• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We can probably get something going on Friday perhaps, and a good chunk should be able to play during the week.
Also, depends on HOBO too. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm getting a chuckle or two out of it. Thanks. :applejack:
I love that GHZ Remix too. Been awhile since I heard it last.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Sorry, SA. I love $5 tournaments too, but I'm really tired of fighting my own people about everything right now. -_-
Top players guaranteed money complain about it not being $10 so they can have more money in their wallets.
Of course more then two OoC is coming to this.

When it's raised to $10, count me out since some of us are penny pinching.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
There hasnt been a $5 tournament in forever, the standards been $10 for so long. Dunno why people getting upset over it ._.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You're missing the point, Paw.
A tournament that was originally $5 is most likely going to be changed to $10 cause of OoC top players wanting it to be worth the trip.

So again, the price kinda matters, but so is the direction the tournament is about to turn cause of 4 or so posts. (Most likely gonna be more posts asking for $10)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Saving up my money for the con at the end of this month and mizumi, although if I had a ride I could possibly make it to more tournies. Also, my city has grown to have 10 smashers, so hopefully soon I can host a small Gatti's Town tourney again

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
i bet if the tournament started at $10 there'd be no problem
Seriously, this is ****en sad. Tournaments with out of city attendance aka almost a regional (in our case being TX) are always $10. Its been like this for nearly 4 years. Of course it has to be worth it to a person trying to win money. Being the venue fee $1, I don't see how you can be missing an opportunity to play with all the other cities. TX will never grow like this.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Seriously, this is ****en sad. Tournaments with out of city attendance aka almost a regional (in our case being TX) are always $10. Its been like this for nearly 4 years. Of course it has to be worth it to a person trying to win money. Being the venue fee $1, I don't see how you can be missing an opportunity to play with all the other cities. TX will never grow like this.
Assuming I cared if the tourny scene grew I still havent practiced enough with my secondary to not feel like a 10$ tournament is wasting my time and more importantly my money.

:phone:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Kon - you've had since last year to begin practicing in place of the MK ban but I can see why you wouldn't want to go period. If anything, you should still go to play friendlies and practice. Tourney would benefit you better but w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom