• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
And what's that reason?
Go read what I quoted from you.

"I could've beaten him, but..."

No johns. You got *****. It's ironic, considering you're supposed to be the direct embodiment of a warrior, but instead of accepting defeat, and striving to break through plateaus, you simply say:

Way better than me? I can defeat anyone if I want to, at my will. My will was simply not strong enough to beat you at the time.
No. S2J is a phenomenal player that did work at Genesis 2, he was the highest placing Falcon. That is not a coincidence, he's that good.

I'm a huge fan of your Ganondorf, Kage, but your approach was simply in poor taste.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Kage, if you can beat anyone when you want to, why don't you just always choose to beat people, and become the best in the world?

Or are you already the best in the world, and it is only through your gracious warrior kindness that anyone else ever wins tournaments?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Maybe a little more.. =) But all this could be all a huge mindgame. I'm like that too. =)

For example, Hungrybox described many people in one word and he told me I'm ominous. I thought that was funny since I like playing around.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i've been entertaining the notion of trying to fly p.c. chris out to norcal for a tourney (if he is interested of course). if he is down, others from tri state should join him and come see how much the players here suck!

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Kage is just like some of the characters in fantasy games. You have to believe in yourself/Open up your heart/Remember a promise/Never give in to the darkness etc in order to win.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Guys, in falcon vs marth. When you know the marth is gonna nair, isn't raptor boost a good respond to scoop under marth?? I read that several times and people have said side-b against marth if he nairs.

For 90% of the time, it's been working for me vs many marths but at a recent tournament, nair beat side b. So I'm not so sure what's going on anymore as to how this works....I could try to find a video...but I'm pretty sure you all know what I'm talking about?

0Room

Smash Lord
Guys, in falcon vs marth. When you know the marth is gonna nair, isn't raptor boost a good respond to scoop under marth?? I read that several times and people have said side-b against marth if he nairs.

For 90% of the time, it's been working for me vs many marths but at a recent tournament, nair beat side b. So I'm not so sure what's going on anymore as to how this works....I could try to find a video...but I'm pretty sure you all know what I'm talking about?
Yes
It goes under the nair

If it hasn't been working for you you've been doing it too late/too far away
If he's gotten the chance to hit you, he's had the time to either FF or move away
And either way that's bad for you since you've already committed to an option

Play around with it with a friend

I would ask that in the s2j thread since people are just gonna ignore that here.

And yes conan is the ****.
Lmao I'm thinking of making a "discussion only" thread where non discussion stuff is edited out :p

Max?

Smash Champion
i've been entertaining the notion of trying to fly p.c. chris out to norcal for a tourney (if he is interested of course). if he is down, others from tri state should join him and come see how much the players here suck!
Ill take a free trip to Cali if ur offering it

:phone:

0Room

Smash Lord
Pretty cool
I'd like to see him play someone actually fight back

He actually perfectly encapsulates my new strategy
I watched a few SS videos and started to use a lot more stomps and mess with the timing
It's actually really useful

crush

Smash Master
Pretty cool
I'd like to see him play someone actually fight back

He actually perfectly encapsulates my new strategy
I watched a few SS videos and started to use a lot more stomps and mess with the timing
It's actually really useful
Yeah slox is arguably the 400th best player in CT after the 400 squirrels.

:phone:

Windrose

Smash Lord
There are other videos of slox. I'm always looking for videos of decent falcons that are not the top falcons. Sometimes it is easier to study what they do because they're not significantly better. I like to watch nand0 too.

Top Bottom