• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Caleb

I'll contribute whatever I need to. (meaning my fair share of the gas money)
How about Caleb? :confused:

EDIT: The more people in the car, the less money each person has to pitch in. They will only go if they have a full car of 5. I'm not sure what their MPG is, but Total Travel Estimate: 3 hours 48 minutes / 219.16 miles Fuel Cost: $34.44 at 20 MPG. So I'm guessing $15 per person for a round trip.

EDIT: Does SF still play?

edit: Should we have Brawl at the LAN Parties? Why did Andrew include Brawl at his LAN Party?

[highlight]If you are interested in UCSB biweeklies / triweeklies, then post so I can tell the person about the level of interest.[/highlight]

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Victor:[/highlight] all of them
[highlight]Huy:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Dante:[/highlight] probably almost all of them because I don't think he missed a single Smash Club meeting except the ones that conflict with the LAN Parties. ;)
[highlight]Michael (qmann28):[/highlight] just whenever
[highlight]Sam:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Kevin:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Joe:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Ryan:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Stephen Fung:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Tejinder Singh Mangat:[/highlight] occasionally

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]
[highlight]Jaime (maybe):[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]N64[/size]
[highlight]Jaime and his friends:[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:[/highlight] all of them
[highlight]Gina:[/highlight] just whenever

[size=+5]Balanced Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]Project M[/size]
[highlight]Huy: [/highlight]when it comes out

[highlight]We need at least 30 people for this to happen. :colorful:[/highlight]
The number of people we have so far is [size=+5]16[/size]. The worst that can happen is there are enough people that are interested, but they do not tell me to add them to the list so I tell Victor there is not enough interest when there actually is enough interest.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
arcadian tourney canceled so you guys should go to the last ranbat.

i wouldve been hella down but i think im going to sf that weekend to visit my sister and some other friends. if i somehow end up not going to sf ill let you guys know and hopefully a seat will still be open for me =)

∫unk

Smash Master
brian, awesome chillin with you LOL at how dizzy and slow i was at everything

that snes game was tight the glory days... when games were hard

CableCho57

Smash Lord
actually turns out my uncle and cousins might come that weekend so i might not go to sf.
and i might just go on the weekend of cgc's tourney.

ill try to let you know as sooooooon as possible

CableCho57

Smash Lord
yeah i dont know waht happened to matthew.

at the time he seemed very eagar to learn and was hella active. he even got a tv just for smash and a new controller. he was getting pretty good too =/

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
1. Can a controller that has a detached joystick be fixed by reattaching it? This is actually about the orange controller that light shields by itself not the black one that Dante was unable to fix. In the black controller, the down joystick would not work.

2. Also Dante, how much of a connection do you have with Nelson? Is it possible to persuade him to hold the LAN Party on a certain Saturday in order to avoid a conflict? I messaged him on AIM but he didn't reply. :(

What is a good way to come across new players? I knew Dante played based on him saying, "Can beat you at SSBM." on GauchoSpace. I also saw him checking SWF one time in the computer lab in Phelps Hall.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Soon

im driving back monday if any of u need a ride/want to split on gas
Why are you going back so soon? Also on your way from SB to your place, do you pass San Jose? I want to split gas for breaks. Thanks. :)

Also do you want to team with me for this back to school scrub Brawl / Melee / N64 smash tournament that has no entry fee, scrub rule set, etc.?

Is anyone down for a Smashfest that is not hosted by Dante, Caleb, Jun, Cape, or me during WoW? :confused:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
?

im down as long as theres smash 64
The Smashfest is actually Melee only and the tournament will actually have all 3 games. It is just that it will be a scrub tournament with a bad rule set (items on, no stages banned, best of 1, single elimination, laggy TV, etc.) There is no entry fee and the prize is like a coupon or something. So it is definitely not worth driving all the way from Concord to SB just for this scrub tournament. However, once / if / when we get the SB biweeklies / triweeklies / monthlies etc. running, then we can get the entire N64 Smash Crew entering. :)

Also, who is bringing set ups to the Melee smashfest? :confused:

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
@metalreflectslime: i don't think it's necessary to quote someone who posted right before you. it's assumed that you're responding the the previous post if you don't quote at all :]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Week of welcome. He is Great Fox 64. I'm not sure what the date, time, and building is. :(

Who wants to team with me for all 3 smash games at the Week of Welcome tournament? I also forgot to mention that it might be free for all with items on a banned stage since its purpose is to welcome new students (in which case I may not go).

Who is going to Ranbat 1.5?

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
When/Where will there ever be Brawl to play somewhere?

And by the way, we buy food from IV coop for Smash but we choose between anything we want there with discount in large proportions.

We just suck at choosing, so anyone that has seen the sodas at Co-op can make a suggestion.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Brawl

Apparently, I've missed quite a bit. I'd be interested in going to that tourney and you can put me on the Melee list for that long post you need 30 people for if I read correctly. I could probably go to most of them depending on the venue
When/Where will there ever be Brawl to play somewhere?

And by the way, we buy food from IV coop for Smash but we choose between anything we want there with discount in large proportions.

We just suck at choosing, so anyone that has seen the sodas at Co-op can make a suggestion.
You don't log on AIM as often as you need to. :( Log on AIM everyday and both of you will have less chances of missing stuff. You have not accepted by friend request on Google Talk yet. :( There is Brawl at Ranbat 1.5. How much discount do you get and in what proportions? :confused: Do you all have to buy one type of item for the full discount to work? When is the next time you are buying food from IV Food Co-Op? Bring me along too so I can choose. :)

Also are you living on campus? There is an N64 Smash / Melee / Brawl tournament held by RHA.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Does anyone know anyone who is part of RHA? :confused: They already made up their mind that they will not run Melee. :crying: I can still try to convince them though, but it will actually be better if we knew someone that had stronger connections with them. :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
?

So they are only running brawl? What if we bring melee ourselves?
Yeah, I was thinking of this too. Also Smash Club might be in the LPC this year. But I'm not sure if bringing in prize money is allowed if we do this since Azn Lep had this problem with UCSD tournaments or something. Also the tournament might start something like 8:30 PM to like 1:30 AM or something since they only have 1 set up. :(

Who can bring set ups?

TVs:

System / Melee Disc / Memory Card:

Also Mio, who will run SBCC Gamefest Melee now that Matthew does not play anymore? :confused:

CableCho57

Smash Lord
we can just put the money "under the table" so that shouldnt be a problem bc they dont check smashboards. and dude i can probably bring a setup and dante might be able to also

and mio how do you know all of us?? lololol

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
SBCC Gamefest

I'll answer that since no one else is going to!

Junk
Crackle
Dante
Cho
Helmet
Gishnak
Gosu Engineer
metalreflectslime
Dantarion
Foo
G
DavidFalco

Everyone's coming out of hiding for the true 805 finale!
Do you know anyone who can run the Melee side event for the SBCC Gamefest now that Matthew has retired? :confused:

we can just put the money "under the table" so that shouldnt be a problem bc they dont check smashboards. and dude i can probably bring a setup and dante might be able to also

and mio how do you know all of us?? lololol
But then if we put our money "under the table" then we are only restricting the entrants to just you, me, Dante, and Andrej. SLO, Kevin, and Andrew won't come since the tournament starts at like 8:30 PM. Plus what if the freshmen that are there want to be in the tournament but finds out that we are having an entry fee then word might get out? I was thinking make the entry fee like $1 or free entry or something. But then if it is free entry, then there won't be a prize so people may not want to enter. RHA actually has a prize which is like a gift card or something. :confused:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Wait if Mio can run Ranbat season 2 during the school year, then it must be that he already graduated from UCLA which means that he may be able to take over for Matthew for the Melee side event for the SBCC Gamefest. Also who ran the SBCC Gamefest for Melee before Matthew did? :confused:

CableCho57

Smash Lord
I think it's metal reflect slime lol

and huy those tournaments can be free who cares since there is a prize. And this might encourage the new players to come to the LAN parties or tourney held by smashclub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom