• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I was under the impression that joe was bringing alex as well, huy.

"hang up" is like a mental block or when someone is averse to something.

I used to have a ganon and peach hangup before I got practice against joe, josh and you.
Oh I see. :bee:

Well it's all tentative seeing how I don't have my license yet. And dude the tourney is like 5 months away so we don't have to go nuts about it now lol
Going nuts about this now > last minute preparation with a lot of confusion / misunderstanding about rides / etc. (like last time at GSG with SB concerning rides and carpooling). :chuckle:

Wait so you are saying passengers sitting in the "DVD seats" can play Melee while the driver is driving with the car moving?

Also what is the MPG mileage on your mother's car, Caleb? How much gas money would you charge for a round trip? You need to make this clear when offering rides so people can know. Sometimes people are hesitant to ask for rides because they think the driver will ask them to pay an unreasonable amount of money. How many seats does your mother's car have?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
idk that's mostly up to sheen i guess lol.
So assuming Dante and $heen don't show up or $heen decides to team with someone else, do you want to team with me? :confused:

Caleb, can you ask your mother what is the MPG mileage on her car? How much gas money would you charge for a round trip? You need to make this clear when offering rides so people can know. Sometimes people are hesitant to ask for rides because they think the driver will ask them to pay an unreasonable amount of money. How many seats does your mother's car have?

Wait so you are saying passengers sitting in the "DVD seats" can play Melee while the driver is driving with the car moving?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
as of now I am not offering any rides just forget I mentioned it and when I get my license and the okay from my mom then I'll let you guys know. As of now don't even consider it.
Actually I only need a ride from SB / SLO if I can't find a ride from San Jose and even then it might be too much trouble for SB / SLO to make a detour to my house. Actually if it comes down to it, I can house people in exchange for giving me a ride if I cannot find a ride to Concord from San Jose. Right now I am just brainstorming a list of people that are interested and people that can possibly drive.

From SB:

Interested:
Joe
Dante
Caleb

Can offer rides:
Joe
Caleb (when he gets his driver's license and gets permission to use his mother's car)

MRS Game:
Brian: 2
Dante: 2
Pink Reaper: 2
Caleb: 1
$heen: 0 because his posts didn't follow up on the post right away.

I think the winner of the MRS game should either get a discount for gas money in terms of carpooling or a discount off the venue fee for the next tournament where SLO / SB meets or something.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Actually I only need a ride from SB / SLO if I can't find a ride from San Jose and even then it might be too much trouble for SB / SLO to make a detour to my house. Actually if it comes down to it, I can house people in exchange for giving me a ride if I cannot find a ride to Concord from San Jose. Right now I am just brainstorming a list of people that are interested and people that can possibly drive.

From SB:

Interested:
Joe
Dante
Caleb

Can offer rides:
Joe
Caleb (when he gets his driver's license and gets permission to use his mother's car)
Im calling a point for this one in the MRS game as well

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Wait wahts going on? Huy are you in sb right now? I'm hella confused.
I'll team with you huy.
If we did monthlies, would we have to have brawl? I guess turnout would be increased and we could probably get players from brawl to play melee too. but lets face it, brawl is a boring bad game and it only detracts from melee imo. obviously id show up either way, but F brawl. huy i might be going to ran bat 1.5 and i could probably house you for the night before, but we are gonna have to wait till we get closer to that date.
What's the best way to introduce new UCSB students to Melee? :confused:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I thought Crackle and A2Z (both Brawl players) were in charge of the video game club.
You should update the first post to keep track of all of the points in the MRS game.

From SB going to DGDTJ:

Interested:
Joe
Dante
Caleb

Can offer rides:
Joe (if he has a full car of 5)
Caleb (when he gets his driver's license and gets permission to use his mother's car and if he gets a full car of 7)

MRS Game:
Brian: 2
Dante: 2
Pink Reaper: 2
Caleb: 1
$heen: 0 because his posts didn't follow up on the post right away.

I think the winner of the MRS game should either get a discount for gas money in terms of carpooling or a discount off the venue fee for the next tournament where SLO / SB meets or something.

Jon plays Brawl. David and Anthony play both. :mario: I actually got into competitive Melee from Andrew's tournament not SWF. I only created an account on SWF for Brawl when it was announced.

Who wants to team with me for the VSA tournament? The prizes are probably gift cards.

∫unk

Smash Master
Maybe I'll update the OP with the MRS game in the future. For now I'm enjoying the pressures of 2 finals and a research paper due in the next 72 hours.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'd like to come to that tournament, when is it? I haz to Brawlz! Metalreflects who are you in person by the way?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
UCSB N64 Smash / Melee / Brawl

I'd like to come to that tournament, when is it? I haz to Brawlz! Metalreflects who are you in person by the way?
They said "in the near future on a Saturday." :confused: Huy.

wait when is that tourney?! ill go for 64 and brawl
They said "in the near future on a Saturday." :confused:

They will also have another one during week of welcome on Monday September 27, 2010.

Also I need a teammate for N64 Smash and Melee. If it comes down to it, I'll team with someone in N64 Smash or Brawl if they promise they will team with me for Melee (and I don't play Brawl or N64 Smash competitively) if I cannot find a partner for Melee.

Also concentrate on your final exams and research paper first. I'm 90% sure "in the near future on a Saturday" means after final exams or something. Also I need some UCSB students to check around for flyers / Facebook for this event since I am not on campus and I'm the SS of FB (logs in once a year).

Also regarding teams, here are my mains in teams:
N64 Smash: :025:
Melee: :fox: :falcon:
Brawl: :metaknight:

What are your mains in teams, Jun? :confused: At Andrew's tournament, I saw you main:
N64 Smash:
Melee: :039:
Brawl: :dedede:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
huy why isn't peach there as your main in teams?

I'll team with you if I can make it.
Who does Jun main in N64 Smash teams? :confused: Peach is actually my tertiary. The only reason I have been using Peach is because my old controllers couldn't L-cancel / tech / wavedash / etc. properly. Also a Fox + Jigglypuff is better than Peach + Jigglypuff. Actually does anyone know what is the best teams character combinations? Is it double Fox, double Jigglypuff, or Fox + Jigglypuff? :confused:

They said "in the near future on a Saturday." Caleb, are you busy on a certain Saturday? I can try to tell them to move it to a different Saturday. Which Saturday are you busy on?

Stev

Smash Ace
Who does Jun main in N64 Smash teams? :confused: Peach is actually my tertiary. The only reason I have been using Peach is because my old controllers couldn't L-cancel / tech / wavedash / etc. properly. Also a Fox + Jigglypuff is better than Peach + Jigglypuff. Actually does anyone know what is the best teams character combinations? Is it double Fox, double Jigglypuff, or Fox + Jigglypuff? :confused:

They said "in the near future on a Saturday." Caleb, are you busy on a certain Saturday? I can try to tell them to move it to a different Saturday. Which Saturday are you busy on?
lol double jiggs? Everything about that just sounds awful... watching, playing against, play as... EVERYTHING. You get down to a 2 on 1 and it's tough and you have no balance against counterpicks. Probably fox and puff or maybe double fox

CableCho57

Smash Lord
im free on almost any saturday as long as i know ahead of time.

and a typical good combo is a fast char with a good kill move like cfalc, fox, shiek and a floaty char with good recovery like jiggs, peach, maybe marth.

∫unk

Smash Master
lol MRS

I play D3/MK in brawl, Jiggs in melee (if that even counts, I don't actually understand how she plays at all maybe I'll sit down with Dante so I have some idea what to do)... so naturally Kirby in 64 :]

As far as teaming I know in Brawl a bunch of people want to team so I doubt we would... there's just a line of peeps that I said I'd team with in the future and haven't yet.

I would refuse to team with you until I got better in Melee.

64 is meh I gotta see.

It's important to team with people near your skill level, or its hard to play your best in doubles, and it's hard to get better at it. I have no idea what your level is at any of the games, and it's not worth discussing on the boards ;]

And more importantly, the tournament is at an undisclosed time in the future, but it doesn't seem like it would start until fall quarter so just chills for now.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
1. Does anyone know how many days of notice in advance does the UCSB A.S. Tech Committee need to know in order to schedule a LAN Party (so it doesn't conflict with Pat's House like last year). :confused:

2. Would anyone be willing to go to 2 tournaments back to back if one was held on Saturday and the other was held on Sunday (so I can tell them to move the date by one week)?

3. John doesn't log onto AIM as often as he should. :(

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
hey, metalreflectslime, if theres a smash 64 tourney going on down in sb on a saturday, id be down to drive down there (as long as i can get housing for that nite, that is lol). i also know around 6 smash 64 players down in sb that would more than likely be down to play some smash 64. ill also team with u if u want. my samus is ****. let me know as soon as theres a set date

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
hey, metalreflectslime, if theres a smash 64 tourney going on down in sb on a saturday, id be down to drive down there (as long as i can get housing for that nite, that is lol). i also know around 6 smash 64 players down in sb that would more than likely be down to play some smash 64. ill also team with u if u want. my samus is ****. let me know as soon as theres a set date
It looks like the N64 Smash tournament (in conjunction with the Melee and Brawl tournament) is held on a Saturday that precedes Ranbat 1.5 and usually holding two tournaments back to back on the same weekend is a bad idea since the turnout on the Sunday will be much worse. So I'm trying to get it moved to a different Saturday. Also who else in SB plays N64 Smash? :confused:

EDIT: Also who can house Jaime and I? Joe said he can house me, but can anyone else house Jaime?

EDIT: SB should go to this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282686 If someone gets a full car of 5, the gas money is affordable, and we get confirmed housing, then I will go to this.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
It looks like the N64 Smash tournament (in conjunction with the Melee and Brawl tournament) is held on a Saturday that precedes Ranbat 1.5 and usually holding two tournaments back to back on the same weekend is a bad idea since the turnout on the Sunday will be much worse. So I'm trying to get it moved to a different Saturday. Also who else in SB plays N64 Smash? :confused:

EDIT: Also who can house Jaime and I? Joe said he can house me, but can anyone else house Jaime?

EDIT: SB should go to this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282686 If someone gets a full car of 5, the gas money is affordable, and we get confirmed housing, then I will go to this.
these players usually hang around the smash 64 boards, but they are:
1. blonde
2. srbsburrito
3. Mr.Bluntedbear
4. rufioo
5. chris (he went by gay sex in the last sb tourney)
6. gannon
7. mikethemike
and all of these players are good, too.

i can try asking one of them to house me, but its not a guarantee. also, the earliest i know a date, the better

CableCho57

Smash Lord
these players usually hang around the smash 64 boards, but they are:
1. blonde
2. srbsburrito
3. Mr.Bluntedbear
4. rufioo
5. chris (he went by gay sex in the last sb tourney)
6. gannon
7. mikethemike
and all of these players are good, too.

i can try asking one of them to house me, but its not a guarantee. also, the earliest i know a date, the better
Are these all these ppl in sb?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Are these all these ppl in sb?
Some of them went to the biweekly tournament (N64 Smash, Melee, Brawl) held by DSF and Nezumi. :colorful: Also who else from SB is interested in going to these:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282201
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282686

It looks like the VSA one can only be held on the Saturday before Ranbat 1.5 which will decrease attendance so I told them to postpone it to a later time. Has anyone from SB attended one of these before?

Who is interested in Smash biweeklies / triweeklies (this is different from the VSA one and the one John, Jun, etc. mentioned)? It will have N64, Melee, and Brawl (singles and doubles). It can only happen if there are enough interest with enough attendance on a biweekly / triweekly basis so that the person who is getting the venue doesn't get ripped off. If the one John, Jun, etc. mentioned attracts more entrants then I will just tell the person to cancel it and have everyone go to the John, Junk, etc. one instead. Also indicate what events you would enter and how often you would attend these if it happened.

If this were to happen, the first one would be on 10-2-10.

Interested:

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Huy[/highlight] (singles / doubles / all of them except maybe when there are a lot of midterms, at most I will probably just skip 2 or 3 of the biweeklies / triweeklies)

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]

[size=+5]Balance Brawl[/size]

I don't think anyone at SB plays Brawl +, Brawl -, and Balance Brawl competitively so we might take those 3 games out but I'm just leaving it up there to see if there is any interest.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yeah take those 3 off lol. And anyone interested in some melee at my place this Sunday?
Who else is coming?

i doubt ill make it but ill c if i can come to this and bring aj

whats balance brawl?
A Brawl hack.

So this is on the 14th for sure huy?
I told them to cancel it because of the Ranbat 1.5 on Sunday. :( Are you interested in the biweeklies / triweeklies? If so, indicate your name and how often you would attend one of these if it happened so I can tell them the level of interest.

Interested:

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Huy[/highlight] (singles / doubles / all of them except maybe when there are a lot of midterms, at most I will probably just skip 2 or 3 of the biweeklies / triweeklies)

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]

I don't think anyone at SB plays Brawl +, Brawl -, and Balance Brawl competitively so we might take those 3 games out but I'm just leaving it up there to see if there is any interest.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Id be down for smash 64, and if theres some down time, maybe brawl. i have weekends off, but half of the time i got stuff going on. id probably attend 1 every month if its on a saturday, i dont have anything going on that day, and i can get housing. the best bet is giving me atleast 1 months notice and ill make it.

and i can prolly get my homies to go too for smash 64

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Who else is interested in SB Smash biweeklies? It would be on Saturdays. I need enough interest for this to happen so the person getting the venue doesn't lose money.

[size=+5]Melee[/size]
[highlight]Huy:[/highlight] almost all of them

[size=+5]Brawl[/size]

[size=+5]N64[/size]
[highlight]Jaime and his friends:[/highlight] once a month or so.

[size=+5]Brawl +[/size]

[size=+5]Brawl -[/size]

We need at least 30 people for this to happen. :colorful:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom