgeguard kills once a moon, but I feel I could be doing offstage stuff better.

Although, last night I managed to get an Edge-Slip -> Jab -> Charged Fsmash on Bassem's Snake. It felt so easy to do it, I was surprised.
sonics gimp game is very character dependant. some characters he benefits from playing agressively offstage, and others he gets more from playing more reactionary.
if you want to improve your gimp game, the first thing you should practice, is when the opponent is high offstage, jumping out to him, feigning an attack, and when they airdodge, fast fall, jump back up and space a bair or nair. thats the most consistent way imo to pressure people offstage. pretty much everythign else is character dependant and situational.

also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dywO7pmHhDY

how were you not around for this.
we should have an archive for random useful info and vids like that that dont fit into any of our other threads.

Browny

Smash Hater
Is everyone here intetested in anthropomorphic character(s)? Yes

Do everyone identify themselves as liking arthro character(s)? No

That is all :)

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Uh...if I may intervene? I matured due to many circumstances...now that is all. I haven't been playing brawl lately because MvC3, SSF4 AE now that Evil Ryu is gonna be playable and practicing for MK9. I gotta get on it sometime. :L

I'm not a furry. Dont listen to Espy, Kupo, whoever else says so.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dywO7pmHhDY

how were you not around for this.

That was made 2 months after I joined here. Typically when I first join a forum I just survey and stay in the background. I don't like to post a lot in fear of making a fool of myself lol. So I never came across that.

Also, someone linked me this a while ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcgGT7-PNz4&feature=player_embedded

Can we do the same thing with Sonic's ftilt? That would be great to utilize at low percent.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
nobody cares gull.

@espy.
you didnt know they were going ot tax your mlg money? your supposed to put some of it aside for that...

also, what the hell is a proscenium?

besides that, two almosts doesnt = bad time/bad luck. Thats actually a good thing that you ALMOST died as opposed to ACTUALLY dying. try not to be so 'glass half empty'

same goes for you excel. you need to stop whining about everything youve been dealing with and show some appreciation for the fact that your actually going to have some where to live.

Im barely skating by on somethings in my life too, but you dont see me acting all negative and down in the dumps because things were close to or almost happened, you have to be appreciative for all the things you do get and all the bad things that dont happen. Instead of dwelling on the lack of good things or the close calls you have, try focusing on the bad things that could have happened but didnt and how you are better off because of it.
I'm a realist. Glass half-empty is the real way to look at things. That half-full **** is nothing but forced optimism.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm a realist. Glass half-empty is the real way to look at things. That half-full **** is nothing but forced optimism.

unless you always have awesome things happen to you. like being a cool guy, and being friends with that ripple kid (pretty cool guy also)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oreo, if you want to be real, you should consider the whole picture. The glass is half empty AND half full. Sure things in life could always be worse, but changing your perspective alone won't make your life better.

Also look at how sakurai ruined a perfectly almost decent combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V31T4nILQI&t=5m27s.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tripping is already playable in Brawl though, goes even with MK I hear.

Life

Smash Hero
Why are you staying on the ground with Jigglypuff?

EDIT:
Brawl confirmed for Smash Nation 2. Looks like my Sonic might see the light of day after all.

Life

Smash Hero
That's not how you play Jiggs. With Jiggs, you don't even try to get kills. If they happen, cool, but don't sweat them. (Kinda like Sonic.)

I'm so aloooooooone :urg:

Top Bottom