• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Conflict

add me to the list. ;)
Sure mee too lawl
Mio says Ranbat 1.5 will be on 9-5. :( I'm going to try to get him to change it. Lovage will win the Oxnard Circuit even if he gets last place. The only way Lovage cannot win is he doesn't show up so they give it to the 2nd place person or something.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Well a lot of 805 is still going including lovage to mios so he prob won't change the date.
honestly I'd kinda like to go to the arcadian tourney because

1. It's melee only (No brawl!)
2. There'd be a lot of players there I've never played.
3. I'd have a decent chance of winning (not cuz I'm good or anything just cuz there'd be no ranked players)
4. I could see how I match up to the rest of socal's unranked players

and I'm kind of surprised all these new sb players that I've never heard of are traveling that far for a tournament lol but if they actually go through with it I won't complain lol.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Conflict

3. I'd have a decent chance of winning (not cuz I'm good or anything just cuz there'd be no ranked players)

and I'm kind of surprised all these new sb players that I've never heard of are traveling that far for a tournament lol but if they actually go through with it I won't complain lol.
There is actually a small chance they might not go if they feel overwhelmed by final exams since I think it conflicts with like finals or something. :confused:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Hide

These ppl play melee and go to ucsb? Pretty awesome
Yes. :joyful:

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Victor:[/highlight] all of them
[highlight]Huy:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Dante:[/highlight] probably almost all of them because I don't think he missed a single Smash Club meeting. ;)
[highlight]Michael:[/highlight] just whenever
[highlight]Sam:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Kevin:[/highlight] almost all of them

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]
[highlight]Jaime (maybe):[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]N64[/size]
[highlight]Jaime and his friends:[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:
Gina:
[/highlight]

[size=+5]Balanced Brawl[/size]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Swf

lol I wonder if they know about these boards.

and if so why don't any of them post lol.
Actually I don't really have a reason to post on SWF either unless I am making an announcement, trying to get people to a tournament, or asking a question. The only reason I made an account on SWF was because of the release of Brawl. I actually started playing competitively from going to Andrew's tournament which I found out through a flyer not on SWF. They wouldn't really need to post if they have their own ride secured (which they already did) or they know the directions to a certain place. Also you don't post the results on the OP nor advertise on AiB for the LAN Parties. :( I will remind you next time. ;) Remember to claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5.

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Dante:[/highlight] probably almost all of them because I don't think he missed a single Smash Club meeting. ;)

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:
Gina:
[/highlight]

DanteFox

Smash Champion
yeah but they haven't even introduced themselves which is weird since, as a competitive melee player, I'm always wanting to play everyone in my area for good competition.

also they didn't post when cho held his smashfest and instead had you posting as a proxy....

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Video

yeah but they haven't even introduced themselves which is weird since, as a competitive melee player, I'm always wanting to play everyone in my area for good competition.

also they didn't post when cho held his smashfest and instead had you posting as a proxy....
You know when that one time where you saw a person in the computer lab watching a video of a Melee match, did the video had a Falco in it by any chance? Did you ever find out who that person was? :confused: This reminds me of that one time that I saw you in the computer lab on SWF (before we met) but I didn't introduce myself since I thought you were busy or something and I was shy. Also before I started playing competitively, I didn't feel like going to people's houses that I never met before. My first smashfest was at Bright's house. I only came because Caleb said he was going and I met Caleb through teaming up with him at Andrew's tournament. Also you forget to post the results on the OP nor advertise on AiB for the LAN Parties. I will remind you next time. Remember to claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5.

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:
Gina:
[/highlight]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Crew

he was actually watching ken vs mango on dreamland lol.
When I saw Andymosity post, I thought it was one of the new SB people but then I read his post and found out he was a new SLO person. At least now, we can have a bigger SB vs. SLO crew battle. :092:

Also you forget to post the results on the OP nor advertise on AiB for the LAN Parties. I will remind you next time. Remember to claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5.

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:
Gina:
[/highlight]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Hello

lol I think that was me
Do you go to UCSB for the 2010-2011 school year? We have Smash Club every Saturday at 6:30 PM in Building 387 Room 104. Were you the one that AIMed me one time asking about the UCSB smash scene or were you the friend of the person that AIMed me? :confused: If not, then just forget that I even mentioned it. I had a person AIMed me who said his name was Kevin and had a friend named Sam and they were both Falco mains, but then your avatar and signature has a picture of Sheik so that was probably not you that AIMed me? :confused: Anyways, you post in the Bay Area thread in the summer. Do you live in East SJ in the summer? :confused: Thanks.

[highlight]If you are interested in UCSB biweeklies / triweeklies, then post so I can tell the person about the level of interest.[/highlight]

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:
Gina:
[/highlight]

[size=+5]Project M[/size]

Dante and Caleb, this actually reminds me of a Falco I played in Losers Bracket Quarter Finals at Andrew's tournament. Could that Falco be Kevin, Sam, or Victor?

javitr91

Smash Rookie
I go to slo, live in Cupertino area in sj for the summer, and haven't smashed all except for my friend which is about equal to me.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Slo

I go to slo, live in Cupertino area in sj for the summer, and haven't smashed all except for my friend which is about equal to me.
At SLO, you should get to know Pink Reaper (he lives in AP), Gishnak, $heen, Ross, Stev, GreatFox64, Andymosity,etc. They all play Melee. Sometimes, SLO drives down to SB to play in SB tournaments and we have crew battles. The entire SLO crew should take like 2 cars to drive down to SB since only like 4 SLO smashers came to the SBCC Gamefest 2010. :( Thanks.

[highlight]If you are interested in UCSB biweeklies / triweeklies, then post so I can tell the person about the level of interest.[/highlight]

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:
Gina:
[/highlight]

Dante and Caleb, this actually reminds me of a Falco I played in Losers Bracket Quarter Finals at Andrew's tournament. Could that Falco be Kevin, Sam, or Victor?

javitr91

Smash Rookie
I know the majority of the people there and I lurk these forums all the time when I'm at school. Ive met up with stev, Ross, and gishnak, but it was only once and would have liked to meet up more but I never knew when they did anything. I'm going to work now, but I'll be on aim in like a half hour if you'd like to keep talking.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Advertise

I think we should follow M2K's advice. Also was it just you and Joe at Caleb's smashfest? :confused:

I know the majority of the people there and I lurk these forums all the time when I'm at school. Ive met up with stev, Ross, and gishnak, but it was only once and would have liked to meet up more but I never knew when they did anything. I'm going to work now, but I'll be on aim in like a half hour if you'd like to keep talking.
K.

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Dante:[/highlight] probably almost all of them because I don't think he missed a single Smash Club meeting except the ones that conflict with the LAN Parties. ;)

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:
Gina:
[/highlight]

[highlight]Huy: [/highlight]when it comes out

[highlight]We need at least 30 people for this to happen. :colorful:[/highlight]
Caleb, this actually reminds me of a Falco I played in Losers Bracket Quarter Finals at Andrew's tournament. Could that Falco be Kevin, Sam, or Victor? I think we should do pools / round robin / swiss at the LAN Parties. Dante, remember next time to advertise on Facebook, AiB, Gamespot, GameFaqs, Nsider, in Anime Club, on the Hub, post tournament results on the OP, and claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5. I also have very bad news. :(

Does anybody know if any of these people still play? LOL

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7184251396
http://pa-in.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2200305543&v=wall&viewas=0

Also whoever has Ryan on their Facebook friend's list, search through his groups because he mentioned he was in a group for Melee on AIM / Google Talk before. Since Ryan isn't on either of these groups then there must be a 3rd Smash group (not counting the Smash Club one).

We should make the entry fee like $2. If SLO, Lovage, Embracethe12, etc. comes, $5.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yes!

if Darth shows up, it should be $10 :p

Is Ross the same Ross that used to go by "ismokeherbz" and was actually pretty good at smash 64???
Yes, Ross is "ismokeherbz." I beat him in a Melee tournament set at DSF's tournament (November 2009) in a Peach versus Captain Falcon match up with me being the Peach, but I never had the opportunity to play him in N64 Smash before. :( There was an N64 Smash tournament after the Melee tournament as a side event, but I didn't enter because I had a meal plan in the dining common and had to leave the venue before the dining common closed for dinner. :(

Also Dante, how much of a connection do you have with Nelson? Is it possible to persuade him to hold the LAN Party on a certain Saturday in order to avoid a conflict?

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Dante:[/highlight] probably almost all of them because I don't think he missed a single Smash Club meeting except the ones that conflict with the LAN Parties. ;)

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:
Gina:
[/highlight]

[highlight]We need at least 30 people for this to happen. :colorful:[/highlight]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Venue

Do you think we should include Brawl and N64 Smash to lower the venue fee for everyone? :confused:

Maybe they are one of those people who want to keep a post count of 0 and only maintain a post count of 0 by posting in Social Threads, Forum games, etc. :chuckle:

Maybe it is because they thought I was most likely the one to effectively relay the information to everyone. :bee:

I think we should use flyers like Andrew. Do you have the template of the flyer? :confused: I actually want to make the flyers now and edit in the date when it is confirmed. :)

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:
Gina:
[/highlight]

Let's say if a Melee tournament held as a side event took place from 8 PM to possibly 1 AM, would anyone be interested? :confused: Also I need a teammate for this. It will take place when UCSB starts in the same room as the LAN Party. :)

Is it possible to fix the looseness / tightness of the joystick? My joystick is so messed up that it makes it almost impossible to dash dance. I still have a spare controller though.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, I've missed quite a bit. I'd be interested in going to that tourney and you can put me on the Melee list for that long post you need 30 people for if I read correctly. I could probably go to most of them depending on the venue

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
1. Can a controller that has a detached joystick be fixed by reattaching it? This is actually about the orange controller that light shields by itself not the black one that Dante was unable to fix. In the black controller, the down joystick would not work. :crying:

2. Also Dante, how much of a connection do you have with Nelson? Is it possible to persuade him to hold the LAN Party on a certain Saturday in order to avoid a conflict?

3. Let's say if a Melee tournament held as a side event took place from 8 PM to possibly 1 AM, would anyone be interested? Also I need a teammate for this. It will take place when UCSB starts in the same room as the LAN Party. The main event is N64 Smash held by RHA.

4. Does anyone have Andrew's template of the flyer?

5. Does anyone know the Falco that I played in Loser's Bracket Quarter Finals at Andrew's tournament?

6. Does anyone know if DSF / Nezumi are still in SB?

7. Has anyone been contacted by the new SB people yet?

1. Michael, I will add you to the long list.

2. I'm not going to the tournament tomorrow.

3. Dante, remember next time to advertise (weeks in advance) on Facebook, AiB, Gamespot, GameFaqs, Nsider, in Anime Club, on the Hub, post tournament results on the OP for your UCSB LAN Party tournaments, and claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5. For the last LAN Party, you only advertised 9 days in advance. :( We should do Swiss, Round Robin, pools, etc. next time. :)

4. I found a new Melee Smasher who just AIMed me. Log on AIM / Google Talk so I can update you.

5. Pink Reaper, do you play on Shoddy Battle?

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Michael (qmann28):[/highlight] just whenever

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:
Gina:
[/highlight]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
How?

These ppl play melee and go to ucsb? Pretty awesome

How did both of you get to the Oxnard Tournament? When are both of you getting your driver's license? :confused:

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Gina:[/highlight] just whenever

The number of people we have so far is [size=+5]13[/size]. The worst that can happen is there are enough people that are interested, but they do not tell me to add them to the list so I tell Victor there is not enough interest when there actually is enough interest.
There is a small chance we may have to raise the venue fee to $5 for the biweeklies / triweeklies. Is everyone cool with this price? The venue discounts ($1 each for each item) are as follows:

-TV
-System with disc / cartridge / memory card
-Power strip
-recording set up
-a functional fan of at least 1 feet in diameter

Discounts will only be given if it is used and connected to a running system.

Discounts only stack up to a maximum of $5.

Now let's vote for the venue. I will be keeping track of people's opinions on what venue we should get.

DSF / Nezumi Tournament Venue in San Clemente:
Huy

The DeAnza Center:

CCS Building:

LVR:

CrashOverride

Smash Cadet
I like sex and money.

But besides that, I don't look at smashboards anymore, so you guys need to let me know about sweet tournaments and we'll go. I just need to try not to slice my foot open next time.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
I like sex and money.

But besides that, I don't look at smashboards anymore, so you guys need to let me know about sweet tournaments and we'll go. I just need to try not to slice my foot open next time.
Ryan where you at!? Joe said it seems like you're slowly losing interest in melee. DON'T lol

And wth happened to yo foot?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also I think Dante may be losing interest in Melee too since I IMed him about a person who AIMed me asking if I wanted to come to a smashfest and I asked him if he got the same message but he didn't reply. Or maybe he was busy. Or maybe he didn't receive the message because his chat client got messed up. Who wants the venue to be the UCSB SRB MPR? :confused: Also who wants to go these:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282201
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284863

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Joe:[/highlight] almost all of them

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]

The number of people we have so far is [size=+5]13[/size]. The worst that can happen is there are enough people that are interested, but they do not tell me to add them to the list so I tell Victor there is not enough interest when there actually is enough interest.
With these many people losing interest in Melee, I'm not sure if it is even worth holding the biweeklies. Caleb, David Chao, David Mendez, Jun, etc. have not said that they wanted to be on the list for biweeklies. :( Joe has not posted in a while but at least he told me through PM / text / etc. that we was interested. Andrej, Gino, Kevin Lee, Matthew, etc. have not posted on SWF for a very long time.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
huy calm down. nobody's losing interest in anything lol. I already told you why nobody's expressed interest in those biweeklies. wait until the school year starts and the entire sb crew is reunited. then you can properly gauge who is interested.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Does anyone know if the UCSB SRB MPR can be booked for free as long as the people going to the event are UCSB students? :confused:

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
?

Im sorry.....
why? explain please.
I want to know this too. :confused:

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Goal

Because slo sucks obviously.
Is our goal trying to get people who already play competitively into tournaments / Smash Club where they didn't already know about it before or is our goal trying to get new people into Melee? :confused: This is actually about SB.

Also does SLO ever have any tournaments? :confused:

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom