• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDB NW Presents: SHS1, Bolton, 18th July.

VA

Smash Hero
Good luck at the tournament everyone, Zeppo/Jam/Craiigg/Grayfox to win! Swizzy in the top 5. Haha. yesss come on.

I'll be texting the swizz on saturday to find out what's going on.

craiigg

Smash Lord
we're getting a coach will not a train

on megabus when you book for bolton it gives us horwich parkway coach station =/

is it like nowhere near you?

Buns

Smash Rookie
Am getting the same bus as Paul and such down and back up so I'll be with them in manc, also in case you didn't know Z this is Ross or Fiend's Knee, changed my account, I take it we're the only Scots coming to this then?

Kone

Smash Master
buns - yes

craig - just ask the coach driver AND/OR ring wills mob number (joe just posted it last page) and it sort it out with him. maybe useful to let londoners know what will says incase there is some confusion. However, im pretty confident itll be fine. There are generally only one main bus station in each city :)

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I'm just turning up to the station and getting the train whenever, so I don't know exactly what time I'm getting there yet. I'll be going to Bolton station though, so I'll text someone when I get in to Manchester? Should be around 6 or 7, something like that...

Also if the offer's still good, I'll chip in for the crates?

Edit: Also, I can bring a set-up if you want, but I can't bring a TV. Let me know if you need it?

Kone

Smash Master
Charles - the bus station is not far away.......i was there last weekend. If needed ill just drop you guys of in the morning if u all chip in money for petrol ( i aint going to want much, 50p each) OR we'll book a taxi which;; be like a quid each =s

Dont worry, we'll sort something out.

Duncan - Ill buy the beers and bring them. People can then just buy them off me for however many theyll want. Ill only need like 8 of the 30, just wanna make sure ppl have a weebit of a drink ^___^

Always bring a setup!!!

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Looooool i never thought u ppl Drank at fests, beer that is. BTW is Yeniths coming to this? Hes supposed to be coming over to Calz this weekend.

craiigg

Smash Lord
good news about the coach station, ill also bring my setup if you want?

what's the tv situation etc? =D

Kone

Smash Master
We are sorting tvs out :). Did you speak to will craig? i woul double check with him. Yeah bring a setup, it is always better to have more than less please.

Trio - LOL thats cos youve never been to a melee tournament. Any large melee tourney, esp ones with housing and ran by sdb have alot of beer and, for those that want it, smoke about. Ill be fooked by 5pm as this is a house tourney :D

Get into melee. Yen aint posted in here so guess hes at calz

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Will- you meeting us in Manchester or Bawton?

Also does anyone have a list of people who are coming and if so can they send it to me please as I will make a seeding list lol. And by that I mean will look through numerous tournament results etc to arrive at justice :confused: ?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You haven't annoyed me. I just don't understand your constant need to try to do so. It is disrespectful and I don't go around saying "so and so will beat you", why do you do it to me? I think it's pointless negative behaviour that the community doesn't need. Something worthy of Chrisboi in real life.

You don't know what I can and can't do seeing as my game has changed massively since we last played so don't bother commenting or you might end up looking really foolish :/
It's not disrespectful for people to say that they think someonelse is will beat someone, just proves you haven't left a big enough impact for people to think otherwise.
Why are you trying to insult Chrisboi's attitude, this community doesn't need people who choose to randomly insult people who are doing nothing wrong. It's pointless behaviour that the community doesn't need. Something worthy of being called bullying.

I know what you can do as seeing your game hasn't changed massively since we last played so don't bother replying or playing me of you might end up looking really foolish :/

hahaha we're travelling on the same coach as london

SUP LONDON
lool Jokes, so where will we be meeting you lot, are you coming to London Victoria or getting picked up from somewherelse.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Just to let you all know- I'll be arriving at Bolton station half past midnight (Friday night but technically saturday) I'm bringing a setup and my camera.

Look forward to seeing you all

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Sadly I cnt go got very little money 2 travel n I'm being serious anything more than a £10 is expensive so I really need 2 find away of makin money coz it's almost impossible 2 find a summer job orr part time at the moment =[ was lookin 4ward 2 playin u guys mayb in September/October coz I'll b in Staffordshire uni so cld travel further north n yes London lot this does mean my link in migrating lol anyway look 4ward 2 playin u guys sum other time

grayfox

Smash Champion
Think that number you posted for will is 1 digit longer than it should be, or the joe one is a digit shorter! anyways, heres my number

monty06

Smash Ace
hey i be arriving at

bolton
moor lane bus station, greater manchester 19:15

see ya guys tonight

L-J

Smash Ace
Me and Crabman shud be arriving at 12ish on Saturday just in time for the doubles: if we're running late I'll phone Joe or Will to let them know. We're also bringing one TV/setup just in case.

COEY

Smash Lord
ok is anyone coming and not on this list?

Charles
Edwin
Prof
Jam
Me
Joe
Ed
Ryan
Z
Bulletbill
Monty
Craiigg
L-J
Crabman
TC
Fiends Knee
Captain Smashie
Duncan
Aiko
Swizzy
Last Dragon

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
I'm really gutted, I found out not long ago that I actually could have made this, but due to the late timing, the weekend would cost like £100 and be stupid in terms of time arrangements, so I can not go. Sorry guys.

COEY

Smash Lord
rough seedings have been decided (just roughly splitting up peeps based on similar skills)

trains from horwich parkway to bolton

one at 19.27, dunno if youll make it

next one at 20.14 and another at 20.27

will text these to charles

Kone

Smash Master
will seedings for what? u dont need them for swiss? or are u running pools =(? i thought the idea behind running swiss was that it was to avoid pools when there are to few numbers and to many players around the same level. Seeding based on prior results in the current community is ****e imo.

COEY

Smash Lord
no swiss mate sorry for confusion joe has been posting on my profile.

Swiss and please bring your laptop if you can mate :)

Kone

Smash Master
ive no idea what u just said. are we running swiss or not lol? ill badly argue we shud do it like lol ;). itll not take much more time than pools and be alot more accurate. i dont want to play a tournament where i only get to play a handful of good players in a tournament setting. it blows

Almas

Smash Lord
Errr, I plan to come. I need to talk with one of you. About when to arrive and leave. But after that I'm good.

Just got back from holiday =).

COEY

Smash Lord
i meant im running swiss lol :p

yea that did make no sense now i read it.

almas when would you be arriving? where did you go on holiday?

Kone

Smash Master
almas -give joe or will a ring and theyll sort you out. numbers posted in this thread on last couple of pages i believe.

Almas

Smash Lord
Went to Norfolk with geeks.

I'd like to arrive today and leave on Sunday. But the times are completely open. So whenever is best for you, with a preference towards spending as much time there as possible. Gotta get my game up =).

Kone

Smash Master
will - yeay ^_____________________^ i did a load of reading on swiss and turns out we dont need to split into two leagues. you just run one big one and set it to 6 rounds, will generate accurate placings and be as quick as splitting into two leagues.

how many tvs we looking at btw? you have two? joe brining one? is ant brining one? lj is bringing one and im bringing 3. plus theres the one of mine at yours already....9.........^_^ awesome!

COEY

Smash Lord
joe and ant have already dropped off 2 tv's but unfortunately we cant use ants car anymore :(

they will be coming back round with the scots later.

almas arriving today and leaving sunday is fine just let me know times dude :)

Almas

Smash Lord
It'd be nice to know what times other people are coming/going, though, is my point ;p.

COEY

Smash Lord
most people are arriving at about 7 to 8 today i think. and leaving wise most ppl will be gone by early afternoon sunday i think

Almas

Smash Lord
Okay then, I'll arrive at Bolton Train Station at 7:30 today, and leave from it at 1:15 on Sunday. I'll be bringing a setup with Brawl+ in addition to normal stuff. I hope this rain clears up.

Kone

Smash Master
will - are you wanting me to get bbq food and bring a disposable bbq? wont fit my good bbq in the car. i dont care if its raining, ill wear my waterproofs and umbrella and cook in your yard LOL

Top Bottom