• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
doesnt help that tesh is a really douchy troll

im going to sleep now cus I have to work at 2 am so ill say this

espy gives off the impression to me that hes seriously being a douche and just covers himself by saying 'im jokin bruhz, stop takn da intrawebs so srs.'

and the last national tourney I went to I tied with speed. and Ive definitely been improving just as much as him. only difference is that he goes to somewhat high profile events and he goes to them far more often.

excel. the first thing I thought when i read your post, was not 'oh hes bad, who cares' it was more along the lines of 'hes probably right' as I try not to let my preconceived notions take away from when somebody makes a valid point.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Espy, Ive told you this before. i meat ride myself because nobody respects me. nobody gives me the credit I feel I deserve, and even the few people that know that I am good will never admit it. I just have to be my own best friend. I have to be that guy that tells people how good KID is, because obviously nobody else is going to do it. i also know just about everything there is to know about this character but people on the board dont even take me seriously or listen to what I say when I try to help people. Only person that does is speed.

thats why I act the way I do.

and if youre talkign about the other thing, i just get upset because you are constantly trying to convert people to being furry like an abrasive catholic and because I try so hard to not push my religion on people while still being firm in my faith, you should be able to see why it bothers me so much. which leads to me noticing that you do everything you can to furify any current conversation, and you tell me to just deal with it, and that you can do whatever you want, but as soon as the convo turns to something you dont like talking about, (religion, woulda never guessed) you get all salty and feel the need to bash the convo and talk about how lame/boring the convo is and that you dont want to hear it. which strikes me like a guy that thinks/knows that hes the one in charge on the block and everyone looks up to him so he can just do/say/think whatever he wants and suffer no reprocussions from it.
It also just so happens that hypocrisy is one of my biggest pet peeves.

so yea, thats it in a nutshell.
100% agree with KID

mmmmm cookies

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'll let my OFFLINE results speak for themselves in the coming months.
Now Sonic mains are mad, everybody's mad.

Today 01:16 PM
da K.I.D. doesnt help that tesh is a really douchy troll

im going to sleep now cus I have to work at 2 am so ill say this

espy gives off the impression to me that hes seriously being a douche and just covers himself by saying 'im jokin bruhz, stop takn da intrawebs so srs.'

and the last national tourney I went to I tied with speed. and Ive definitely been improving just as much as him. only difference is that he goes to somewhat high profile events and he goes to them far more often.

excel. the first thing I thought when i read your post, was not 'oh hes bad, who cares' it was more along the lines of 'hes probably right' as I try not to let my preconceived notions take away from when somebody makes a valid point.
Did you tie with him with Sonic only? Or did you tie with him going Falco, Sonic etc.?

Speed is just too Stylish for you. Don't hate, imitate

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy, Ive told you this before. i meat ride myself because nobody respects me. nobody gives me the credit I feel I deserve, and even the few people that know that I am good will never admit it. I just have to be my own best friend. I have to be that guy that tells people how good KID is, because obviously nobody else is going to do it. i also know just about everything there is to know about this character but people on the board dont even take me seriously or listen to what I say when I try to help people. Only person that does is speed.

thats why I act the way I do.

and if youre talkign about the other thing, i just get upset because you are constantly trying to convert people to being furry like an abrasive catholic and because I try so hard to not push my religion on people while still being firm in my faith, you should be able to see why it bothers me so much. which leads to me noticing that you do everything you can to furify any current conversation, and you tell me to just deal with it, and that you can do whatever you want, but as soon as the convo turns to something you dont like talking about, (religion, woulda never guessed) you get all salty and feel the need to bash the convo and talk about how lame/boring the convo is and that you dont want to hear it. which strikes me like a guy that thinks/knows that hes the one in charge on the block and everyone looks up to him so he can just do/say/think whatever he wants and suffer no reprocussions from it.
It also just so happens that hypocrisy is one of my biggest pet peeves.

so yea, thats it in a nutshell.
Alright, fair enough, and a deal's a deal.

Everything I type here is pretty much how I feel about it, 100%. If you have any problems with any of it, we can deal with them, I'm all up for that.

Reading through your post, I saw pretty much the very reason why I dislike some of the things you do. It's because what you do I personally find as distasteful and/or severely lacking in manners.

I see your meat riding of yourself as more of an indication of an overly cocky player that has no sense of modesty or dignity. I personally dislike people who put themselves on a pedestal because it seems, to me, to be a sign of bad character. It also doesn't help that you have this idea that you know absolutely everything about Sonic (you even said this outright in your first paragraph).

KID, I find it incredibly unlikely that you know absolutely everything about Sonic in Brawl. I find it highly improbable that you've dealt with every single character on every single stage in every single level of skill that would give you the general knowledge of match ups. I doubt you have learned every precise KO percentage, and the best set of moves to use in any given scenario at any given time. This idea that you know absolutely EVERYTHING to Sonic is just incredibly egotistical of you to assume (at least that's what I think).

This whole deal with you blowing your own skill up just to give yourself the credit that no one gives you is something I find incredibly irritable. The fact that you do this may probably be a reason why so many people have such a bad perception of you, or treat you bad. If it wasn't a direct cause, heck, it could even be something that consistently allows people to keep those predispositions about you because of the way you act.

The vanity is just very, very distasteful to me. I despise that kind of attitude, regardless of justification. That's my problem.

Also, yes, other people have this problem online too. Yes, other people I know are just the same as you. The problem here is that you do it so much, so often, that it just drives me mad. Several others that have the same problem as you, at the very least, put a damn good mask over their attitude, rather than scattering it EVERWHERE, which only perpetuates the problem with how others see you.

I'll say this here and now: I think you're a great Sonic main. You've proven to me that you have the ability to rival Speed, who is at the moment regarded as the best Sonic on the East Coast. That speaks a TON about you as a player. However, your attitude is, bluntly, one HELL of a distraction from that.

I know you're good, but I hate that you're so upset all of the damn time, just because you don't get a trophy for doing a good job.

You want to be well known? You want to get recognition and be seen as a good guy? Play the game, show good character/have a good attitude, keep a level head and leave out as many insults as you possibly can (I see you do this very often, which also irritates me) when discussing matters with other people.

That would be a good start.

Hypocrisy is a pet peeve of yours? I see that as a little odd. Hypocrisy is EVERYWHERE. You can't expect people to be these perfect beings that never go against their own ideals. Hell, I outright STRUGGLE with doing what I see as right and wrong MANY times during a single day! I'd like to think that many people out there have the same type of problems when it comes to more difficult decisions and whatnot.

You can't expect someone to be absolute about anything they believe in, because things CAN and WILL change, if necessary to the person.

Bu~t this is diving into a subject I'd rather not get into, so we'll leave that for another time.

==========

As for the second half, unless you refused to read the section that I collapsed in my giant post directed mostly to Kinzer, I not only apologized, but explained, once again, that unless I put a disclaimer, that nothing I say should be seriously taken as what it is, because it may be that I'm just screwing around (which is actually a large percentage of time, at least on the SGD).

All I can say is to stop taking the furry stuff on a personal level. That's why it bothers you so much. Above that, I've done as you have asked awhile back, and I've toned it down massively since then, and that's because you asked in a somewhat sincere manner. At the very least, you should realize that that means that I'm TRYING to give you some room to breathe here.

I'm a rational gentleman, KID. If you approach me in a serious, non-aggressive tone about something, I'm not going to bite back. If you have a problem with me, then let's approach it like grown men would do, and solve the problem so we don't have to bother with it anymore. Compromise is always the best route to take in these kind of situations anyways, which is what I'm trying to get at, here.

==========

Since my antics DO bother you so much, I guess I'll completely censor them in the form of collapse tags, or something (while I'm here at the SGD). At the very least, it'll be so that you don't need to bother with it while continuing to read the SGD.

All I ask in return, simply, is for you to quit your little remarks as well. Is that fair?

Savon

Smash Ace
Hello Sonic boards. I have decided to take a break from playing Snake in order to really focus on getting better with Sonic. I know must of Sonic's tricks, but I do not really know HOW to apply his tricks during a fight. Anyways all advice would be appreciated, and I hope I can get along with you all.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
In retrospect, it probably would've been a better idea.
But it's already all out and about, so it's kinda too late anyways.

Above that, if KID didn't want to, he could've proposed PMs, if anything.
Which implies I'm fine with this being out in the open.

I thought you quit, Trent? :\

Tesh

Smash Hero
Hello Sonic boards. I have decided to take a break from playing Snake in order to really focus on getting better with Sonic. I know must of Sonic's tricks, but I do not really know HOW to apply his tricks during a fight. Anyways all advice would be appreciated, and I hope I can get along with you all.
Welcome to the show!

First thing you need to learn is how to iSDR. Yoshi's Island and Pictochat are BOTH gonna be legal everywhere so its pretty much a free win. You also need to learn how to home your attacks and spin while your dashing. These techniques can be difficult to apply, but I have faith in you!

Espy and KID, don't take it PMs. Its far more entertaining for the rest of us is this is done here. That way the rest of us can add fuel to the fire as needed.

Trent

Smash Champion

I thought you quit, Trent? :\
Eh, haven't touched the game since Brainshock. Was gonna go to a tournament 40 minutes away yesterday but weather made me decide not to drive on the interstate.

I feel lame for giving up on the game, so I at least wanted to try one more tourney too see if I would change my mind. The weather was a sign?! :laugh:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Eh, haven't touched the game since Brainshock. Was gonna go to a tournament 40 minutes away yesterday but weather made me decide not to drive on the interstate.

I feel lame for giving up on the game, so I at least wanted to try one more tourney too see if I would change my mind. The weather was a sign?! :laugh:
Don't quit man, you should try picking up another character or something. Look at Excel. He got mad, then he got glad! Now he is gonna be a metagay with a pocket pictogay when he cant win the ditto.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
I know i cant do **** as sonic alone so im starting to use ike more. Idk y but i was scared to use ike in offline tournies in the past :/

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

You have fun with that. I realized that I'll never be considered best Sonic in the Midwest. Even if you did quit cold turkey, nobody would regard me as anything than just some Sonic player from Kentucky. So, I'll be busy CGing people back and forth, up and down and making money.

Don't quit man, you should try picking up another character or something. Look at Excel. He got mad, then he got glad! Now he is gonna be a metagay with a pocket pictogay when he cant win the ditto.
Haha. Tesh, I main Icygays and I have a pocket Metagay AND a pocket Bringay. I also play the MK ditto pretty regularly, so I can hold my own in the match-up.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You have fun with that. I realized that I'll never be considered best Sonic in the Midwest. Even if you did quit cold turkey, nobody would regard me as anything than just some Sonic player from Kentucky. So, I'll be busy CGing people back and forth, up and down and making money.

Haha. Tesh, I main Icygays and I have a pocket Metagay AND a pocket Bringay. I also play the MK ditto pretty regularly, so I can hold my own in the match-up.
You'll also never be considered the best MK or Ice Climbers in the midwest. You should have picked up Jigglypuff, Zelda or Bowser if you wanted an easy shot at being the best "_____".

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
You'll also never be considered the best MK or Ice Climbers in the midwest. You should have picked up Jigglypuff, Zelda or Bowser if you wanted an easy shot at being the best "_____".
The point I'm trying to make is...If I can't be known for being the best Sonic in the Midwest, I'll just go about doing well in tournaments and making $$$.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The point I'm trying to make is...If I can't be known for being the best Sonic in the Midwest, I'll just go about doing well in tournaments and making $$$.

What makes you think you will place in the money now all of a sudden?

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Alright, enough is enough.

Guys, stop being ********.

Trent, all sarcasm/jokes aside, since I'm sick of people not just saying what they want to say,

don't listen to them. The last thing I need is going to Pound 5 or some big tournament you're at, looking forward to friendlying or MMing a fellow Sonic user, then hearing the announcer say "Meta Knight!" on the screen. That would make me absolutely ticked off and annoyed.

As if I don't have enough of that from other people I know.

So yeah. Summary: don't be a tier ***** and play the character you love and have lots of experience with.
What makes you think you will place in the money now all of a sudden?
^^^ THIS

Savon

Smash Ace
I am not crazy about that mindset either. Imagine how boring the game would be if EVERYBODY decided that they should just use MK in order to do well. When you really get down to it, I think MK is slightly overrated.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Not everybody would do well as metaknight.

I, for one, just couldn't get a good handle of him as a character.

Especially now that everyone has lots of MK experience, so it's easier to take an unknown like Sonic and wreck ppl for the matchup inexperience.

Savon

Smash Ace
EVERYBODY knows how to fight MK. I mean he has been broken down to the smallest level. A lot of players play MK thinking that they will do well just because they are using MK, but end up sucking with him, rather than accepting that maybe he is not the char for them.

Tesh

Smash Hero
And Addy, Denti and Zori. Though my matches with Zori and Denti never get recorded it seems. Addy was wifi and with Neon it was friendlies. I'll be uploading the ones where I didn't get *****, I just wanted to share that one with the world first.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Anyone know of a free program that plays music without taking up a bunch of memory? For some reason the latest version of window media player takes up 200,000 KB of memory and slows down my computer.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Anyone know of a free program that plays music without taking up a bunch of memory? For some reason the latest version of window media player takes up 200,000 KB of memory and slows down my computer.
winamp?

It's got a ton of addons and plugins but i don't do that **** lol

It's as if every Sonic gets one video they just get molested.

I got ESAM, KID got Dazwa, Speed got Shugo, X got Gnes...

...and now Tesh got Neon.

I have a Rowan (Peach, wifi) but that was like 08 video status D:

I got to play him again when I started wifi'ing again, and I still lose the hell out of the games but it's 1-2stock now.

Offline, and I don't think there are any vids of those, I've gotten reapd by biglou's wigi and reflex's pt D:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
winamp?

It's got a ton of addons and plugins but i don't do that **** lol

I have a Rowan (Peach, wifi) but that was like 08 video status D:

I got to play him again when I started wifi'ing again, and I still lose the hell out of the games but it's 1-2stock now.

Offline, and I don't think there are any vids of those, I've gotten reapd by biglou's wigi and reflex's pt D:
Yeah, he lives like 10-15 minutes away from me.

Also, I have realized that fun and winning are two things that don't mesh well unless you have fun doing both. So, Quest you can stop your crying.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.

It's as if every Sonic gets one video they just get molested.

I got ESAM, KID got Dazwa, Speed got Shugo, X got Gnes...

...and now Tesh got Neon.
I'm still waiting for one of these vids to pop up somewhere.
Watch it happen next tourney lol.
And for some reason my good money matches and tourney matches almost never get recorded. There was someone who recorded a tourney match I got ***** in at my second tourney but that was like 2009 and the guy never uploaded it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
At least we never look as bad as MKs getting 6 stocked by Ikes. Although I could see Oreo getting 6 stocked by an Ike now.

Top Bottom