• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I am now taking suggestions on day(s) we should have the Melee smashfest. The possible days are September 20-22. Some possible places:

Joel's 8-person suite:
Huy

Caleb's house
Dante's house
Joe's house

Start voting. :) Add more places if you think of any other good ones.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yeah, maybe I should have rephrased my question as:

Where should we play at and who can host? ;)

Right now we can play at Joel's 8 suite dorm in San Rafael Resident Hall for sure. I live in San Rafael Resident Hall too but not a suite so I cannot host.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I guess I have to repost these questions on every page of this thread when it gets to a new page:

1. Does anyone know where to get new N64 controllers?
2. Does anyone know how to fix N64 controllers?
3. Who would like to team with me for N64?

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
So...much...scrolling. That's what I get for not keeping up with this thread for awhile though I guess. I'm a little confused by all the tournament talk. There are 3 scrub tournaments going on during week of welcome? Or something?

As for Smash Club, my only suggestion would be to move it to Friday. I don't know about anyone else, but I kept running into conflicts on Saturdays and wasn't able to make it as much as I would have liked. I can bring a Wii, a copy of Melee (or Brawl if need be), and a memory card, but no TV.

I'm probably down for the smash fest at yet-to-be-decided's house if that happens.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Aim

So...much...scrolling. That's what I get for not keeping up with this thread for awhile though I guess. I'm a little confused by all the tournament talk. There are 3 scrub tournaments going on during week of welcome? Or something?

As for Smash Club, my only suggestion would be to move it to Friday. I don't know about anyone else, but I kept running into conflicts on Saturdays and wasn't able to make it as much as I would have liked. I can bring a Wii, a copy of Melee (or Brawl if need be), and a memory card, but no TV.

I'm probably down for the smash fest at yet-to-be-decided's house if that happens.
You don't log into AIM as often as you need to. :(

Can Caleb bring a set up? :confused: Can Michael host?

N64

Melee
Dante
Jun (if Melee needs a set up)
Michael (partial if Melee needs it without a TV)

Brawl
Jun (if Brawl needs a set up)
Wayne (maybe)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Set Up

Yeah new b64 controllers are nowhere for obvious reasons. And I might be able to bring a setup if I know ahead of time. MIGHT. Not promising anything
N64

Melee
Dante
Caleb (might bring a set up)

Brawl
Wayne (maybe)

Also who is going to RoM 3? :confused: Also I am sad to inform everyone that there might be only one day of the Smash Scrub tournament. :crying: Actually even if they were running Melee, I might not go unless someone needs a partner since there may be no one really good to play.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
It is up to you.

Also regarding the UCSB Smash tournament back to school week of welcome event, it may not happen so if anyone has any plans, then just proceed with your original plans until further notice. :) As of right now, just assume it gets cancelled for all 3 days until I post otherwise. Also David may post it too since he also lives in the dorms.

EDIT: They said they might do a movie night or some sort of ice cream social instead of the tournament. :(

EDIT: Smashfest is confirmed from 20th-22nd. As of right now, there is only a 1% chance it will be a Melee tournament. Who can bring set ups? If we cannot get enough set ups, I'll just cancel it and play elsewhere. :)

Set Ups for Smashfest at San Rafael Resident Hall:

Colin Mitchell

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.

I'm coming up from 805 for my first year at Cal Poly. I'll be living in the Santa Lucia dorms (I think. The engineering ones.). I've played for a while but I'm still not very good. I play Doc.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Slo

Hey guys.

I'm coming up from 805 for my first year at Cal Poly. I'll be living in the Santa Lucia dorms (I think. The engineering ones.). I've played for a while but I'm still not very good. I play Doc.
You should play with Gishnak, Pink Reaper, Stev, Ismokeherbz, $heen, Andymosity, Warp Status (he plays mostly Brawl), etc.

Also I need to know who is interested for the smashfest so I can plan accordingly:
Huy

Set Ups for Smash Club:

N64

Melee
Dante

Brawl
Wayne (maybe)
Michael (partial if Brawl needs it without a TV)

Did anyone had any plans for September 20th-22nd before I announced the possible tournaments? :confused: If you had any original plans, then just proceed with them. There is actually only a very small chance it may be Melee.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Oh I see. :)

Does SLO plan on going to the real Ranbat 1.5 for Melee in October? I'm guessing not since it may be too far.

Who plans to come to the smashfest and who can bring set ups to the smashfest?

Also I need to know who is interested for the smashfest so I can plan accordingly:
Huy
Michael
Caleb
Dante

Dante

Set Ups for Smash Club:

N64

Melee
Dante

Brawl
Wayne (maybe)
Michael (partial if Brawl needs it without a TV)

CableCho57

Smash Lord
When is the smashfest? And because pink reaper likes this card you keep posting it? I mean this in the nicest way and I'm just wondering because it's a little annoying to see it over and over again

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Judgment Dragon

When is the smashfest? And because pink reaper likes this card you keep posting it? I mean this in the nicest way and I'm just wondering because it's a little annoying to see it over and over again
The Smashfest happens when enough people are confirmed for the smashfest and can bring set ups. Can you bring a set up? Are you going to the smashfest? Also I like that card too so even if Pink Reaper didn't bring it up, I would post it eventually.

I have a giant hard on for Judgement Dragon.

Like, any time anyone brings up something in Yugioh I say "Yeah, you know what beats that? Judgement Dragon"

It's basically meta knight in card form.
Me too. :)

Also who is down for carpooling for the Ranbat 1.5 Melee tournament in October?

Huy

Last call for biweeklies. If there isn't enough interest then I will tell Victor to cancel it.

Does anyone want to go to the Arcadian tournament? :confused: Not sure if Kevin can still give rides. :( If you are interested, post your name here.

When I take over this thread, I'm going to update the OP with this:

1. blonde
2. srbsburrito
3. Mr.Bluntedbear
4. rufioo
5. chris (he went by gay sex in the last sb tourney)
6. gannon
7. mikethemike

Huy :peach:
Dante :fox:
Caleb :falco:
Gino :falco:
Andrej :popo:
Michael :falcon:
Anthony :falcon:
Jeff :falcon:
Joe :ganon:
Ryan :falco: :Jigglypuff: :jigglypuf
Alex :samus:
Cape :fox: :mario:

Junk :dedede: :metaknight:
Crackle :snake:

Ismokeherbz

Gishnak :fox:
Pink Reaper :falcon:
$heen :falco: :ganon: :marth:
Warp Status :peach:
Andymosity :samus:
Colin Mitchell :doc:

[size=+5]I'll edit everything else tomorrow.[/size]

DanteFox

Smash Champion
you can bet your butt I'm not gonna let huy take over this thread. he makes everything too confusing lol.
You don't own the thread huy! we still have to do our 3/5 set!

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I have been posting about the biweeklies for months. Also who wants to go to the Arcadian tournament and who knows who can house us? :confused:

[size=+5]SB[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

1. blonde
2. srbsburrito
3. Mr.Bluntedbear
4. rufioo
5. chris (he went by gay sex in the last sb tourney)
6. gannon
7. mikethemike

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

Metal Reflect Slime :peach:
Hai Wayne :peach:
Dante Fox :fox:
Caleb :falco:
Gino :falco:
Serotonin / I.C.U. :popo:
Qmann :falcon:
Tony Guacamole :falcon:
Jeff :falcon:
Joe :ganondorf:
Ryan :falco: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuf
Alex :samus:
Cape :fox: :mario:
A2ZOMG :mario:

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

Junk :dedede: :metaknight:
Crackle :snake:
A2ZOMG :mario:
Dantarion :dk2:
Some Random Kid :dk2:
Vice Grip :ness:

[size=+5]SLO[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

Ismokeherbz

[size=+5]Melee[/size]

Gishnak :fox:
Pink Reaper :falcon:
$heen :falco: :ganondorf: :marth:
Warp Status :peach:
Andymosity :samus:
Colin Mitchell :drmario:
Stev :fox:

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

Warp Status :zerosuitsamus:

Also, I found the equivalent of Yu-Gi-Oh TCG for Pokemon Shoddy Battle in case anyone is interested.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yvd

I really wish Willy played more Melee. He has it in him to be god **** amazing but he just doesnt play enough.
Brian's just bad at the match up(or was, idk how he is now)
He's ****ing **** at Brawl that's his reason. He can and does place very well in it so he keeps playing.

also he likes Zamus, but then we ALL like skin tight suit samus.
I found the equivalent of Shoddy Battle Pokemon for Yu-Gi-Oh if you are interested. :chuckle:

∫unk

Smash Master
wait why cant i just hold the thread what do u want changed in the op

u guys couldnt get it done in the year i was rehabbing in norcal and then still nothing happened 3 months ive been here. during those 3 months ive built a stable community of friends/smashers that previously didnt exist

zex is also moving in w me

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Thread

omg if huy takes control of this thread that yugioh card is going to be everywhere. He might even change te thread title to judgment dragon lol
I won't do that. Anything I do on the OP is with the general consensus and interest of the SB / SLO community.

wait why cant i just hold the thread what do u want changed in the op

u guys couldnt get it done in the year i was rehabbing in norcal and then still nothing happened 3 months ive been here during those 3 months ive built a stable community of friends/smashers that previously didnt exist
Oh I thought you didn't want to take control of the thread anymore but I guess I was wrong. Well just put upcoming tournaments, carpool information, and the Smash Club location, times, venue, details, etc. :chuckle:

Like put: "Who wants to carpool to the Arcadian tournament?" or something.

Wait so Dante, is this set still happening? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom