• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

∫unk

Smash Master
Hey I think most of the Brawl ppl are texting each other, but I've held quite a few smashfests so far already. If you play Brawl and you aren't at my smashfests, feel free to come by to my place for smash.

PM me here, on AiB (http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Junk.ai), or text me 6504216192

We will be going to the bi-weekly circuit. This is the next one: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10068

After this circuit, I think I will continue going to tournaments on a bi-weekly basis.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Who from SB is going to GSG? :confused: I would like to be in the crew battles. Me, Joe, Ryan, Cape, Alex? The back ups could be Ryan's brother, a friend, Caleb, Dante, Michael. Who is in Joe's car right now? Dante and or Caleb would like to fill up that spot in case someone flakes out. They will pitch in gas money though. I want to have a full car of 5 people so we can do crews.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Wait wahts going on? Huy are you in sb right now? I'm hella confused.
I'm in San Jose, CA which is 1 hour away from Concord, CA. I just want the SB crew to come so we can do crew battles. Who from SB is coming in Joe's car? :confused: Also you don't log into AIM, Google Talk, etc. as often as you should be. :(
Also I want to team for GSG.

EDIT: Who wants to team with me for Ranbat 1.5? How many people are usually in Joe's car? Who can house me?

∫unk

Smash Master
Dante, Crackle, and whoever else is in charge of smash club's administration: I would like to actively be part of the tournament organization process and increase the number of tournaments at UCSB (I was thinking monthly).

Do you guys have any idea how I could go about this? Is it even possible?

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Get interest from the locale, and it looks like it could probably happen. But once we open UCSB tournaments to public outside UCSB the implications might drive UCSB students away. Not sure if we wanna do it.

The admins are TonyGuacomole, A2Z, and I. Active help is always appreciated.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I'll team with you huy.
i don't know if I can house you.
I'll try to ask Caleb for housing except he doesn't log onto AIM / Google Talk as often as he should. :(

Dante, Crackle, and whoever else is in charge of smash club's administration: I would like to actively be part of the tournament organization process and increase the number of tournaments at UCSB (I was thinking monthly).

Do you guys have any idea how I could go about this? Is it even possible?
It is possible.

Get interest from the locale, and it looks like it could probably happen. But once we open UCSB tournaments to public outside UCSB the implications might drive UCSB students away. Not sure if we wanna do it.

The admins are TonyGuacomole, A2Z, and I. Active help is always appreciated.
Why would it drive UCSB students away? :confused:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
nope. more competition is never bad. I know the ucsb smash scene. Most are very casual, and are reluctant to enter a tournament anyway. The trouble would be enticing them to enter in the first place, not the competition.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
I pretty much never use aim or google talk so the best way to reach me would be email or text. And how long do you need housing for huy? Odds are I won't be able to but who knows maybe my mom might be cool with it. And who the heck is Swiss?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I pretty much never use aim or google talk so the best way to reach me would be email or text. And how long do you need housing for huy? Odds are I won't be able to but who knows maybe my mom might be cool with it. And who the heck is Swiss?
Round Robin with all entrants in the tournament > Swiss > Pools (Round Robin within the pool) > Straight up brackets from the beginning.

We cannot have Round Robin at the LAN Parties, VSA, or RHA because there is not enough time. :( Probably 4 days of housing. If I get confirmed housing in SB for the 4 days leading up to Ranbat 1.5 on August 15 then I will go to the Oxnard biweekly. If not, then I will just crash somewhere close to SB, go to the interview, then go home.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
do i get a point?

round robin is pools, also is every making it out to the next ranbat?
The post has to actually contain no Shy Guys, Pokemon, emoticons, etc. for it to count towards a point. Also I meant to say Round Robin with all the entrants in the tournament instead of just Round Robin. Sorry for the confusion. :( Also who else from SB / SLO is going to Apex 2010? :confused:

CableCho57

Smash Lord
The post has to actually contain no Shy Guys, Pokemon, emoticons, etc. for it to count towards a point. Also I meant to say Round Robin with all the entrants in the tournament instead of just Round Robin. Sorry for the confusion. :( Also who else from SB / SLO is going to Apex 2010? :confused:
Huy are you going to apex? The phrasing of your question sounds like you are.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
If we did monthlies, would we have to have brawl? I guess turnout would be increased and we could probably get players from brawl to play melee too. but lets face it, brawl is a boring bad game and it only detracts from melee imo. obviously id show up either way, but F brawl. huy i might be going to ran bat 1.5 and i could probably house you for the night before, but we are gonna have to wait till we get closer to that date.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
If we did monthlies, would we have to have brawl? I guess turnout would be increased and we could probably get players from brawl to play melee too. but lets face it, brawl is a boring bad game and it only detracts from melee imo. obviously id show up either way, but F brawl. huy i might be going to ran bat 1.5 and i could probably house you for the night before, but we are gonna have to wait till we get closer to that date.
I have this interview scheduled in SB on Thursday so if SB can provide housing for Thursday through Sunday then I can come to Ranbat 1.5 because the thing is that I may stay somewhere close to SB and then go to UCSB for the interview and then just go straight home after the interview if SB can't house me multiple days / nights. If I miss Ranbat 1.5 then we can play at the Melee Monthlies I guess. I'll update SB on my arrival and about the interview too. Thanks. :093:

EDIT: The people who are running UCSB Monthlies suggested Brawl but Dante and I are trying to run Melee as a side event.

EDIT 2: Is anyone from SLO / SB coming to this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282201

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
screw that, after missing out on the last one, Ima go to the next one. lets team huy.
We should all make plans to carpool to this 3 weeks in advance so that there is no confusion, misunderstanding, etc. like last time. The SB crew couldn't come last time because Joe wanted to save gas money by getting a ride with someone else so he didn't bring his own car. Also Joe most likely would have taken his own car to Concord if he had a full car of 5 people (with each person pitching in equal amounts of gas money). In order to prevent what happened to SB at GSG, we all need to tell Joe (or the driver) that we will pitch in gas money and not flake out so Joe doesn't have to pay the gas money by himself. So far, the only Melee smashers I know in SB that live in SB year round is Alex, Joe, Ryan, Caleb, Cape, and Dante so one person will not get a ride. :( Also if you plan on going to DGDTJ, post in the SB / SLO thread right now so people can know, coordinate plans, etc. :peach:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
lol I assumed joe had a full car since he didn't invite me or cho. I guess he must have a hangup about charging gas money or something. I'll have to make it clear next time that I'll pay him for his trouble.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Yeah me too. And Joe and Ryan said cape dosent play melee anymore so I guess you can count him out. And I would be hella down. And I think it's a safe assumption that I would have my license by then so I might be able to take my moms van which has a built in DVD player that we can use to play melee with.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
lol I assumed joe had a full car since he didn't invite me or cho. I guess he must have a hangup about charging gas money or something. I'll have to make it clear next time that I'll pay him for his trouble.
I still didn't understand how Joe had a "full car" if you said that Joe said the following people were in his car, "Joe, Ryan, Ryan's brother, Ryan's friend" on AIM. That is four people with one empty seat (unless it is a car with 4 seats or something). :confused: Actually I'm going to start to make a carpool list for SB to go to DGDTJ.

Interested in going to DGDTJ:
Joe (based on the fact that he texted me saying he wanted to go to another CA regional if given the opportunity)
Dante

We need 3 more people to fill the car. Any takers? :confused: Also Jason is giving discounts for bringing fans (even though it is taking place the 3rd weekend of December) so if you want to save $5, bring a fan. :) Also entering NorCal tournaments made me realize that I may need to switch my main or pick up a good secondary. ;)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
What does the words "hang up" mean in this context? :confused:

Yeah me too. And Joe and Ryan said cape dosent play melee anymore so I guess you can count him out. And I would be hella down. And I think it's a safe assumption that I would have my license by then so I might be able to take my moms van which has a built in DVD player that we can use to play melee with.
Wait so you are saying passengers sitting in the "DVD seats" can play Melee while the driver is driving with the car moving? :confused:

Yeah Im down to go.
I added you to the list:

Interested in going to DGDTJ:
Joe (based on the fact that he texted me saying he wanted to go to another CA regional if given the opportunity)
Dante
Caleb

Also what is the MPG mileage on your mother's car, Caleb? How much gas money would you charge for a round trip? You need to make this clear when offering rides so people can know. Sometimes people are hesitant to ask for rides because they think the driver will ask them to pay an unreasonable amount of money. How many seats does your mother's car have?

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I was under the impression that joe was bringing alex as well, huy.

"hang up" is like a mental block or when someone is averse to something.

I used to have a ganon and peach hangup before I got practice against joe, josh and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom