• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDB NW Presents: SHS1, Bolton, 18th July.

Kone

Smash Master
Pro - lol @ kman. he aint done fook all and doesnt quite fit mate ;) doesnt match up to most our team. Also, last who? gutting to be honest.

You should learn some melee history lad. Charles has became the new doug, hats of to him. Outside of that you've placed top three consistantly. However, top three has also been claimed by jam, VA, Z, reacher, myself, and maybe orgre/chrisboi/edwin once? Outside of top three from fourth to 7th its always non londoners.

Look at GGT2 results.

London aint half as good as u think ;) plus, frost doesnt move anymore and kman dont play! whys chrisboi not coming to this btw?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Pro - lol @ kman. he aint done fook all and doesnt quite fit mate ;) doesnt match up to most our team. Also, last who? gutting to be honest.

You should learn some melee history lad. Charles has became the new doug, hats of to him. Outside of that you've placed top three consistantly. However, top three has also been claimed by jam, VA, Z, reacher, myself, and maybe orgre/chrisboi/edwin once? Outside of top three from fourth to 7th its always non londoners.

Look at GGT2 results.

London aint half as good as u think ;) plus, frost doesnt move anymore and kman dont play! whys chrisboi not coming to this btw?
I do know a bit about the UK smash history and about doug, i'm not gonna go out of my way to learn what happened init cos I know the important stuff and it's done and times have past and really it's not that important anymore lol.

Top three was NEVER claimed by Chrisboi lol, and why does it matter who used to be claimed top three anyway since I don't think I was talking about that lol:confused:, I still think the top 5 are all londoners anyway but let me play all of you non londoners at this event and see if you are really underestimated as you imply you are and I will continue to construct mine and the top londoners personal list of the placing of the top people in the UK

But in all honestly I haven't been massively threatened by anything I have seen outside of London except for Zeppo and I beat him. So all of you outside of London better step it up at this event.

I don't think Chrisboi can be bothered to come to this which is what he said the last time we spoke lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
WOWWWW lool you're coming.
What about Gants though have you spoke to him about coming?
Btw you're in our crew battle btw, you prob seen the list in the earlier posts, just **** whoever you get sent out to play, nothing to worry about really.

Kone

Smash Master
www.megabus.com book the friday coach at 2.30 and the sunday returning at 7.35. i believe they are the same buses that the rest of the londoners are taken. will be £20. boook london to bolton

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well I have still played him before, plus watched him play on livestream when he was playing Charles so I know what level he is at and from what I saw and a few things Charles said I think it's very likely I will beat him in a tournament.
He is good though, I just think I will take him in a tournament.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Aye you've not played me! Just a word of warning, last time I played Frostbyte, which was the tourney he won, I was the one of only 2 people to get a game off of him, the other being my tag partner! Only other time I played him was when I beat him in pools at some point :S As for Charles, last tourney was the first time he'd beaten me. And I've not ran into any other London big names, not surprising, as they never come to tourneys!!!

Pretty confident that the top 8 will only feature 2 Londoners hoho.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
As the only person to ever 4 stock charles in the finals I think it's obvious who the second best uk melee player is :confused:

grayfox

Smash Champion
Wow that's a good point :confused: actually seeing as you won, it means your actually the best.

Another note, Z 4 stocked Frostbyte. And made Edwin cry.

Kone

Smash Master
I aint trying not to say pro is second best, think he is. Just saying that the rest of london outside of him and charles are as good as the rest of the uk i.e. the sdb lot i named. I think there ae matchups there that either side would take (esp since alot of them havent ever played each other).

In my last three tourneys ive been put out in losers by jam. I really really hope that doenst happen here :/

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys cant come job interview but last dragon will represent my true power...
p.s bullet bill will have to wait a month or so for the humiliation

Jolteon

Wow that's a good point :confused: actually seeing as you won, it means your actually the best.

Another note, Z 4 stocked Frostbyte. And made Edwin cry.
Then Z is definitely a notable third, after myself and Charles. You make a good point about me being the best. :026:

I aint trying not to say pro is second best, think he is. Just saying that the rest of london outside of him and charles are as good as the rest of the uk i.e. the sdb lot i named. I think there ae matchups there that either side would take (esp since alot of them havent ever played each other).

In my last three tourneys ive been put out in losers by jam. I really really hope that doenst happen here :/
Who was talking about Professor Scrub? :confused:

grayfox

Smash Champion
Yeah I agree with Ed. Top of London play is at the top of the UK, but London play isn't as strong together, no way the claim of all the top 5 being Londoners is true!

Also thats whats pretty cool about the Swiss thing, Can't run into someone and go out after 2 games. Jam usually ****s up brackets by getting put into the losers bracket early anyways lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
booked now...
YES lol!!!

haha next time I''l ave ya. you're not Mr Pro though so it's all good :laugh:

Last dragon- 50p mm?
What you mean he is not Mr Pro :confused: lol
Why 50p, do it £1 atleast, Last Dragon will win anyway:).

Yeah I agree with Ed. Top of London play is at the top of the UK, but London play isn't as strong together, no way the claim of all the top 5 being Londoners is true!
Well I think I can say that the top 3 are Me, Fuzzyness and Edwin but you will see at this event anyway.

Kone

Smash Master
last dragon - awesome, sort gants out.

Ben - Who are crab man and lj? have I met them and where are they travelling from?

Pro - we will see :)

VA

Smash Hero
London being top 5 is lol. I accept that Charles and Pro are decent, Edwin at a push but no one from London is in the top 5 at all. It's just a big joke and it's very funny! haha. Especially discounting myself and Z, I've placed top 5 in every tournament since CHJ and Z has placed 2nd at every tournament except GGT2! Just a big bunch of jokers the london lot hahahaha plus Jam is freaking **** and got 4th at GGT2!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
London being top 5 is lol. I accept that Charles and Pro are decent, Edwin at a push but no one from London is in the top 5 at all. It's just a big joke and it's very funny! haha. Especially discounting myself and Z, I've placed top 5 in every tournament since CHJ and Z has placed 2nd at every tournament except GGT2! Just a big bunch of jokers the london lot hahahaha plus Jam is freaking **** and got 4th at GGT2!
agreed

Ed- LJ is a fox player who went to GG2 I think, he also got 5th at phantom hits.

Crabman is a guy I used to play as he was doing his 1st year at southampton until he moved back home which is in surrey I think. He's a pretty decent fox player

grayfox

Smash Champion
OMFGGGGGGG I bet I'm gonna get loads of messages at once repeating the same thing in this, I keep getting a white "your message can't be delivered as some ****ehole is missing" error.

For the third time, I agree with Robby 100%. Charles and Pro have proven themselves consistantly, but the rest of London hasn't even turned up consistantly.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Pro - we will see :)
Yes we will see lol.

agreed

Ed- LJ is a fox player who went to GG2 I think, he also got 5th at phantom hits.

Crabman is a guy I used to play as he was doing his 1st year at southampton until he moved back home which is in surrey I think. He's a pretty decent fox player
Why are you even mentioning LJ lol. He did good at the ranbat and was pretty technical but when I played him at Ranbat but i 4 stocked him and destroyed him when I played him, he defintely isn't even top 15.

Don't be upset that the Londoners are **** baby lol.
Edwin is defo top 5, it is a maybe that the other top people (Chrisboi, Frostbyte) are top 5 but 3/5 of the top 5 are Londoners and you will see it at this event, well others will since I can't **** you since you won't be there. I would have loved to see edwin destroy you along with Chrisboi, cos I pretty much know they would.
Jam is alright but I don't think he is top 5 from what I seen and what I was told, just cos you had a really close game with him not everyone will :)
The power of London is amazing, remember we can take out the entire community outside of London :bee:!!!!

lol? I hope that wink meant you were joking.
No, it means that PH, wasn't a serious tournament due 2 the players that arrived so the placing or people becomes pretty much irrelevant.

Kone

Smash Master
lol pro maybe london should organise a tournament WITH housing then we can see how good london actually is.

Dont think im going to be entering doubles. Will or Joe if you read this then go ahead and run doubles early on sat if you want. I aint going to get there till 12ish, then ill set up the tvs im brining and sort out the laptop with swiss league and DE bracket. Going to have to use two different programs. Also, think it'd be best to run one big league. Makes tournament organisation i,e, tv running easier.

If you start doubles early then time be fine. Ill simulate how long itll take tonight.

VA

Smash Hero
like I said you londoners are very funny. I would never lose to chrisboi, I beat him in a marth ditto MM last I heard. you guys are just too much xD

Jolteon

To be fair you did lose to him quite badly in crews, not as a measure of him being better than you but I think a large percent of the smash community underestimates chrisboi because loads of people take the piss out of him and I dont really think thats fair.

grayfox

Smash Champion
ROFL TC firing in with a heart felt defense. No idea why I found that post so funny, endearing fellow.

1 league sounds better, hopefully time isn't an issue. I'd mostly want 1 league so the inevitable Johns of being in the broken side can pipe down. It would be very difficult to balance each one perfectly so that getting, say, 5th in one of the Swiss leagues was worth exactly as 5th in the other.

Top Bottom