• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit - MAY 30th! M2K is coming!! (new rules front page)

DJMirror

Smash Master
O___o...I just notice it now lol well the original plan was to host the tournament at IVC in the gameroom but you need student ID to get in the gameroom

JDM

Smash Champion
I'm sure he would help with something. And weren't you gonna sig something that I said today.?

BeamSwordMaster

Smash Cadet
I would like to attend this tournament to prove my worth (and money match everybody). However, I have previous engagements that will not be broken so easily.

PMS is akin to a female dog in the literary sense.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I would like to attend this tournament to prove my worth (and money match everybody). However, I have previous engagements that will not be broken so easily.

PMS is akin to a female dog in the literary sense.
MM Me for 3 bucks, my marth vs whatever your main

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Wow its so close now lol
and it ends early so I can make it to the UFC fight afterwards =]
Anyone wanna MM?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i guess

$5 sheik ditto (i'd prefer no cg, but if you insist on it, i'm ok with cging), $5 sheik (me) vs marth?

i quit my old main and am just easing into the new one, so i fully expect to get whomped, but no pain no gain -_-

find me any time later in the day (i.e. after I've played my pool if there are pools, or after i've been KO'd from brackets if it's just that)

edit: anyone else, i'll mm you for $1-5 if you don't use fox or falco in the set, or $1 if you do use fox or falco

2/3 or 3/5 your choice, same rules as whatever the tournament will have (concerning stages, bans, resets, whatever)

just find me at the venue; i won't remember anything i've set up in advance, and limit only once per customer (unless i win, in which case i'll give you double or nothing if you want)

Celph

Smash Journeyman
i guess

$5 sheik ditto (i'd prefer no cg, but if you insist on it, i'm ok with cging), $5 sheik (me) vs marth?
I prefer no chain grabbing too; I just include it every now and then just to make sure I never mess it up when it counts.

Both are fine. And since people keep *****ing at me as to why I don't use CPs in money matches, feel free to use CPs if you want.

i won't remember anything i've set up in advance
How much weed do you smoke, dude?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think cp stages in char-specific MMs is gay

like zoap offering to MM my ICs then taking me to poke floats

it should be allowed in general "me vs you" mm's though, but i'll probably stick to neutrals for these mms

as far as not remembering i'm pretty bad with names, especially with people i don't actually know (which will be like 90% of socal), so i'm not going to go around asking "hey do you guys know who player X is?" and then after finding them, go through the whole "are you player X? we have a money match!" thing

i'd rather they do it for me, and honestly i'm fine with not MM-ing at all -_-

embracethe12

Smash Lord
i guess

i quit my old main and am just easing into the new one, so i fully expect to get whomped, but no pain no gain -_-

find me any time later in the day (i.e. after I've played my pool if there are pools, or after i've been KO'd from brackets if it's just that)

edit: anyone else, i'll mm you for $1-5 if you don't use fox or falco in the set, or $1 if you do use fox or falco

2/3 or 3/5 your choice, same rules as whatever the tournament will have (concerning stages, bans, resets, whatever)

just find me at the venue; i won't remember anything i've set up in advance, and limit only once per customer (unless i win, in which case i'll give you double or nothing if you want)
pocky i'll mm you,
5$ sheik vs anything
5$ ice climbers vs anything (but ice climbers :O)

JDM

Smash Champion
I think you should tell the match caller that you're in another match and they will just call a different match.

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
Kay just a few things everyone:

1. RESPECT the house - The midwest house is doing us a huge favor by letting us use their place so please be courteous and respectful to them and their home. They have a carpet situation so shoes will have to be removed at the door when you are in doors. No destroying furniture or punching holes through walls or doors please. This was a last minute burden to throw on them so we are incredibly grateful they could help us out, and hope you are grateful too, cause without them SCSA would have probably had to have been postponed. So show your appreciation by not destroying things and respecting their simple rules. This isn't like mana's house where there are $10,000 dollar fish swimming around that you'll get banned for if you look at them. It's simple. No shoes, and no destroying crap. Thanks! And if we do see any distruction of property or things of that nature you are subject to be DQd from all tournament events and forced to leave. Thank you everyone for your cooperation.

2. Throw away your trash - If you're gonna bring food etc. in, please do EVERYONE a favor and throw your sht away. That rule basically goes for any venue. No one wants to clean up after your mess.

3. Don't worry about the schedule - We've got everything under control. YES, we are starting 3 events all at 12:00pm. But we're pro like that. Again, don't bother showing up late. We will not take late sign ups. only players who are only entering melee singles can show up slightly later.

4. We're trying to make this run quickly and efficiently with no problems, so we're asking for everyones help in not slowing down the tournament. That means no property destruction, no friendlies on tournament TVs, and PLEASE please please please report your matches (melee kids especially, and I say this because at the last SCSA no one reported their melee matches.)

5. There will be food nearby, and food being sold at the venue. Again, please throw away your trash. There will be trash cans available all around. Don't leave your empty soda cans and junk all around (No Johns.)

We are expecting a large turnout regardless of the last minute venue change. There are many out of staters who we anticipate seeing as well as our friends in nor cal! Thank you everyone for your help and understanding through all of this. Looking forward to seeing everyone on saturday!

Top Bottom