• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit - MAY 30th! M2K is coming!! (new rules front page)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
This tourney had its up and downs. Moooooostly downs. Anyway, shoutouts.

Sheridan: I like my hat way too much to bet it in a MM.
Grila: We need to practice our teams matches for Genesis. It's too bad we didn't enter doubles at this lol
Ekoli: How you gonna say anything about how I did against M2K when you got JV 5 stocked XD
TAI: GGs, that may be the last time I play you for a while since you're going back to Arizona for Devastation soon D=
Ghad: We both sportin' those painted controllers now. We should swap our top/bottom shell.
Mike: You got there so late but at least you avoided having to sit there during the stupid power outage.
Gsub: I think I'm finally learning that Jiggs match-up =D
Jayson: We gotta do our MM some other time
Connor: That line in the morning was like a sign of things to come >_<
Zhu: Man, I was really looking forward to you vs M2K D=
Mango: If the Magic were good at basketball like you are good at Melee, they would actually have a chance against the lakers.
HugS: I wish the tourney had ran fast so I could've played you after you were done with Brawl
Kurohito: Thanks so much for the Shell, it looks so good and it feels so nice.
SENG: Oh, so you're seng. My bad lol
Boback: Thanks for golding Genesis pre-registration
Norcal and other who came a long way: It was nice to see you all and I feel bad for you guys.
Everyone else: GGs and it was nice seeing you all
Anyone I'm forgetting: Sorry =(
Devastation is in like, 3 weeks, buddy.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Br00tal

So glad I didn't stick around for singles lol
Although the conditions for the tourney were terrible ( no offense claire/alex) it was SOOOOOOO GOOD SEEING THE OLDSCHOOL SMASHERS THERE. Not many of us are around anymore!

HUGS, GABE, PANDA!!! PBODY, PALMDALE, ALEX, CLAIRE, WOLF, ROMEO, EDREES, KNIVES...<3 YOU ALL. That was the highlight of the day catching up with you all. All the homies gotta play some poker asap. Keep in touch all, luv u guys.

Shoutouts:
Mango- you have eliminated me out of winners bracket for dubs the last 7 tournies lol...fml.
Connor- lets start teaming again...always...for reals. We wreck.
Bone- sexy beast, grow more beard homie. play melee more please.
Rickety- ur too nice for doing melee bracket for a bit lol...<3 u. play melee with 760 more 2!
CV Smashers- good ****, always chill seeing u guys
Fabian- Where u at?! U are a hoe.

Mewtwo *****.

Alex/Claire call me to kick it.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
despite get ****ed by electricity shutting down a room with 25+ tvs and ultimately starting/ending the tournament into the day after, this tourney wasn't that bad

i got to play with a whole bunch of people and it was a really awesome experience

A little story for those who weren't there or for those who might have heard it:

Remember when m2k was playing friendlies sets right after teams? remember when it got to my turn and kouryuu yelled out to the crowd

"Hey no sets guys. No one wants to see scrubs play. Who would even want to watch scrubs play sets with m2k? Only good notable players should be allowed to have sets"

LOL

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
man. starting the tournament at 3 was NOT legit

i wish we were not lazy and more organized so we could have moved it to someones house like cams or boss'

but despite the **** that happened i had a lot of fun

and i called in sick so im still in a good mood

shoutouts:
boback- for wobbling connor
oscar- for peeing in a public place
kfc- for being awesome

jkun- too much fun mm-ing
jdm, brian- playing in tourney was a blast for me
sandy- teams was not legit :(

805- we **** too hard
norcal- i love seeing you guys
SD- good seeing you too
many other people- a lot of other peeps were a big deal to see hang out with, but i wanna keep these short

you ****

hey socal sheiks lets hang out so i can learn this ****ing match up

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Remember when m2k was playing friendlies sets right after teams? remember when it got to my turn and kouryuu yelled out to the crowd

"Hey no sets guys. No one wants to see scrubs play. Who would even want to watch scrubs play sets with m2k? Only good notable players should be allowed to have sets"

LOL
LMAO! To think you actually remembered. Didn't know you'd get butthurt over it. But then you are a little sensitive *****.

Zoap

Smash Master
My car made it home(the norcal car that wasnt housing anywhere and going straight through) so no worries there.

As to the splitting, it only applies to brawl, as with splitting the rankings would be inaccurate for the final tournament, aka no one gives a **** if the melee peeps split.

I <3 Mango

Zhu I wouldnt of split with you :)

I <3 805

Major thanks to Luigi, once again this beast of a man came through with housing for us, and he is hella good at melee.

Mango sucks at seeding though...

JDM

Smash Champion
Thank you for everybody that came up to me and tried to make me feel better about my awful disease(Kouryuu, Plan 9, TGL, HMW, Lovage, Tofu etc). I'm sorry that I couldn't properly say goodbye to everyone after my match cause I just wanted to get the **** out of there.

Shoutouts in no order:

Brendan "Stimpy": HELLA RANDOM MUCH!? Thanks for the ride home and dinner. Don't know if I'll go to Evo yet. I'll get good at Melee someday just for you.
JKun: We went "2-2" in doubles. Where are my free drinks/anything at?
Romeo: Amazing hair.
Mango: *****.
Bone / Pit: Had fun playing doubles friendlies with you before the power went out.
Sherigami: Cute hat.
Pnoy: Good **** for your placing. It was all Jasons fault.
The Great Leon: Random stages didn't like me at all. First battlefield then Yoshi's Story? :( I seriously don't know who to use vs Marth. Irvine help me.
M2K: It was a blast to play one of my favorite smash players even though I got *****.
SuperRad: Thats what happens when I just get done from playing M2K lol jk.
nealdt: Tio got ****ed up really bad with our doubles matches. When me and Jason got knocked down to the losers bracket in round one our names didnt show up where it was suppost to be. Jasons name was also shown up as a single player on the top of the doubles brackets all alone and Dantefox's team had 2 teams brackets sets in losers. Where you at?
Dantefox: I didn't know you had a puff.
KFC: I really wanted to play you but I didn't know what you looked like :(.
Plan 9: Are you okay?
Julian Zhuuuuuuuuuuuuuu: Good job getting 3rd.
Chizzle/Hybrid/Seng/Lmnz/Noble Nathaniel/Rei/Stab: Good to see you guys.
Melee Community: 80+ people? **** were ****.

See you guys after my schools done. I can't wait till Summer.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok time for shoutouts

JDM - Thanks for teaming with me we went 2-2 LOL I'll get your drink ***** when you go to more tournaments lol
Kira - thanks for the drive to get some lunch
Smoke2joints - Next time we'll MM for sure =(
HugS & Romeo - Still funny as hell
KFC - Thanks for the tips (no pun intended) in Marth ditto and good **** for getting top 10
Zhu, Connor Cam, & Jenny - sorry i didn't go out to get dinner with you guys
Mccain - Good **** in singles
Pnoy, Maple, ChizzleSD, and SD - hella fun
Laser Camp by a Nipple - **** that a cool name i wonder who made that up?
Stabbedbyanipple - next time for sure btw my name is jason not jayson LMAO
Nor Cal - hella fun and hella good
MikeHAZE - I see what you did in the bush
SuperRAD - next time we'll mm for 2 bucks
Nasty Nate - Too nasty to say anything
Mango - why are you so ****ed up to M2K?
M2K - I wish i can play with you more
Plan 9 - MM me in KOF
Great Leon - yup too much fun in the MM
Lovage, Pat, Joe, Lucky, & 12 - I wish i could play with you guys
Kouryuu - teach me the peach match up please =(
Seng, Lemon, Wasabi - we didn't even get to play each other

JDM

Smash Champion
OKAEEEEEEEE JASON. Telling me to go to more tournaments when I have a ****ing rock up my ****.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Shoutouts:

M2k: Good stuff, too good, good ****, etc etc. See you at Devastation

Mango: Good stuff, too good, good ****, etc etc. See you soon (or not, but in few weeks at latest)

Zhu: Good stuff, too good, good ****, etc etc. Shine usmash *****

Connor/Boback: A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A dsmash

Cameron/Jenny: Thank you so much for all the stuff you've done for me in the past few days. Letting me
stay over, driving me, and other things. You guys are amazing.

Kira: You'll get them next time

Venue: Step it up

Joe: Sorry for being somewhat of a disappointment when we played at night; I'm really inconsistent
(especially in certain matchups like Fox dittos) and I'll step it up for next time.

Lovage/Atlus: PIZZZAAAAA

Pat: Melee community too good

KFC: You're really good and were pretty cool to play/talk to. Haha, "baby Zhu"

Waffles: I was glad to help by letting you borrow my splitters. <33 your YouTube channel. It's better than mine =[

Stab: Stop headbanging when you play

mikeHAZE: I didn't get JV5ed by M2k LMAO

That guy that got JV5ed by M2k: You got JV5ed

Final Destination: I know you love Mew2king alot.

Kouryuu: You're right; hugs > handshakes/bumps

Knivez: I love your hands

MacD: Thanks

Random acknowledgements: Futile, Romeo

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Gosu engineer: thanks for the food and for letting me stay at your place to rest.

Guy from Texas: Wow you're so funny and cool lol. feel free to stop by in santa barbara to hang out anytime.

Nasty Nate: It was a pleasure mm you and I'd be glad to play you again.

Mango: Way to run the brackets and essentially save the melee tourney from failure. We probably would've gone as long as brawl did if it weren't for you taking initiative and announcing matches and DQing people for not showing up.

Andrej if you're reading this: don't get discouraged lol I hope your first big tournament didn't disappoint you too much. I was so proud of you when you wobbled Mew2king lol.

Josh: You don't visit the boards why would I give you shoutout lol. (Thanks for everything anyway).

Futile: Next time. Oh, and your set with Boback was so much fun to watch lol. The hype was hilarious and amazing.

M2k: You. are. freaking. beastly. Nuff said

Jun: Thanks for letting me spend the night. It was great fun.

Nezumi/ DSF: Thanks for hosting this.

Eric: Ya dirty pirate! Beat Megaman 9! lol

KFC: Sorry I didn't mm you. By the time I figured out who you were at the venue it was late and I was almost ready to leave. If we are ever at the same tournament I will ask you for sure though. Btw nice marth, it reminds me of Ken.

Everyone else: The melee community *****.

Lovage

Smash Hero
pretty crummy tournament!!
i had a great time in teams, me and joe played really well in most of the matches and we had great opponents so that fun.

atlus + tai - pizza mia's omfg so good

brandon - my homie. you were ****** so hard at this tournament..i saw you vs. KFC third match....that's all im gonna say..

phil - haha cheering with/against you for matches is too fun. see you soon

kfc - you're so good!!!!!! i want to play you more, you're a really cool guy. ill teach you how to do the platform drop like a PRO

**** i got bored of writing shout outs
so im gonna go and play fox dittos with pat

GGS

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Dont be gettin at mah boy Mikey.

Just cuz hes an ******* doesnt mean he isnt cool.

Adams pretty cool.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Videos are coming. I only have Brawl ones though.
The reason there was no livestream was because there was no internet there, not because we didn't have the stuffs.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i forgot 2 shoutouts

Awex: for teaching me the most fun drawing game ever

and

praxis

for making me look like a noob when i was trashing brawl and brawl+

who knew brawl+ didnt have wavedashing and lcanceling

EDIT

OH AND SOME *****ES OWE ME HELLA GAS MONEY
im on E

Atlus8

Smash Master
By far one of the worst tournaments ever.
THANK YOOOOOOUUU! Pat and Lovage said this tourny was not that bad! F**k them! However, I still give MAJOR props to Nezumi/DSF (and Mango I guess) for running this tourny all the way through!

I got home around 8:30 am.
Holy s#!+! Pat, Lovage and I had already been asleep nice and comfortable at that time! :)

Lovage

Smash Hero
even tho nezumi/dsf did they best with what they could, the tourny still sucked ****. the people (melee community, norcal, san diego) are still amazing and there were really good matches (darell vs. kouryuu, futile vs. boback, m2k vs mango)

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
yeah this is the first SCSA(and last) that I went to. It was ok after the power went up, but it still didn't make up for the hours of downtime

sidefx

Smash Champion
even tho nezumi/dsf did they best with what they could, the tourny still sucked ****. the people (melee community, norcal, san diego) are still amazing and there were really good matches (darell vs. kouryuu, futile vs. boback, m2k vs mango)
man.. that set was ****ing so nerve wracking..

i turned around for a half second.. and bam.. like 30 people watching the match.

how the **** do you people play with pressure?? god **** i choked so hard.. =\\\ good **** though futile

<3 connor

DanteFox

Smash Champion
and of all the matches to hype up, why futile vs boback? I'm just curious as a relative newbie to the tournament scene. Is there some kind of rivalry between the two, or was it just a socal vs norcal thing?

sidefx

Smash Champion
i dunno really, i guess its just norcal supporting norcal, and socal supporting socal, and he pretty much ***** me 2nd match. momentum train ftw

edit: meant 3rd match, not 2nd

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
that boback vs connor match was sooo gay... i think I was the only one watching it though

connor-why did you counterpick corneria?

Of all the tourneys that could make you serious, why this one? XD
I've kind of had the drive to get really good for a while but didn't honor it. For some reason now I just want to **** everyone...

P- we seriously need to play a lot this week

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I think the tournament scene can learn a lot from the parts of this tourney
1. Is your venue the right size?
2. Can your venue support all the tv's you have? Are they not hooked up all to one outlet?
3. Crowd Control, is it easy to move through the venue? Are the setups placed so that people can watch easily?
4. Is everyone playing their matches? Are there places to play friendlies? Are friendlies going on when there are tourney matches to play?

Some stuff got a little out of control, but the venue size plus people being pissed off at the power outage through everything off.

Props to DSF/Nezumi for getting it done though.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
this tourney was run hella wack lol

ok shoutouts time

brandan- only reason i beat u is because u didnt chain grab me. i know we're good friends but stop sandbagging on me -_- and grats on beating lucky, i wanted to play him. but instead i had to play u... again! see u next time ur in modesto

tee aye eye- yay i met a celebrity! ur tech skill is too good. come to cali more =]

lovage- i still cant do the shield+drop through platform 100% like you do, i need to practice it more lol. ur tech skill is hella good, like a baby mew2king

smoke2jointz- ur smashboards name made me think ur like a ghetto guy who smokes weed alot, but nah lol ur hella freaking good. one of the fastest falcons i ever played. i shouldnt have underestimated u! grats on winning our money match =D

falcomist- thanks for always cheering me on during my tournament matches. it really helps! u should have entered tho.

jkun- i was gonna go fox the entire tournament but when u told me that u really like my marth, it inspired me to use marth the entire tournament. so yeah lol thanks. and we should play more.

zoap- good matches. ur **** talk is too funny. "socal doesnt know about samus 2002!"

zhu- good matches, our tourney set was hella legit. ill get u next time. your set with mew2king was nuts. you're amazing!

mew2king- the way you play is so mean LOL. needle needle needle tilt bthrow gimp! the skill gap between us still remains the same from when we played at 0c3. aka you ***** me equally hard in 2007 and now lol

mango- you speak too loud on the intercom foo. i took a match off you. get ***** by norcals #13th!!!

anybody else i forgot- sorry i didnt get much sleep so u passed my mind

oh and the random cute girls that were watching/playing brawl matches- Suddenly i dont think brawl is such a bad game. im gonna start playing in now!

Top Bottom