• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Life

Smash Hero
I'm baaaaack... I got pwned. LOL.

My shoutouts to people from this board go to Goggles and Kinzer. Goggles pretty much predicted my exact performance down to SDing twice in my final game (which I would have won otherwise, ahh). And Kinzer... I downtaunted a ROB laser. :awesome:

Johns include the TO misspelling and mispronouncing my tag (Incom, not Incon, thank you) and lots of cigarette smoke (one, because my lungs can't tolerate much of the stuff, and two, because I'm too young to smoke and don't want passerby getting ideas). And SDing for reasons I'm still unsure of. And not getting anything recorded for the criticism thread. <.<

M2K didn't make it citing "the blizzard" (:popo:?). Didn't get to play Shugo or Lain but they apparently tore it up in doubles.

Kinda wish I'd gone Marth for a game or two, it was showing promise in friendlies. (I should NOT be getting away with fair-fsmash nearly that much. People tend to drop their shield after fair hits it...)

If you want the gory details, you'll find them in the results thread, whenever it goes up.

Now if we only had tournaments more often...

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'm baaaaack... I got pwned. LOL.

My shoutouts to people from this board go to Goggles and Kinzer. Goggles pretty much predicted my exact performance down to SDing twice in my final game (which I would have won otherwise, ahh). And Kinzer... I downtaunted a ROB laser. :awesome:

Johns include the TO misspelling and mispronouncing my tag (Incom, not Incon, thank you) and lots of cigarette smoke (one, because my lungs can't tolerate much of the stuff, and two, because I'm too young to smoke and don't want passerby getting ideas). And SDing for reasons I'm still unsure of. And not getting anything recorded for the criticism thread. <.<

M2K didn't make it citing "the blizzard" (:popo:?). Didn't get to play Shugo or Lain but they apparently tore it up in doubles.

Kinda wish I'd gone Marth for a game or two, it was showing promise in friendlies. (I should NOT be getting away with fair-fsmash nearly that much. People tend to drop their shield after fair hits it...)

If you want the gory details, you'll find them in the results thread, whenever it goes up.

Now if we only had tournaments more often...
Don't worry about it. Brush your knees off and go back at it again. If you want, I'll play you online and help you out with some match-ups. We'll get you up to Cammy/PD status in no time.

inb4tesh/wedge/questhate

Life

Smash Hero
Appreciated Excel, but I'm not in a hurry, I got six months. LOL, my only serious john is the lack of a Pittsburgh Brawl scene outside /hope (though we have Melee apparently).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that all four games (and most friendlies) came down to one stock, wasn't bad at all.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Appreciated Excel, but I'm not in a hurry, I got six months. LOL, my only serious john is the lack of a Pittsburgh Brawl scene outside /hope (though we have Melee apparently).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that all four games (and most friendlies) came down to one stock, wasn't bad at all.
Most of PA's Brawl scene is in Philly. So yeah, you're either A. Confined to Wi-Fi or B. Gonna have to start hunting down Pittburgh players.

Life

Smash Hero
Or C: Spend absurd amounts of time and gas money
... nah.

I'm trying to see what I can do about getting a scene going tho. Main issue is getting a venue. I only have two ideas, one of which is the venue for /hope (which I'm sure gets a lot of use already) and the other of which is a local TCG shop whose owner is a little reluctant to do Smash. So... yeah.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Incom, you should not let excel train you via wifi for the following reasons:

1. Excel is booty.
  2. Your connection with Excel would be worse than a connection between you and someone on the EC.
  3. Just playing a lot of wifi without practicing a lot offline messes up your spacing and other aspects of your playstyle.
  4. also Excel is booty.

lol jk about 1. and 4., Excel's most likely good enough to guide you through the basics of Sonic.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm back home, which means I'm back to my terribly slow connection. I won't be back to my high-speed, or any of the OK players, in a month.

Loooooool, I'm going to be so rusty when the new semester starts. And most likely during too, since I have Chemistry, Physics, and Japanese II all in one go.

Life

Smash Hero
I think it's not that I don't have the basics down, I just have to work on decision making (for example, not ASCing while D3 is charging Fsmash, lol)

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Incom, you should not let excel train you via wifi for the following reasons:

1. Excel is booty.
  2. Your connection with Excel would be worse than a connection between you and someone on the EC.
  3. Just playing a lot of wifi without practicing a lot offline messes up your spacing and other aspects of your playstyle.
  4. also Excel is booty.

lol jk about 1. and 4., Excel's most likely good enough to guide you through the basics of Sonic.
Me with these hard *** reads. See, I'm about to stop coming here because of the mad disrespect around here. I'm gonna end up clowning people like my name is KIDGoggles. This **** is getting annoying.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I like how Excel completely ignored the spoiler :troll:
I didn't ignore the spoiler.
"Excel's most likely good enough to guide you through the basics of Sonic."

Implying that I'm only good enough to do that. It's insulting that I'm not being taken seriously. It's cool though. I'm gonna do my own thing, I'm gonna hype me. **** everyone else.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Christ sakes, people.

Anybody wanna explain to me why this smacktalk is even starting to begin with? Unless it's just a Scourge thing.

Only reason I'd be going is because you guys are acting like a bunch of idiots. Honestly, you guys need to learn to take what's said over the internet with a grain of salt. If someone believes in you, that's cool. If you hype yourself up, go for it. Do what you have to do and that's that.

[EDIT]

And if you wanna make something of it, prove them wrong. Don't ***** and moan like this. And especially don't get mad over WiFi. Don't EVER get mad over WiFi. If you do, you're making an *** out of yourself.

That goes for everyone that reads this. The hate, the smacktalk and going through every single page of this damn forum with having to read someone calling someone else "Booty"- come on now. Got something to gain from putting someone else down? Worry about yourself before you spend your time trolling someone else's ***. Watch your own.

This is competition for me, and I don't have time (not that I would want to) to be causing a ruckus with others I see as opponents. Grow up, relax, and have some fun with this game already.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Protip; those who usually persistently call others Free is free himself

except if your Renegade TX 2000, that guy is hella free

Trent

Smash Champion
Christ sakes, people.

Anybody wanna explain to me why this smacktalk is even starting to begin with? Unless it's just a Scourge thing.

Only reason I'd be going is because you guys are acting like a bunch of idiots. Honestly, you guys need to learn to take what's said over the internet with a grain of salt. If someone believes in you, that's cool. If you hype yourself up, go for it. Do what you have to do and that's that.

[EDIT]

And if you wanna make something of it, prove them wrong. Don't ***** and moan like this. And especially don't get mad over WiFi. Don't EVER get mad over WiFi. If you do, you're making an *** out of yourself.

That goes for everyone that reads this. The hate, the smacktalk and going through every single page of this damn forum with having to read someone calling someone else "Booty"- come on now. Got something to gain from putting someone else down? Worry about yourself before you spend your time trolling someone else's ***. Watch your own.

This is competition for me, and I don't have time (not that I would want to) to be causing a ruckus with others I see as opponents. Grow up, relax, and have some fun with this game already.
Sonic sez!

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Christ sakes, people.

[EDIT]

Y'know, I try to be helpful when I can and people undercut me regularly. It's ****ing dumb. I'm putting people on ignore status hardbody. Maybe, I'll get some peace around this *****.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Excel, come on, you should realize we're just trolling when we say you're booty.

...I mean COME ON it's the word "BOOTY" after all :laugh:

I really don't think you're that bad at all. You're probably around a mid level player like a lot of us are.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Excel, come on, you should realize we're just trolling when we say you're booty.

...I mean COME ON it's the word "BOOTY" after all :laugh:

I really don't think you're that bad at all. You're probably around a mid level player like a lot of us are.

I've said all that I needed to say on the matter. It's your guys' problem now. Moving on!

[EDIT]

I quoted you on the assumption that Excel put you on the ignore list I'm guessing.

Savon

Smash Ace
Why don't we just put all of this anger and hatred towards Meta Knight? Seriously. :cool:

edit: 100th post. AmIproyetz?

Life

Smash Hero
I actually might but one of the two lukes that showed up (and I played in a friendly, don't recall the result) was all like "lucario's advantage? pfft".

Savon

Smash Ace
I was talking about Meta Knight as a character overall rather than from the Sonic perspective.

Brawl totally needs an anime where all of the lower tiered characters are like on an adventure to topple Meta Knight from his throne of power. MK's right hand man is Snake, who goes out and does all of the dirty work, but he is jealous of MK's newer minion Diddy Kong, because Snake knows Diddy is strong than him. Falco is an air general who regularly does air strikes and bombings to crush the low tier rebellion. DDD on the other hand knows that his position in MK's army is slowly going down, so he along with Pit secretly help the low tier rebellion whenever they can.

Yeah.....that would be effin awesome.....

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
We'll get you up to Cammy/PD status in no time.

inb4tesh/wedge/questhate
Wait, he's from PA?

Good luck, dude. How's the state doing anyway? It's been forever since I talked to anyone in the smash scene from PA besides LoCal.

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
Thanks Cama but you're a little late, haha.

The state as a whole is doing okay, relatively speaking, but Pittsburgh smash... IDK. Shugo/Lain tore it up in doubles. I went against one member of the third-place team (there were like eight brawl teams) and then one of the ones that got second in a row. And boom, I'm gone. Sigh... we need these more often so I can stop scrubbing around, haha.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Thanks Cama but you're a little late, haha.

The state as a whole is doing okay, relatively speaking, but Pittsburgh smash... IDK. Shugo/Lain tore it up in doubles. I went against one member of the third-place team (there were like eight brawl teams) and then one of the ones that got second in a row. And boom, I'm gone. Sigh... we need these more often so I can stop scrubbing around, haha.
Well, of course I'm late. I'm not even too sure why I've been on the boards in the past couple days anyway. I guess I just miss the scene a little.

Oh, and Pittsburgh is garbz. Like, straight up. M@V and Phoenix is the best you got, but Phoenix (from what I know) never leaves Pittsburgh and stays on WiFi, and I'm not so sure about M@V nowadays.

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
Well, we have one tournament like every six months tops (this one being the second one), I've been blaming that...

...and M@V is in State College apparently so he doesn't count. But without him we'd have no scene so I suppose I should be grateful anyway.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
also excel, I was trying to teach you that you HAVE to hype yourself in order to keep a confident mindset. No matter how much trashtalk you get you have to be able to block it out and prove them wrong. You have no idea how much trashtalk I get EVERY DAY lmao, by players I know I can beat offline and who think they know my habits/patterns when they really don't. What makes a pro is the ability to play an opponent with no fear, nervousness, or something detrimental like you underestimating your opponent.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's insulting that I'm not being taken seriously. It's cool though. I'm gonna do my own thing, I'm gonna hype me. **** everyone else.
ITT we turn kids into KIDs :)

it's just one or two ppl being dumb

Hyping oneself...should only be done if you have the skills to back it up. i dont do it for reasons you guys should already know.
nah, all people should be modest.

blah blah
look just stop being a douche

Top Bottom