• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Espy, you may have sweetspotted the ledge with Spring simply because you either Sprang one frame before or the same frame on Sonic would've automatically snapped to the ledge.

I managed to pause it at the right time to get a picture of it. Notice how Sonic appears to be in two different sets of animation on at the same time?

Though as a researcher, I know better than to simply write off something like that so easily.

If/when Jerry gets home from Uni, I'm going to ask him if he can look into it himself. I want to get things done, but at the same time I'm only one person and I can't get everything done in such a short amount of time.

:093:
dont get jumpy too fast the primary problem with this photograph is that the video was taken from a phone camera and the operator could of moved causing an optical illusion

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
so like after seeing the X vs Espy matches idk who the best really is now, cuz matches could have gone either way;/

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Espy, you may have sweetspotted the ledge with Spring simply because you either Sprang one frame before or the same frame on Sonic would've automatically snapped to the ledge.

I managed to pause it at the right time to get a picture of it. Notice how Sonic appears to be in two different sets of animation on at the same time?

Though as a researcher, I know better than to simply write off something like that so easily.
I'm going to have to ask you to dismiss that as evidence. what you are seeing is most likely a combination of Youtube's encoding process and other forms of compression that basically must sacrifice some quality in order for us to see the vid as good as we are. what you are seeing is two separate frames at once (and i know im doing bad at fully explaining it), but in youtube its okay because the eye doesn't pick up on it enough to so its accpetable. we'd have to get a vid of much higher quality, that can properly let us view each of the 60 frames/second before we can be sure, even if you are right in the end.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255290

I made one for Sonic already, but you'll need to fix the scaling errors as I was too lazy to go through and fix them myself.
Ugh yeah I see them, Bair looks particularly upsetting.

Hmm, actually, can you do me a favor? Could you take snap shots of the hitboxes?
I can overlay them with another image where the hitboxes do not show that way it provides a better idea of how disjointed they are since the coloring of the hitboxes is blinding at times.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Fair enough. I never did say it was 100% correct, it just seemed like what I thought it did because even in the actual game sometimes the animation can be a bit strange in particular moments.

Though here I thought I managed to capture it at the right moment.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... Oh whoops. Didn't notice that I got ninja'd.

That was directed at Kojin and DE, just in case there's any confusion.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Fair enough. I never did say it was 100% correct, it just seemed like what I thought it did because even in the actual game sometimes the animation can be a bit strange in particular moments.

Though here I thought I managed to capture it at the right moment.

wait till you look at the frame data itself and programs that help you visual it to confirm if it exists or not, i mean sonics upb does have IF right? so if you had IF and grabbed the ledge i wounder what would happen?

I'm going to have to ask you to dismiss that as evidence. what you are seeing is most likely a combination of Youtube's encoding process and other forms of compression that basically must sacrifice some quality in order for us to see the vid as good as we are. what you are seeing is two separate frames at once (and i know im doing bad at fully explaining it), but in youtube its okay because the eye doesn't pick up on it enough to so its accpetable. we'd have to get a vid of much higher quality, that can properly let us view each of the 60 frames/second before we can be sure, even if you are right in the end.
well if you've seen cloverfield most of the film was done on a hand held camera, this has similar elements of slight movement that and like you said encoding/deinterlacing.

One of my profs in my photography class said you cannot ever hope to capture a real still of an image without movement simply because of your heart beat and how we breathe. So you'd need a tripod to correct that. For both a stand and shoot digital camera or a camcorder.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
^ because Eternal Yoshi and Dantarion confirmed it was a mistake and that it's Smash Ball Aura points instead.

If it's a full body invincibility I can probably overlay a blue yellow flash when it is, and disappear when it's not.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.

Anyone who plays custom robo, pop that in your sig. Speed, TKO, Pitzer, myself, etc. have been getting a little custom robo hype going on. Spread the competetive custom robo movement?
Edit: If you don't see it in my sig, that's because I'm using a rotating signature atm.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Ugh yeah I see them, Bair looks particularly upsetting.

Hmm, actually, can you do me a favor? Could you take snap shots of the hitboxes?
I can overlay them with another image where the hitboxes do not show that way it provides a better idea of how disjointed they are since the coloring of the hitboxes is blinding at times.
I might do it this weekend (or if anyone else can that'd be great), college is a *****.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'm messing around in training mode and I'm doing stuff with late weak hit Uair and I got the idea to do that into Fsmash. The knockback is just low enough that you could Fsmash while they're in hitstun. Now I don't know how legit this is but it seems like a shot.

I've tried it on MK at 122% and it worked but once again it's probably illegitimate. Maybe someone can do some testing on this?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Is that really a true combo though? :/

I think KID's brought it up before, but I always thought it was more of a "lol got u off guard" 'combo'.

Tenki

Smash Hero
rofl

inb4 u-air1 > ASC double hit combo

btw, don't do it in training mode lol

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure uair1-Fsmash doesn't work. If it does it would be a situational trick for perhaps certain matchups and reads. Last time I did tests on it, it was a pretty tight window to guarantee the uptilt on slow falling characters. I only seem to land Fsmash-Dsmash in actual matches, but not in testing. It seems like the sort of thing where people just buffer something stupid that doesn't come out fast enough and wind up getting hit. I do find uair1-grab to be useful though.

I'm surprised we don't have some formal testing on the histun for uair1 by now. Its definitely useful depending on how people react.

Also Espy vs DEHF was one funny looking set. Now I wanna see X vs Lee Martin, but I guess I'll have to wait.

Edit: That game still doesn't look even remotely difficult/interesting to play.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also, we need to redo the side b and down b thread.

Ive had 2 people in the last week hit me up on aim asking me to explain how the moves work because the explanation in that thread is stupidly overwritten, drawn out and confusing.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yes it is

you should break both moves down into their own sections and list videos/ATs in order

Tesh

Smash Hero
We can't even get the first section in our new guide finished. We are like 70% done with simply describing the basics of each move.

For the record on the upair1 discussion, its worth noting that you can use it to abuse RCO lag to guarantee a free smash. There is a pretty nice list of characters with that glitch.
List of moves that give you the lag.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8636762&postcount=1

Intercepting any of these characters with uair1 then buffering dsmash/fsmash would be nice for the ones that don't have easy ways to cancel it.

Top Bottom