• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
In any case, I'm the mod around here now, so if you guys need any help with merging posts or any of that kinda mod magic, just give me a shout.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
first thing I see coming into this thread is Tesh's pic

why would anyone do that

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'll bring this up now.

Community Guide.

Do something about speeding up progress.

I wouldn't mind getting misc frame-data real soon, + some other things I should probably get, like Uair1 crap.

That goes for either Espy or Bio, since his post for whatever reason just popped up as I was typing this.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sorry Kinzer but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL TESH GET EM.

Sad times, when n****s approve of combo creation abominations.

What was it about the community guide that you wanted, Kinzer?
Haven't you noticed that we haven't done anything with it since Chis *apparently* retired/in a long while? I would very much like to move on to the next phase, whatever that is.

Or Hell, if nobody cares, I could take charge of the project. Though I have a bad feeling it would die with my luck, but at the very least I would like to move forward/finish the guide sometime by the end of this year. Since you can do that kind of stuff now how about it; what should we/I go over next?

Also, you should get on AIM if you can.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just took a closer look at the thread. I'll see if I can do something after this weekend is all said and done.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The weekend is fine. I'm not exactly sure what's next on the (possible) agenda anyway. Most, if not all of Sonic's moveset has been covered (and things like get-up attacks are too insignificant to warrant their own discussion IMO); 'less people would like to go over all of that in one whole bunch. My job either way will be to work on Uair1 frame dis/advantage, gather any data that is left unmentioned (Spot/rolldodge, get-up, ledgeroll, etc.), and possibly going over some of the numbers again to make sure they're 100% accurate. I'm confident in my numbers but it can't hurt to double, if not triple-check

Suggestions such as "recovering w/ Sonic," "Mix-up games w/ Sonic," and other abstract things that pertain to the metagame/things to push the beginner to go pro. I'd like to go over some of those things now since the moveset seems 85% finished at this rate.

I want to avoid things like recovering from a loss, dealing with pressure, since it's those sort of things that don't necessarily pertain to Sonic and should be covered later/in a different section. I should start looking at other guides for... guidelines/ideas/inspirations/suggestions. Chis might've already left a nice guideline to follow, but anything else to add good substance would be appreciated I assume.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Woot!

Another time-capsule image!

Anybody else remember this?

This was KC's Xat doodle of Sonic.

... Granted, either I didn't save the finished version, or he never did get the opportunity to do so.

... I took the liberty of using a different shade of blue for his skin, a different shade of green for his eyes (though in the end I'm not satisfied with the way the eyes turned out), and touching up on some empty spots/outlines that might've been too big or small.

Awesome~! Makes me miss the old days.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV

*Sniff.*

This is why I tell Jerry combining franchises; like Sonic + MLP, never work out.

What? I like combine two franchises together like Sonic and Link.

(and yes that is my drawing...)
How do you think I chose my game name? I probably won't go that far with MLP though...but one cross over I found was a bit extreme...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You didn't see anything!

What? I like combine two franchises together like Sonic and Link.
How do you think I chose my game name? I probably won't go that far with MLP though...but one cross over I found was a bit extreme...
And that's your problem, different franchises are to be left alone! :X

... Also, nobody be a smartass with me and tell me how I'm on a Smash forum being a hypocrite. I said "combine," getting different franchises to cross one another and make a story (or lack therof) out of it is entertaining.

... Temporarily at that. I'm already getting horrible, horrible ideas of what could possibly go wrong with Touhou + Sonic. *Shiver.*

Also Espy, I just thought about this:

We really should set up a couple of days to meet-up or something. I have a lot of free time I could use to coming up with write-ups at the very least, and now that you have mod powers; and being just as active (or as much as what's needed), I'm sure we could get so much done in little time. I'm practically free throughout the whole week save for a couple of Saturdays (this Saturday being one of them). Either I'd like for you to tell me when you're available, or just hit me up on AIM and let's make some magic happen eh bro?

/totally not sexually suggestive.

I've taken a look at some other character subforum guides (the ones that actually have easy to navigate guides, and ones that have them at all...), and I've moreorless figured out some things that are missing from Sonic's ATM.

Be it dealing with the tournament environment, or going over the different styles Sonic can cover/be played, and how to control it. There should also be some kind of motivational crap in there. There is no other character in this game to my knowledge that is blessed with the options, just barely escaping some gay combos/locks like Fox/Wolf/Falco do, and have the overall viability of a character, but plagued with poor stats when compared to other viable character like Meta Knight and Marth and it's all too easy for an individual to lose faith/compare Sonic and notice that he looks like is garbage. I'd be lying if I said that you could be a good Sonic player without being a good player first. I'd also be a fool to not mention how most new-generation players now are at a heavy disadvantage due to how much more experience and knowledge the veteran/battle-hardened tournament players have.

I can't stress enough how much we need to cover a lot of the trivial pieces of knowledge, organize it, make it so that the guide can walk with the reader every step of the way, and remind the reader that true passion/love for Sonic will carry them forward. If there's no investment, or even the slightest bit of doubt in either Sonic or the player, it seems that all hope is lost. I'm not saying Sonic is a perfect character, but you can still recognize his weaknesses and work with/around it and triumph as the stronger player as long as you're willing to acknowledge that even if the character were perfect, the unifier of Chaos is not so much.

Yeah, I made that up on the spot. Give me a whole weekend to think of some write-ups and I'll add lots of quotes from past Sonic games, with discrepancies that still speak the reader as an actual person.

Home edit: Now with 100% moar image macro and 0.93% moar relevance!

What a shame that for the sake of the guide, I have to keep it Sonic-styled. If I could post Touhou image macros, I'd have the thing set and planned for life right here and right now.

I'm thinking that some of this can be put in the Overview sub-section, which if you look at the guide right now it's an empty section. If not in the overview, I realize some of what I suggested seems more appropriate for the ending.

Such a shame I'm not home. I have a fitting, yet equally unfitting image macro for this occasion. It'll either have to wait, or I'll forget/drop the idea. Either or.

... Same goes double for you Jerry! :mad: You know what'll happen if I come home and all of a sudden no thanks to your tomfoolery I find a pregnant Re- *shot.*

One last note. Apparently *** is no longer censored. and if it still is, it's not censored when I say things like "you're a smartass." G@me? Lolcensordodge.Needstobefixed.Takethisuptohigherauthorities.*Winkwinknudgenudge.*

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I lol'd hard.

You made me look for the infraction button. Dang it Tesh :(

and ignore list continues to serve me quite well
Mind posting the list? :O

Sad times, when n****s approve of combo creation abominations.

Haven't you noticed that we haven't done anything with it since Chis *apparently* retired/in a long while? I would very much like to move on to the next phase, whatever that is.

Or Hell, if nobody cares, I could take charge of the project. Though I have a bad feeling it would die with my luck, but at the very least I would like to move forward/finish the guide sometime by the end of this year. Since you can do that kind of stuff now how about it; what should we/I go over next?

Also, you should get on AIM if you can.

"I can see her panties!"

Ahem.

There's an old guide that I did on Sonic at AiB. It has a decent advanced techniques section which I would think would be a good frame work for the advanced techniques section for our guide. And about ownership changing...thinking about it.

I just took a closer look at the thread. I'll see if I can do something after this weekend is all said and done.
What kind of things may I ask? Check if the content is up to standard, or just see what kind of things need to be finished.

Tesh

Smash Hero
That Sonic pony is about to become my avatar. I don't know if I can let go of Fawful though.

Someone make me a Fawful Sonic Pony?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
"I can see her panties!"
There's nothing down there for you to see bro. ;)

That Sonic pony is about to become my avatar. I don't know if I can let go of Fawful though.

Someone make me a Fawful Sonic Pony?
Do it, and you may very well be the first person I will put on the ignore list. Not because I don't want to see what you have to read, but because I don't want to have to look at that monstrosity of an avatar.

Either that, or tell me how to block avatars and we'll just pretend like nothing ever happened.

Alright. Now that I'm home, time to do some purging!

Gimme a second~...

The deed is done. Now to go cry in a corner because I had to censor myself and not post the more suggestive Miku pictures. There was this commercial I saw on T.V. one time (OMG I watched T.V.?!), and some company was selling this ingenious program where you could be on one computer and access your home computer 100%. I should see what I can do about that. I'll be grinding my butt off in Touhou Labyrinth because I have nothing else to do and I don't think the teachers will mind that I play a little game.

Oh yeah, and so that I won't have to lose a couple of nice pieces. I guess. And whatnot. I'll stop talking to myself now.

Remember Espy! Anytime you're ready.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Quit reposting that God-Awful-

gsdfg hg rhigbrghiopegery.

Sonic, is a hedgehog! Not a horse! That isn't my horse!!

If only I hadn't done what I did, maybe the idea of me being a moderator wouldn't be out of this world. If I got the position, infract all you n****s for explicit material, IDC if it'd be counted as abuse of power and have it taken away minutes after I would've got it; it'd be totally worth it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I thought if u ignore people, it still shows avatars, but you can't see the contents of the post. I'm gonna ignore Kinzer and see what happens.

Wait, how do I ignore someone?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I thought if u ignore people, it still shows avatars, but you can't see the contents of the post. I'm gonna ignore Kinzer and see what happens.
Nope. The only thing you see is the username, and other misc. crap that doesn't matter.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Why yes.

Yes I did.

... Anybody wanna take side-bets only how long it'll be before I pop Espy's infraction cherry?

I'lll give myself until the moment my last infraction expires.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm more concerned over the thought that Espy can change the thread title to whatever he wants now.

i.e., MLP-related lines.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Kupo, where did you get that avatar from?
Movie looks familiar. Is it Balto or Lady and the Tramp? Oliver and Company?

Life

Smash Hero
I'm baaaaaack. Who missed me?

....*crickets*

I see Espy's our mod now. Amazing what changes when you're gone for 3-4 days, and what doesn't change when you're there for months. (I get to do it again next week too <.<)

Tesh

Smash Hero
So I just heard on stream, D1A0S beat Will.

Good ****
D1aos top 5 SONIC!!?

My top 5:
e__X__py
Darth Speedius
Cloud
D1aos
Arikie
Tesh
Kinzer
Google maps

No particular order.