• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Is our goal trying to get people who already play competitively into tournaments / Smash Club where they didn't already know about it before or is our goal trying to get new people into Melee? :confused: This is actually about SB.
ideally, both.
last i heard slo beat sb in a crew battle. i'm not too sure, so please correct me if i'm wrong.
lulz but we've been training every week and we **** so much harder. also we didn't put in our crew battle monster, andrej.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
?

last i heard slo beat sb in a crew battle. i'm not too sure, so please correct me if i'm wrong.
Matthew didn't seed the players by skill, so the results were skewed leading SB to believe that the players who placed lower were worse than the players that placed higher causing SB to base their crew battle members on merely results without taking account of who they lost to.

not talking about melee. slo is just a pretty boring place. the school is nice tho
ideally, both.

lulz but we've been training every week and we **** so much harder. also we didn't put in our crew battle monster, andrej.
Matthew didn't seed the players by skill, so the results were skewed leading SB to believe that the players who placed lower were worse than the players that placed higher causing SB to base their crew battle members on merely results without taking account of who they lost to. :(

Examples:
Gishnak and I not getting byes while other people did.
Gishnak and I playing each other first round.
Gishnak, $heen, Dante, Josh, and I are all on one side of the bracket.

[highlight]If you are interested in UCSB biweeklies / triweeklies, then post so I can tell the person about the level of interest.[/highlight]

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Victor:[/highlight] all of them
[highlight]Huy:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Dante:[/highlight] probably almost all of them because I don't think he missed a single Smash Club meeting except the ones that conflict with the LAN Parties. ;)
[highlight]Michael (qmann28):[/highlight] just whenever
[highlight]Sam:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Kevin:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Joe:[/highlight] almost all of them

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]
[highlight]Jaime (maybe):[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]N64[/size]
[highlight]Jaime and his friends:[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Gina:[/highlight] just whenever

[size=+5]Balanced Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]Project M[/size]
[highlight]Huy: [/highlight]when it comes out

[highlight]We need at least 30 people for this to happen. :colorful:[/highlight]
The number of people we have so far is [size=+5]13[/size]. The worst that can happen is there are enough people that are interested, but they do not tell me to add them to the list so I tell Victor there is not enough interest when there actually is enough interest.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
that doesn't matter. what matters is that I didn't captain properly. I tried to be nice and let people decide for themselves. I should have just taken leadership and put in whoever I felt was best suited to. won't happen next time. ;)

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
that doesn't matter. what matters is that I didn't captain properly. I tried to be nice and let people decide for themselves. I should have just taken leadership and put in whoever I felt was best suited to. won't happen next time. ;)
i see. hopefully the next ones will be taken more seriously ^_^

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Crew

So would you have taken out Caleb and Cape and put Andrej and I in? :confused:

You should be part of the SLO crew the next time we play so SLO can have 5. They only had 4 last time. :(

[highlight]If you are interested in UCSB biweeklies / triweeklies, then post so I can tell the person about the level of interest.[/highlight]

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Dante:[/highlight] probably almost all of them because I don't think he missed a single Smash Club meeting except the ones that conflict with the LAN Parties. ;)

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]

[highlight]We need at least 30 people for this to happen. :colorful:[/highlight]
The number of people we have so far is [size=+5]13[/size]. The worst that can happen is there are enough people that are interested, but they do not tell me to add them to the list so I tell Victor there is not enough interest when there actually is enough interest.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Meet

i intend to hehe
Have you met with (or talked on AIM) with the SLO crew yet? They are GreatFox64, $heen, Gishnak, Stev, Ross (ismokeherbz), Pink Reaper, Warp Status (he plays Brawl but he was still on the SLO crew for the crew battle), Javier (javitr91), etc. :)

Does anyone know if SLO has any tournaments? :confused:

Can the joystick on the controller be fixed? I have trouble DDing since it recoils strangely.

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]

1. Can a controller that has a detached joystick be fixed by reattaching it? This is actually about the orange controller that light shields by itself not the black one that Dante was unable to fix. In the black controller, the down joystick would not work.

2. Also Dante, how much of a connection do you have with Nelson? Is it possible to persuade him to hold the LAN Party on a certain Saturday in order to avoid a conflict?

3. Let's say if a Melee tournament held as a side event took place from 8 PM to possibly 1 AM, would anyone be interested? Also I need a teammate for this. It will take place when UCSB starts in the same room as the LAN Party. The main event is N64 Smash held by RHA.

4. Does anyone have Andrew's template of the flyer?

5. Does anyone know the Falco that I played in Loser's Bracket Quarter Finals at Andrew's tournament?

6. Does anyone know if DSF / Nezumi are still in SB?

7. Has anyone been contacted by the new SB people yet?

8. How did Dante and Caleb get to the tournament on 8-21?

1. Michael, I will add you to the long list.

2. I'm not going to the tournament tomorrow.

3. Dante, remember next time to advertise (weeks in advance) on Facebook, AiB, Gamespot, GameFaqs, Nsider, in Anime Club, on the Hub, post tournament results on the OP for your UCSB LAN Party tournaments, and claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5. For the last LAN Party, you only advertised 9 days in advance. We should do Swiss, Round Robin, pools, etc. next time.

4. I found a new Melee Smasher who just AIMed me. Log on AIM / Google Talk so I can update you.

5. Pink Reaper, do you play on Shoddy Battle?

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Hello Andrew.

Also I was thinking about the CCC Tournament. When Kevin was advertising it, he didn't put it in the Tournament Listing section, he didn't put M2K in the feature list, and I couldn't find it on AiB. :confused:
Long story short... We canceled it

M2K couldn't come over due to attending the MLG's and people just weren't interested in it. We might revive it if we can get enough hype around it, but that's unlikely at this point.

Also Kevin tells me you needed a flyer...The one I made is probably sitting on some AS computer right now. They never clean out the hard drives

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Flyer

Long story short... We canceled it

M2K couldn't come over due to attending the MLG's and people just weren't interested in it. We might revive it if we can get enough hype around it, but that's unlikely at this point.

Also Kevin tells me you needed a flyer...The one I made is probably sitting on some AS computer right now. They never clean out the hard drives
K. Maybe I'll just make a new flyer. :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Stephen Fung (not paid)
Tejinder Mangat (not paid)
Jon Rutledge (paid)
Wayne (not paid)

Dante, these were the new people that went to the Smash Club Tournament so maybe we can get them to the competitive Melee scene. :) Maybe one of them is with the SN "Smirk" that IMed me? :confused:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
?

well, you should have told him when he im'd you. not much you can do now I guess.
Actually he IMed at like 4 AM. When I woke up, he logged off. He also forgot to add me on his buddy list so I am unable to leave him offline messages. So yeah. I cannot really do anything right now. Also at the Smash Club Tournament, did you remember playing anyone new that was good? :confused: I beat Caleb and David and lost to Josh and Joe.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Aj! Dude why don't you go with Kevin to some of these Oxnard tourneys?!?
Bring some cheesecake!
I have other obligations that prevent me from doing so. Eventually there will be one that doesn't conflict. I don't really bring food any more

I never tasted Andrew's cheesecakes before.
Before your time. I did other things too but that was even before Dante's time. I'm old

Gishnak

Smash Ace
I'm driving down from mountain view to san diego next friday/saturday. I might be able to stop by your area, but if not I'll be heading back to SLO the following friday.

Edit: Yeah man I'd love to chill.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
imply byoc rules to the tourneys. I don't say no to this alot bc I'm usually nice about it but I hate it when someone asks me to use my controller =/

and other food besides that weird orange soda and lemon chips. The money we give is apparently for food but why not get some coke and lays or something simple and common

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
?

imply byoc rules to the tourneys. I don't say no to this alot bc I'm usually nice about it but I hate it when someone asks me to use my controller =/

and other food besides that weird orange soda and lemon chips. The money we give is apparently for food but why not get some coke and lays or something simple and common
Well I think we all forget our controllers at some point. I only brought my controller from January 2010 to the end of UCSB and had to borrow controllers from Dante, Andrew, Bright, etc. Josh had to borrow his from Dante a few times. Andrej borrowed it from me for 2 tournaments, etc.

They get their food donated / or at a fraction of the cost from IV Food Co-Op so it is actually whatever IV Food Co-Op gives to them / sells to them at a fraction of the price. :(

Is the room and time good for the Smash Club?

Can anyone do this for me?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263450

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]

1. Can a controller that has a detached joystick be fixed by reattaching it? This is actually about the orange controller that light shields by itself not the black one that Dante was unable to fix. In the black controller, the down joystick would not work.

2. Also Dante, how much of a connection do you have with Nelson? Is it possible to persuade him to hold the LAN Party on a certain Saturday in order to avoid a conflict?

3. Let's say if a Melee tournament held as a side event took place from 8 PM to possibly 1 AM, would anyone be interested? Also I need a teammate for this. It will take place when UCSB starts in the same room as the LAN Party. The main event is N64 Smash held by RHA.

4. Does anyone have Andrew's template of the flyer?

5. Does anyone know the Falco that I played in Loser's Bracket Quarter Finals at Andrew's tournament?

6. Does anyone know if DSF / Nezumi are still in SB?

7. Has anyone been contacted by the new SB people yet?

8. How did Dante and Caleb get to the tournament on 8-21?

1. Michael, I will add you to the long list.

2. I'm not going to the tournament tomorrow.

3. Dante, remember next time to advertise (weeks in advance) on Facebook, AiB, Gamespot, GameFaqs, Nsider, in Anime Club, on the Hub, post tournament results on the OP for your UCSB LAN Party tournaments, and claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5. For the last LAN Party, you only advertised 9 days in advance. We should do Swiss, Round Robin, pools, etc. next time.

4. I found a new Melee Smasher who just AIMed me. Log on AIM / Google Talk so I can update you.

5. Pink Reaper, do you play on Shoddy Battle?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
G2

not talking about melee. slo is just a pretty boring place. the school is nice tho
ideally, both.

C'mon Dante I taught you better... <3

sup SB/SLO
my melee goal is to make it on the ucsb crew battle team xD
I'm driving down from mountain view to san diego next friday/saturday. I might be able to stop by your area, but if not I'll be heading back to SLO the following friday.

Edit: Yeah man I'd love to chill.
So I haven't played since gsg and want to try to get a few matches sometime soon. Let me know.
Do you plan on going to Genesis 2? :confused: Also how did Dante and Caleb get to the tournament on 8-21? :confused:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Arcadian

yeah aj you better come soooon lol
nah dude walkable means you can walk to it from a bus station. you won't die if you have to walk more than 5 minutes. :laugh:
I haven't heard back from the one that is driving yet. I'm not sure if they still plan on going. Are both of you still interested in going to the Arcadian Tournament? What is the maximum amount of gas money both of you are willing to contribute? :confused:

Got enough quotes there?
I forgot to quote you and Pink Reaper. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom