• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Divinokage

Smash Legend
your motivation was crushed?

and yeah i lose to people i dont think i should lose to sometimes a good solution to this problem is create something i like to call the vengeance list where you put them on it and you cant take their name off it until you get revenge.
That you like to call? Bro, I've been doing that since I existed.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I actually think that's an interesting topic, because the nature of our favorite character is to either **** people up or get ****ed up. Sometimes it makes you nervous when its like last stock last game and the opponent starts to string together some hits. I'd love to know how the pros manage to just come back and **** **** up, I just choke in those situations lol.

0Room

Smash Lord
Tourney nerves are definitely a problem
I had an issue with them yesterday

CF is definitely a momentum character and believing that you can do it [and then actually doing it, which seems to be my problem atm] is absolutely crucial
But then again that's kind of every character

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I'm getting in control of them and am starting to pull off really beast combos in tourney now, but I sometimes get them when I'm like 2 stocks down on the finalgame, or it's last stock last game and I get combod. Nerves kick in and finish me off in those cases lol.

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I actually think that's an interesting topic, because the nature of our favorite character is to either **** people up or get ****ed up. Sometimes it makes you nervous when its like last stock last game and the opponent starts to string together some hits. I'd love to know how the pros manage to just come back and **** **** up, I just choke in those situations lol.
You have to keep your cool, or you will die definitely. If you are at a disadvantage then just like PP says it's time for you to tighten your style and turn it up. Now, as to how to do that.. well.. I think it's about focus and not letting anything affect you mentally, you have to be able to stick to your gameplan or try to find holes in your opponents play and exploit him, just watch what your opponent does carefully and punish properly. If you lose your cool, I mean you'll end up freezing, doing dumb things.. etc. Just think like every stock you have is a new game and you aren't actually losing or winning, just think of using your tools to crush your opponent in anyway that you can think of. I think that's a good way to approach something like this.

0Room

Smash Lord
Exactly what Kage said. I'm uploading some videos soon and you'll see where I'm at one stock and my opponent is at 3 high percent
So I finish off the stock and take them down to my level

You've gotta tighten it up rather than freak out. I never think of the games as a set, or who's winning or losing, only this moment and this hit and this set up
If you think "I'm going to lose if I miss this" then you will.

D

Deleted member

the key is to not think the opponent is better than you or you will play thinking ur supposed to lose

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think you are correct to a certain extent S2j. When I play people I know are better than me, I am still trying, and I still get pissed when I lose. When I am playing anyone I always value them as an opponent so I hope to never get into the mindset of "Why am i losing to this person?!?! he sucks" at that point, I will just start playing worse cause I am in a negative mindset.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
confidence vs. performance is like a bell curve. if you're really confident you'll do your best, but there's a point where you're instead starting to get cocky and you perform worse because you don't think you need to do your best to win.

find that confidence level & play at it

D

Deleted member

I think you are correct to a certain extent S2j. When I play people I know are better than me, I am still trying, and I still get pissed when I lose. When I am playing anyone I always value them as an opponent so I hope to never get into the mindset of "Why am i losing to this person?!?! he sucks" at that point, I will just start playing worse cause I am in a negative mindset.
on the flip side, i also give everyone except kage a lot of credit. you will see me **** people with no remorse (except people who will quit the game if i **** them or casual players) because **** happens in smash so I minimize the already 1% chance someone has to beat me

yesterday at tourneyplay, I double 4 stocked some 13 yr old kid in front of his family while his dad was taking pictures and he was ****ed so hard he left without getting his controller and shaking my hand

==
looking at ur response its like 20% related to what i said lol. whatever

0Room

Smash Lord
confidence vs. performance is like a bell curve. if you're really confident you'll do your best, but there's a point where you're instead starting to get cocky and you perform worse because you don't think you need to do your best to win.

find that confidence level & play at it
That's kind of like social facilitation

The idea that if it's a well learned/practiced action, people watching you/your own thoughts will increase how well you do
But if it's a difficult action then people talking to you/your own thoughts will make you perform worse

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I ~_~ and don't give a ****

Man that poor 13 year old kid
Maybe he should be playing Brawl if he can't handle the **** in Melee

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_>

I've actually seen s2j hand out praise before. It's just he's not going to hand it out to everybody and their mother 'cause it's something you have to earn.

inb4 Kage says something humanistic or before he says that s2j doesn't have enough clout skill-wise to be reticent in that regard.

Smooth Criminal

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Who the **** is 0room and why do I give a ****. Ladies and gentlemen, the new Walt.

Looked at some NorCal results last night. I take it all back Walt, there is no way I can keep up with a guy who goes 0-2 in the all mighty region of NorCal. I have to back down here, I'm too outclassed.

if you were ever to come here you would prob be in for quite the surprise

Palpi

Smash Hero
The thing that sucks about crew battles no side has all of their top players. Like at last apex WC wasn't very strong, and at genesis, East coast wasn't very strong. :awesome:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
S2j is secretly a 9001 out of 10 on the homie scale, he just wants ya'll *****s to get ur act together and start rapeing everyone you play vs.

We miss u bobby.

blindfreak9

Smash Cadet
I have recently picked up falcon... but i am having the same problem as guts-rage and i can't moonwalk. can anyone record them moonwalking from a controller view in slow-motion so i can understand what really goes on?

Walt

Smash Ace
it's just moving the control stick from one side of the circle to the other around the bottom rim. it just takes practice and doing it faster. however, just learn to play better. seriously. moonwalking isn't that great.

Top Bottom