• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Metal Reflect Slime

it's okay i know how to ruin brawl no matter what the format...

Can you bring a set up for Brawl for the RHA UCSB Back to School tournament? In 2007 and 2009, they ran N64 Smash and in 2008, they ran Brawl. I'm not sure what game they will be running this year.

MRS do you actually play Yugioh?
Did you play Yu-Gi-Oh competitively at one point or did you just follow its metagame like me? Do you still play or follow its metagame? I stopped following its metagame around 2007 January right when they banned TER and Cyber-Stein or something like that.

So they are only running brawl? What if we bring melee ourselves?
Do you usually get rides from your parents to Smash Club and UCSB LAN Party tournaments?

I'll answer that since no one else is going to!

Junk
Crackle
Dante
Cho
Helmet
Gishnak
Gosu Engineer
metalreflectslime
Dantarion
Foo
G
DavidFalco

Everyone's coming out of hiding for the true 805 finale!
Have you graduated from UCLA? If so, can you run Ranbat season 2 during the school year and the Melee side event for the SBCC Gamefest? :confused:

I can't go to the last ranbat. If you run them during the school year, mio, I'll come to them.
If it is during the school year, then I will come too.

@huy: is your name metal reflects lime? or metal reflect slime? it's just been bugging me lol
Metal Reflect Slime

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Metal Reflect Slime

@huy: is your name metal reflects lime? or metal reflect slime? it's just been bugging me lol
People ask me and tell me this too. :laugh:

I think it's metal reflect slime lol

and huy those tournaments can be free who cares since there is a prize. And this might encourage the new players to come to the LAN parties or tourney held by smashclub.
Correct, it is Metal Reflect Slime. Also I think you mean "who cares if there is a prize." It took me a while to understand what you were trying to say.

I get rides if I have/want to bring a setup. Otherwise I take the bus
How long does it take you to get by bus? Can you get to the LPC on like 20 minutes notice? :confused:

EDIT: I have not been following the metagame for Yu-Gi-Oh for years. Also is there like a program similar to Shoddy for Pokemon but for Yu-Gi-Oh?

EDIT 2: Does anyone here play SC2?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I have not been following the metagame for Yu-Gi-Oh for years. Also is there like a program similar to Shoddy for Pokemon but for Yu-Gi-Oh?

Does anyone here play SC2? I know there is a thread for this but I never actually played SC1, so I am new to this and I want to play in person so people can teach me and stuff in person. :)

Also Smash Club might be held in the LPC and they only have 1 set up for Melee so we need Caleb, David, and Dante to bring their full Melee set ups. Some of their CRT TVs are damaged. :(
[highlight]If you are interested in UCSB biweeklies / triweeklies, then post so I can tell the person about the level of interest.[/highlight]

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Victor:[/highlight] all of them
[highlight]Huy:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Dante:[/highlight] probably almost all of them because I don't think he missed a single Smash Club meeting except the ones that conflict with the LAN Parties. ;)
[highlight]Michael (qmann28):[/highlight] just whenever
[highlight]Sam:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Kevin:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Joe:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Ryan:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Stephen Fung:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Tejinder Singh Mangat:[/highlight] occasionally

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]
[highlight]Jaime (maybe):[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]N64[/size]
[highlight]Jaime and his friends:[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Gina:[/highlight] just whenever

[size=+5]Balanced Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]Project M[/size]
[highlight]Huy: [/highlight]when it comes out

[highlight]We need at least 30 people for this to happen. :colorful:[/highlight]
The number of people we have so far is [size=+5]16[/size]. The worst that can happen is there are enough people that are interested, but they do not tell me to add them to the list so I tell Victor there is not enough interest when there actually is enough interest.
1. Can a controller that has a detached joystick be fixed by reattaching it? This is actually about the orange controller that light shields by itself not the black one that Dante was unable to fix. In the black controller, the down joystick would not work.

2. Dante, remember next time to advertise (weeks in advance) on Facebook, AiB, Gamespot, GameFaqs, Nsider, in Anime Club, on the Hub, post tournament results on the OP for your UCSB LAN Party tournaments, and claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5. For the last LAN Party, you only advertised 9 days in advance. We should do Swiss, Round Robin, pools, etc. next time.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Tournaments

Dude I haven't played since I was like 10 so it's just for funsies lol
I actually never owned a Yu-Gi-Oh deck. How many Smash tournaments have you entered? :confused:

For me, it is

Melee: 2 NorCal locals, 1 NorCal regional, 3 LAN Parties, 1 Smash Club, 1 SBCC Gamefest

Brawl: 1 LAN Party, 1 scrub Back to School RHA tournament (teams only)

N64: 1 scrub Back to School RHA tournament (teams only), another UCSB scrub tournament

I've only won 1st in Melee singles once and 2nd in Melee teams once with David Falco. :(

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Tournaments

Did the scrub tourney already happen?
The Scrub tournament will be on September 20, 2010 in the LPC. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the LVR and the SN Rec room too since they may change the location. :)

I actually never owned a Yu-Gi-Oh deck. How many Smash tournaments have you entered?

For me, it is

Melee: 2 NorCal locals, 1 NorCal regional, 3 LAN Parties, 1 Smash Club, 1 SBCC Gamefest

Brawl: 1 LAN Party, 1 scrub Back to School RHA tournament (teams only)

N64: 1 scrub Back to School RHA tournament (teams only), another UCSB scrub tournament

I've only won 1st in Melee singles once and 2nd in Melee teams once with David Falco.

Tentative Scrub Tournament Information:

When: Monday September 20, 2010
Time: 8:30 PM to 1:00 AM
Where: LPC

Confirmed Melee Set Ups:

I almost forgot to mention that since this is a scrub tournament, most people will not expect that they have to bring their own controller so there is a small chance we may have to let them use our controllers. :( Caleb actually complained about this regarding the Smash Club Tournament.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Metal Reflect Slime

What's the LVR and SN stand for?

And screw that scrub tourney I didn't know it was just brawl
As of right now it is just Brawl, but we can bring our own set ups and run a Melee tournament with no entry fee / prize. Linda Vista Room in FT. SN is San Nicholas. Actually no scrub tournament I ever went to at UCSB ever had Melee. :( Would anyone be willing to bring set ups to run a Melee side event? We may have to let them use our controllers too. :(

I just realize that hosting Melee by bringing our own set ups will not attract new players to the Smash Club Tournament since Anthony puts a cap at 16 due to time restraints and the last one had 16 people with a few on the waiting list.

EDIT: Who wants to team with me for the scrub tournament? I'm not sure what game they are running but just be prepared for all 3 games.

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah i can bring a setup just tell me what days and where the brawl tournaments are and i'll be there (maybe it was written somewhere in the walls of texts only skim read this page)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
If the scrub tournament was running N64 Smash, Melee, or Brawl, would anyone be willing to team with me? I main :025: :pikachu: in N64 Smash, :peach: in Melee (my controller is messed up again leaving my :fox: and :falcon: not as good since the shoulder buttons are weird on the white controller), and :snake: and :metaknight: in Brawl. :) I need potential partners for all 3 games since I do not know what game for sure they will run. Someone from RHA says that they were actually running Melee this time and I cannot confirm this for a fact so I need potential partners for all 3 games. :) :lucario:

:001: :002: :003: :004: :005: :006: :007: :008: :009: :010: :011: :012: :013: :014: :015: :016: :017: :018: :019: :020: :021: :022: :023: :024: :025: :026: :027: :028: :029: :030: :031: :032: :033: :034: :035: :036: :037: :038: :039: :040: :041: :042: :043: :044: :045: :046: :047: :048: :049: :050: :051: :052: :053: :054: :055: :056: :057: :058: :059: :060: :061: :062: :063: :064: :065: :066: :067: :068: :069: :070: :071: :072: :073: :074: :075: :076: :077: :078: :079: :080: :081: :082: :083: :084: :085: :086: :087: :088: :089: :090: :091: :092: :093: :094: :095: :096: :097: :098: :099:

[highlight]If you are interested in UCSB biweeklies / triweeklies, then post so I can tell the person about the level of interest.[/highlight]

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Huy:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Dante:[/highlight] probably almost all of them because I don't think he missed a single Smash Club meeting except the ones that conflict with the LAN Parties. ;)
[highlight]Michael (qmann28):[/highlight] just whenever
[highlight]Sam:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Kevin:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Joe:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Ryan:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Stephen Fung:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Tejinder Singh Mangat:[/highlight] occasionally

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]
[highlight]Jaime (maybe):[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]N64[/size]
[highlight]Jaime and his friends:[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Gina:[/highlight] just whenever

[size=+5]Balanced Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]Project M[/size]
[highlight]Huy: [/highlight]when it comes out

[highlight]We need at least 30 people for this to happen. :colorful:[/highlight]
The number of people we have so far is [size=+5]16[/size]. The worst that can happen is there are enough people that are interested, but they do not tell me to add them to the list so I tell Victor there is not enough interest when there actually is enough interest.
1. Can a controller that has a detached joystick be fixed by reattaching it? This is actually about the orange controller that light shields by itself not the black one that Dante was unable to fix. In the black controller, the down joystick would not work.

2. Dante, remember next time to advertise (weeks in advance) on Facebook, AiB, Gamespot, GameFaqs, Nsider, in Anime Club, on the Hub, post tournament results on the OP for your UCSB LAN Party tournaments, and claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5. For the last LAN Party, you only advertised 9 days in advance. We should do Swiss, Round Robin, pools, etc. next time.

:pikachu: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuf :pichu: :mewtwo: :lucario:

EDIT: Also who can bring set ups for any combination of the 3 Smash games to Smash Club?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
So far here is the pattern:
2008: Brawl
2009: N64

We don't know what game they will have yet for the scrub tournament but one person in RHA have said that they are running Brawl and two people said they were running Melee and another person said they will run N64 Smash. Apparently they will take a vote at which game they will run, so everyone check this thread as soon as the 9-20-10 date approaches so I can update the information accordingly. :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
If they don't run melee and lots of other melee people show up I guess I'll have no choice but to come lol. But in that situation it would make more sense just to have a melee smashfest at huy's place haha.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
So far for my list of potential partners, I have Dante for Melee and David for Brawl. Does anyone want to team with me for N64? :confused:

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that even though I live in San Rafael Resident Hall again this year, I am not actually in a suite this time meaning we won't have a living room and we cannot play Melee at my place. We would have to go to Joel's like last time. For those of you who were not at Joel's last time, the CRT TV burned out while we were playing and exploded. Good thing none of us were hurt thanks to our power shielding skills. ;)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Joel didn't get into a suite either so it looks like we may have to consider using Anthony's formal lounge thing but since it is not a private area, people may want to come and play and ask us to let them use their controllers. :( So far for teams, I have:

N64:
Huy: :pikachu: :025: /

Melee:
Huy: :peach: / Dante: :fox:

Brawl:
Huy: :snake: :metaknight: / David: :mario:

I need a teammate for N64. Jun, do you want to team with me for N64? :confused:

EDIT: I also forgot another important thing. :( There is this other tournament.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
No!

cho, huy's talking about the smash 64 tournament.
I am not. :( I already mentioned that the scrub tournament can run any combination of the 3 games. This is actually something different. I need a partner for the N64 tournament in case RHA decides to run that game as their tournament, but I also need a different partner to team with me for another Melee tournament that is not run by RHA. I also found out that there will be multiple scrub tournaments (some ran at once and some at different times) at different locations are run by RHA. One at LPC, one at LVR, one at SNRR, etc. Those are just the 3 places I've heard about.

[size=+5]Day 1:[/size]

N64:

Melee:

Brawl:

[size=+5]Day 2:[/size]

N64:

Melee:
Huy: :peach: /

Brawl:
Huy: :snake: :metaknight: /

[size=+5]Day 3:[/size]

N64:

Melee:

Brawl:

[size=+5]Other Tournament (Melee only):[/size]
Huy: :peach:

[size=+5]Who wants to team with me for Day 2, Day 3, the other tournament, etc. I also have not found a tournament partner for the N64 scrub tournament on Day 1 in the event RHA decides to run it. [/size] :(

DanteFox

Smash Champion
so why are you being so vague regarding the details of this "other tournament?" You haven't given us any info regarding it.

also lol how **** would it be if all three of these scrub tourneys hosted melee. we could go from tourney to tourney cleaning up the competition and collecting prizes LOL.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Tournament

so why are you being so vague regarding the details of this "other tournament?" You haven't given us any info regarding it.

also lol how **** would it be if all three of these scrub tourneys hosted melee. we could go from tourney to tourney cleaning up the competition and collecting prizes LOL.
Actually prizes are awarded only for 1st place from the UCSB scrub tournaments I have been attending. The other tournament is held by VSA (Vietnamese Student Association). The RHA scrub tournament gave out coupons / gift cards to their first place team. The VSA will hold a Smash tournament and it looks like they will be leaning towards Melee with their first prize being something like a NDS for first place singles. I'm not sure what the first place prize for Melee teams will be this year. Just check this thread often for details of the tournament. Also if anyone knows any other tournaments post them here. Don't be greedy and try to sweep every tournament by yourself. Technically I could have kept all of this information to myself and sweep the entire competition by myself but I was being nice. ;)

[size=+5]Day 1:[/size]

N64:

Melee:

Brawl:

[size=+5]Day 2:[/size]

N64:

Melee:

Brawl:

[size=+5]Day 3:[/size]

N64:

Melee:

Brawl:

[size=+5]Vietnamese Student Association Tournament (they are leaning towards Melee only):[/size]
Huy: :peach:

If you want to team with me, post which character(s) you will use in teams, what day(s) you will team with me, and which tournament(s) you will team with me!

DanteFox

Smash Champion
lol huy I can tell you were tempted to keep it to yourself. haha. naughty naughty. lol.

anyway. I've decided that one tournament, I'll team with you, one with cho, and the other with a random scrub, just for fun. :laugh:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Who?

lol huy I can tell you were tempted to keep it to yourself. haha. naughty naughty. lol.

anyway. I've decided that one tournament, I'll team with you, one with cho, and the other with a random scrub, just for fun. :laugh:
But what if there were 4 tournaments (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, and VSA)? Who would you team with twice or will you team with 2 different scrubs? What if there was only 1 tournament due to others being cancelled due to not enough resources? Who would you team with then? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: I noticed that the confused emoticons were grouped in sets of 5. Also what if there were 2 scheduled events but one of them might get cancelled, who would you team with first? Caleb or me?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Sure

I don't know where the second two are. Could you tell me please?
1. For the others that do not yet know, LPC = Loma Pelona Center = venue for the UCSB LAN Parties.

2. LVR = Linda Vista Room = venue of the UCSB Week of Welcome Back to School scrub Brawl doubles tournament where I got 2nd and got nothing. :( It is located 30 seconds away from FT.

3. SNRR = San Nicholas Recreation Room = Go to San Nicholas Resident Hall and just ask the front desk. It is like 10 seconds away from the front desk actually. From the library, go past the CCS room and you will see a bunch of dorms.

http://www.aw.id.ucsb.edu/maps/ucsbmap.html

All of you should be doing what Dante did. ;)

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
Stephen Fung (not paid)
Tejinder Mangat (not paid)
Jon Rutledge (paid)
Wayne (not paid)

Dante, these were the new people that went to the Smash Club Tournament so maybe we can get them to the competitive Melee scene. :) Maybe one of them is with the SN "Smirk" that IMed me? :confused:
is that "wayne" referring to me or is there another wayne who plays smash at sb? haha. i didnt really go to the smash club tournament because i didnt realized i had to play in a team :/

despite liking playing brawl a lot, i dont feel comfortable playing in team because i think ill just let down my partner :p

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Some customers where I work were talking about smash and I asked if they know about the boards and looked at me like I was crazy lol. They said they don't like brawl and they are playing the original 64 version. I think they were ucsb students and I told them about smashclub

@wayne have you played melee? It's freakin awesome =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom