• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Combos with traps and reads in them are cool. Falcon chaining uairs into knees is boring. Rather see smooth and highly efficient movement

Windrose

Smash Lord
it's all the unorthodox/non standard combos that are the coolest. these usually come from mindgames, great reads with good option select and coming to Impulse: Canada's first international melee tournament. Be there for free bagged milk. (ft. Armada)

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Oh irony, you sweet goddess.
In a fight between Crush and Sveet, I will always side with Crush.

it's all the unorthodox/non standard combos that are the coolest. these usually come from mindgames, great reads with good option select and coming to Impulse: Canada's first international melee tournament. Be there for free bagged milk. (ft. Armada)
Holy **** that was smooth.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah it was very tragic, I saw it on Facebook. I'll throw up an RIP for him on the thread title.

Is there any reason to use this thread to talk about Falcon? S2J's is way better LOOOL

Scar

#HarveyDent
maybe i will. can anyone else do it? lol I'm more interested in the new ruleset idea and creating a framework to improve tournament organizing

gravy

Smash Ace
I hope so. Falcon needs to win a national, and improving everyone's tech skill is definitely a step in the right direction.

:phone:

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I'd consider it if I had any kind of recording equipment. Many people learn best through video tutorials, rather than me going into detail about how to do a certain tactic.

Also, there are A LOT of moves that people could need help on, so a guide on all of them would take some time.

Unless people just come in and ask how to practice, say, instant Uairs, and then the OP could be updated with a guide for that.

Just some ideas.

gravy

Smash Ace
I think an interesting idea is to make a list of combos or actions that would string together various techniques that range from a novice to expert level, so that one could progress through these combos while practicing fluently stringing things they had learned together.

Scar

#HarveyDent
It would be really helpful to all work together to create the guidelines first. If I have to do all of this, it's likely that it'll take (additional) years to finish, but if most of the things are laid out for me, and I can talk to Hax and Johnny and other awesome Falcon board members, we can actually move on this and create the content you're looking for.

Scar

#HarveyDent
LOL

2012 is the year of the falcon. The Scar comeback has already begun. It could mean the beginning of a new trilogy...

gravy

Smash Ace
Scar, let me know if I can help in any way, I'm willing to put in whatever work I need to and work with whoever I need to to get stuff done.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Gravy and all, would people be willing to start looking for things while watching vids? For example, we had the question of "does falcon's perfect nair to jab work?" in other words, if falcon doesn't space nair properly, but perfectly hits the bottom of the opponent's shield, and jabs frame perfectly, can it be shield grabbed?

what i'd like to do is have everyone think about it for maybe a week or two, and if you find any videos of this happening, link to it so we can compare them all and find out what the difference is.

Right now everyone's leaning towards a really funny conclusion: ledgehop nair jab works most of the time (90%+), but SHFFL nair jab doesn't really work (maybe 50% of the time), and is usually only working because the opponent messed up

this could help us refine what we want to start practicing, because if it actually always works, then nair jab or nair grab can be an important mixup and ultimately change the way that we space nairs

Top Bottom