• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Not above 13th.
teehee.
B-But it wasn't a local. :(

I got 33rd. Lost to Illmatic in Winners and then Logic in Losers. All extremely close matches that could have gone either way. Last stock, high percent. No SDs or scrubbish mistakes. Just got outplayed by the better players.

I'm proud of what I did and how I did. All Sonic, went head to head with Broly for the 3rd seed spot and 2-0'd him. Took a game from Seibrik and then got owned the other two games for teaching me what happens when a defensive MK plays against an aggressive Sonic. It was an awesome lesson and I was hoping to use the knowledge against him if we faced in bracket. Guess that wasn't the case. Oh well! I burnt out so bad after the Singles bracket though, egads... XD I'll talk of more stuff later or when I'm home.

Thanks for the support, guys. And Kinzer, what did you mean by proving papa didn't make a mistake or something? I'm confussled. o.o

Oh, and for those that were in my pool, I'll remember them all later, but I had,

- Seibrik
- Player-4
- Broly
- Infinity
- Mike2
- Konfucious
- Some Diddy random I think??
- Some Pikachu/Link user
- Flamesomethingsomething a Lucario player I feel like a jerk for forgetting his name still.But he had a tag called "Trap" or something. He owned me 2-1. XD

I didn't play Trela unfortunately. No excuses from me other then being shy and not making the time I should have for it. But I do agree anyway. That match-up blows HARD. LOL

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. was that one pool? wtf? how you gon make a 10 man pool and say top 3 get out, thats stupid.

2. was it one round of pools or 2?

3. the lucario was flamewaveK, apparently dudes think he looks like an attractive female (id like to get your thoughts on this firsthand, because i disagree vehemently) thus the 'trap' tag.

cloud is now exempt from my bad sonic challenge. top sonics are espy, X, me, cloud, AND THAN nobody else matters, and you wont place higher than 13th. Except for Arikie, because that kid is awesome. and d1aos, because we all know sova is free.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1) Yes, that was one pool. Pools were kinda odd. Some had 7 (mine), while others had 8, 9, or in Kuraudo's case, 10 players. In all of them, only top three advanced to the bracket, which sounds kinda ridiculous.

2) Just one round of pools. 48 players advanced to a double elimination bracket which gave the 1st seed players byes in the first round.

3) Yeah, it was FlameWaveK. Didn't talk to him too much, but he seemed like a pretty cool guy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll give Flamey credit where credit is due. That little 'cario really does put in the effort.
Honest to goodness hard work is always something I can respect.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Lol @ KID clinging to top sonic status. D1oas and Cloud earned their way out of pools with all Sonic.

Googles is clearly top 50 Falco at LEAST imo.

Also Arikie hype, he is beating people on West Coast with Sonic :p

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
I used pikachu in 2 different sets the whole singles tournament, against a snake main and against sky.
the rest I went sonic.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You used pikachu in your avatar.

edit: ARIKIE YOU SNEAKY SNEAKY PIKACHU!!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You know what? Forget I said anything, I'm a *******.

3. the lucario was flamewaveK, apparently dudes think he looks like an attractive female (id like to get your thoughts on this firsthand, because i disagree vehemently) thus the 'trap' tag.
You only say that because you're already aware that Flamey's a cross-dresser. It's not in the agenda of most traps to tell you what they really are, and if you met them in person you'd have a much more difficult time knowing your real sexual preference. ;)

I love that guy/gal/it/potato (no homo/all homo/no bestiality/potatoes are too bland for my taste), pretty chill thing.

Do you two talk via text or IM? How do you keep tabs/get updates from him?

Speak of the devil...

Been a while Arikie; hope you've been doing well for yourself.

Sun chips da bess.

Speaking of da bess, nothing is more frustrating to me than knowing the solution to a problem but for whatever reason; be it through my own physical inability, mental ignorance, or overestimated intelligence, cannot reach it. I'm going to tape a sticky note on my forehead next tournament I go to so I won't forget the simple "Stop approaching so much you idiot." tactic.

:093:

BSP

Smash Legend

cloud is now exempt from my bad sonic challenge. top sonics are espy, X, me, cloud, AND THAN nobody else matters, and you wont place higher than 13th. Except for Arikie, because that kid is awesome. and d1aos, because we all know sova is free.
Uh hello?

I can't wait till I can actually attend a large tournament so I can get out of this nobody status :glare:

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
Do you two talk via text or IM? How do you keep tabs/get updates from him?

Speak of the devil...

Been a while Arikie; hope you've been doing well for yourself.

AIM

I've been keeping active in local smash, I just stopped paying attention to the boards.

I'm going to try to be more active around the boards now.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So I just watched a vids of Espy vs an Olimar D@*** from about a week ago....

About that S-hop Bair 2 Neatral A combo Espy was doing

When he kept reseting was he still holding A or did he keep pressing A?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So I just watched a vids of Espy vs an Olimar D@*** from about a week ago....

About that S-hop Bair 2 Neatral A combo Espy was doing

When he kept reseting was he still holding A or did he keep pressing A?
It'd help if you could give a video link; but if I can take a shot in the dark.

You're referring to combat walking?

That' usually done if the second jab doesn't connect after the first one, though it can also happen when it does. If that's the case, you have to hit down on the D-Pad very quickly and reset the stick to neutral position while still holding A? I may not have it down 100%, I'm sure you can ask any respectable Ike player and they'd know the mechanics down to a science.

It's also really only good for Ike just because he gets some nice numbers out of it. Sonic' combat walk is pretty bad for the most part, it's usually better to finish the combo unless you've conditioned the opponent.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Speaking of da bess, nothing is more frustrating to me than knowing the solution to a problem but for whatever reason; be it through my own physical inability, mental ignorance, or overestimated intelligence, cannot reach it. I'm going to tape a sticky note on my forehead next tournament I go to so I won't forget the simple "Stop approaching so much you idiot." tactic.

But if you do that, you won't be able to see the note

Infact, it might even remind your opponents not to approach as they might happen to glance at the sticky note and be reminded because of the note not approach, which wouldn't be good for you :c

:064:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
in your 4th match vs that Zss. when you both were on your last stock you had a percentage lead. You should've just stayed patient with that spin charge u had. The Zss would've eventually had to come after you then you could've released it. IMO you would've won had you just not had gotten impatient for that kill.

Sonic_King

Smash Apprentice

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Hmm. Rags and I have similar playstyles. The thing is, I'm a little more defensive and use more bair, whereas he rushes down more and uses more grabs. Neither is really better or worse than the other. It's probably more region dependent; I live and play in the metaknight capitol of the world where everyone develops a slightly campier playstyle save for maybe nairo, whereas he lives in a region that probably allowed him to develop a more aggro playstyle overall.

Life

Smash Hero
Espy 25th, Cloud 33rd (?). Could have been better, could have been worse (cough, pound5).

Anyone know of a good place to grind level-37 Ice-type in Pokemon Black? It's just a tad too weak to not get oneshotted by the next gym's pokemon (which it could probably oneshot if it got the chance to move...-Spd nature FTL)...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
But if you do that, you won't be able to see the note

Infact, it might even remind your opponents not to approach as they might happen to glance at the sticky note and be reminded because of the note not approach, which wouldn't be good for you :c

:064:
Meta-mindgames.

My problem is that I approach recklessly. Of course if I still want to apply some pressure I should be far enough away from my opponent so that I can't get punished immediately, but not so far away that the only sort of mental pressure is the clock; and that's only assuming I have the lead.

That, among other factors, which I should definitely take into consideration.

I'll get better at this. I've only been around for three years and I'm still nowhere near where I want to be, but I've certainly made some progress.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Which ice type? Cryogonal? Cuz he has like no physical defense and you'll get one shotted by a physical move even if you level him up more lol. Unless you get the first hit, which is possible cuz he's kinda fast. Then it'd be worth it, especially because he has an ok special attack stat

BSP

Smash Legend
Just get a dragon and wreck everything. It's time consuming, but it's worth it.

How many of you keep your starter on your team?

Top Bottom