• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
yes, in fact, i own melee and a gamecube, as well brawl and a wii :p

honestly i prefer brawl, graphics and the playing style, only thing i dislike is that peach got nerfed and the powerful MK x]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Aim

is that "wayne" referring to me or is there another wayne who plays smash at sb? haha. i didnt really go to the smash club tournament because i didnt realized i had to play in a team :/

despite liking playing brawl a lot, i dont feel comfortable playing in team because i think ill just let down my partner :p
Melee was ran as singles.

Some customers where I work were talking about smash and I asked if they know about the boards and looked at me like I was crazy lol. They said they don't like brawl and they are playing the original 64 version. I think they were ucsb students and I told them about smashclub

@wayne have you played melee? It's freakin awesome =)
Where do you work?

yes, in fact, i own melee and a gamecube, as well brawl and a wii :p

honestly i prefer brawl, graphics and the playing style, only thing i dislike is that peach got nerfed and the powerful MK x]
Post your AIM SN on your SWF account so people can contact you. Also if you contact someone for the first time or for any subsequent time, just say what you wanted to say even if the person is not there. Do you have a Gmail account? :confused: I got your message at 5 AM because I was sleeping. Now I'm probably going to shower and then go back to sleep. :(

[size=+5]Day 1:[/size]

N64:
Huy: :pikachu: :025: /

Melee:
Huy: :peach: / Dante: :fox:

Brawl:
Huy: :snake: :metaknight: / David: :mario:

[size=+5]Day 2:[/size]

N64:

Melee:
Huy: :peach: /

Brawl:
Huy: :snake: :metaknight: /

[size=+5]Day 3:[/size]

N64:

Melee:

Brawl:

[size=+5]Vietnamese Student Association Tournament (they are leaning towards Melee only):[/size]
Huy: :peach:

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Did you play Yu-Gi-Oh in the past? Do you still play? :confused:
I played it in the past and even got certified as a judge for Jump tourneys so i went to a bunch in SoCal but that was a while ago. I stopped playing for a long time but one of my friends recently got really into it so i still keep up with the current metagame. I dont actually own any cards anymore but I still play occasionally, if only to beat people who think they're good lol.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?

I played it in the past and even got certified as a judge for Jump tourneys so i went to a bunch in SoCal but that was a while ago. I stopped playing for a long time but one of my friends recently got really into it so i still keep up with the current metagame. I dont actually own any cards anymore but I still play occasionally, if only to beat people who think they're good lol.
Do you know if Yu-Gi-Oh has an equivalent Shoddy Battle similar to Pokemon? :confused:

Dante, remember to claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5. Post on this thread if you receive the reply. ;)

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
Melee was ran as singles.

Post your AIM SN on your SWF account so people can contact you. Also if you contact someone for the first time or for any subsequent time, just say what you wanted to say even if the person is not there. Do you have a Gmail account? :confused: I got your message at 5 AM because I was sleeping. Now I'm probably going to shower and then go back to sleep. :(
yaaa i didnt wanan play melee cuz i haent touched it in so long.
my gmail account is wayne.chaw@gmail.com

This doesn't even make sense

what do you mean? i just mean brawl has better graphics

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Google Talk

I don't know where the second two are. Could you tell me please?
Remember to claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5.

Some customers where I work were talking about smash and I asked if they know about the boards and looked at me like I was crazy lol. They said they don't like brawl and they are playing the original 64 version. I think they were ucsb students and I told them about smashclub

@wayne have you played melee? It's freakin awesome =)
He has played Melee. It is just that he never touched it in a while.

yaaa i didnt wanan play melee cuz i haent touched it in so long.
my gmail account is wayne.chaw@gmail.com

what do you mean? i just mean brawl has better graphics
I added you on Google Talk. Did you confirm me yet? :confused: Also should I tell VSA to postpone their tournament? I don't want multiple tournaments back to back.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Yugioh has some online apps but they dont work particularly well.

There's some DS games like Stardust Accelerator that DO work extremely well but unless you have an R4 you have to do way too much in game work to get a standard deck.

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
well, if possible, there can be more outreach/advertisements, post more fliers around the school, thats how i first found out about smash club (and then i searched it up on facebook). the facebook group for smash club can be a bit more active too, maybe post videos and news items and more updates on whats happening. thats all i can think of for now, if i actually start going to meetings i might think of more x]]

∫unk

Smash Master
i can bring 2 setups but 1 of them is a really heavy tv so realistically 1 setup, brawl or melee

and i seriously need teammates / don't know where / when these tournaments are

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Set Ups

i can bring 2 setups but 1 of them is a really heavy tv so realistically 1 setup, brawl or melee

Just check this thread as Monday 9-20-10 approaches. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the LPC, SNRR, LVR, etc. I'll be sure to post information on these tournaments and whether or not they get cancelled, postponed, moved to another room, etc.:)

N64

Melee
Dante
Jun (if Melee needs a set up)

Brawl
Jun (if Brawl needs a set up)

1. For the others that do not yet know, LPC = Loma Pelona Center = venue for the UCSB LAN Parties.

2. LVR = Linda Vista Room = venue of the UCSB Week of Welcome Back to School scrub Brawl doubles tournament where I got 2nd and got nothing. It is located 30 seconds away from FT.

3. SNRR = San Nicholas Recreation Room = Go to San Nicholas Resident Hall and just ask the front desk. It is like 10 seconds away from the front desk actually. From the library, go past the CCS room and you will see a bunch of dorms.

http://www.aw.id.ucsb.edu/maps/ucsbmap.html

All of you should be doing what Dante did.

[highlight]If you are interested in UCSB biweeklies / triweeklies, then post so I can tell the person about the level of interest.[/highlight]

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Victor:[/highlight] all of them
[highlight]Huy:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Dante:[/highlight] probably almost all of them because I don't think he missed a single Smash Club meeting except the ones that conflict with the LAN Parties. ;)
[highlight]Michael (qmann28):[/highlight] just whenever
[highlight]Sam:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Kevin:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Joe:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Ryan:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Stephen Fung:[/highlight] almost all of them
[highlight]Tejinder Singh Mangat:[/highlight] occasionally

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]
[highlight]Jaime (maybe):[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]N64[/size]
[highlight]Jaime and his friends:[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]
[highlight]Victor:[/highlight] all of them
[highlight]Gina:[/highlight] just whenever

[size=+5]Balanced Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]Project M[/size]
[highlight]Huy: [/highlight]when it comes out

[highlight]We need at least 30 people for this to happen. :colorful:[/highlight]
The number of people we have so far is [size=+5]16[/size]. The worst that can happen is there are enough people that are interested, but they do not tell me to add them to the list so I tell Victor there is not enough interest when there actually is enough interest.
1. Can a controller that has a detached joystick be fixed by reattaching it? This is actually about the orange controller that light shields by itself not the black one that Dante was unable to fix. In the black controller, the down joystick would not work.

2. Dante, remember next time to advertise (weeks in advance) on Facebook, AiB, Gamespot, GameFaqs, Nsider, in Anime Club, on the Hub, post tournament results on the OP for your UCSB LAN Party tournaments, and claim your free entry to Ranbat 1.5. For the last LAN Party, you only advertised 9 days in advance. We should do Swiss, Round Robin, pools, etc. next time.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Google Talk

I added you on Google Talk. Is Gmail your main email account?

no matter how much people try and tell you otherwise, Lightsworns will never be bad as long as this card exists.

/no relevance whatsoever
Is there a website that shows effects of all cards in Yu-Gi-Oh? One time my brother and I got bored so we cut out index cards of exact size and labeled them as names of actual Yu-Gi-Oh cards and we just played them as if they were real cards. We still memorized rulings, effects, mechanics, etc. It was actually still pretty fun, but we never entered any tournaments. I might actually do this again one time with my brother. We are so far behind the metagame though.

Now that Metagame.com is down, is there a website that has cards where you click the link and it shows the effects of the cards? I used to go on Metagame.com for that but now that website is down. :(

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Ban

no matter how much people try and tell you otherwise, Lightsworns will never be bad as long as this card exists.

/no relevance whatsoever
Is Pojo still the best Yu-Gi-Oh website?

Is there an option to make this so that it showcases card by card within sets? Like you click the set, it shows all cards with link, you click the link of the name of the card you want to see.

**** i used to play yu-gi-oh too. then i started selling my cards in middle school to kids on the bus hehehe
When did you stop playing? I stopped playing when they banned TER. :bee:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Team

/no relevance whatsoever
I'd have to ask my friend since I dont actually keep up with the tournament scene as much any more.
I see. :)

Also does anyone plan on going to WGF?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I see

ok i do keep up with the metagame but not the actual tourney scene. and none of the current winners really matter now that a new ban list was just announced.
Oh I see. :)

If anyone is interested, I also have more information regarding the Week of Welcome Scrub tournament. Apparently someone just told me that they are debating on the types of prizes that are available. So I'm taking suggestions.

I'm also taking suggestions for the Smash Club tournament. Does anyone want to have Melee doubles and Brawl singles this time instead? :confused:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I missed the Chaos Monsters especially Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End. ;)

EDIT: I'm officially confirmed for Ranbat 1.5 since Mio moved it to October if I get a ride from Joe. I need a partner for Melee doubles. Who wants to team with me? I play :peach:

EDIT 2: VSA seems to want to do Brawl instead. :crying:

EDIT 3: Does anyone want to carpool to the UCLA tournament?

EDIT 4: Smash Club is taking suggestions on alternative venues in case we cannot get LPC.

∫unk

Smash Master
next time can u guys introduce urselves if u see me (i was at 1.5). i have a hard time recognizing people (poor vision).

i dont even know if dante was there.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Nothing Wrong

whats wrong with the venue they used last year? sure its knda small but it was big enough
There was nothing wrong with the venue they had last year. :) Can you bring a set up for Melee to Smash Club?

next time can u guys introduce urselves if u see me (i was at 1.5). i have a hard time recognizing people (poor vision).

i dont even know if dante was there.
He didn't go since the attendance for Melee was too small. I am officially confirmed for the real Ranbat 1.5 that will be Melee only held in October though. I need a teammate for Melee Ranbat 1.5. Who wants to team with me? I main :peach: Who can give me a ride to this? I can split gas money. Just name me your price.

Also, official scrub tournament information comes out on Sunday September 19th, 2010 at 8 PM so check this thread after that time. You don't want to miss it. The tournament may even happen with one day in advance notice.

VSA Tournament has been postponed until a later time.

EDIT: Also I added you on Google Talk. His your Gmail your main email account?

Has anyone been getting 502 Gateway Errors recently? :confused:

I also forgot to mention that for the first time, they will be having cool prizes (not sure what this exactly really means).

Official Smash Club information will be posted on 10-2-10.

There seems to be this other Melee tournament held in TO that I saw advertised but it will probably have a scrub ruleset.

[size=+5]Day 1:[/size]

N64:

Melee:
Huy: :peach: / Dante: :fox:

Brawl:
Huy: :snake: :metaknight: / David: :mario:

[size=+5]Day 2:[/size]

N64:

Melee:

Brawl:

[size=+5]Day 3:[/size]

N64:

Melee:

Brawl:

[size=+5]Vietnamese Student Association Tournament (they are leaning towards Melee only):[/size]
Huy: :peach:

[size=+5]Joel cannot host. Who can host for Smashfest September 20th-22nd?[/size]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom