• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saffron City - East Coast Regional MELEE Monthlies! ON HOLD indefinitely

Eggm

Smash Hero
Shout outs :

Scar - CP stages BLOW.
Tec0 - Actually made money
Eggm - Won his 2nd tournament in a row ****.
Vanz - We didn't play in bracket or freindlies you suck.
Tipman - Best ganon ever.
Prog - Tournament clown award.
G$ - YEAH!!!??? YEAHHHHHHHHH!? YAH!!!@$!@$
Warriorknight - Looked mad cute
DJ Nintendo - Was my hardest match in brackets today and *****.
Wendel - Called me during a match was gay distracted me.
D1 - Super fun friendlies glad your getting back into melee.
XYT - Step it up.
Reno - Step it up. Lox an greit cheese? Wtf ??
Alukard - Close, maybe next time. :)
Alex/Crismas - Thanks for hosting.

Everyone else - YOU SUCK FOR NOT BRINGING CUBES THERE WERE LIKE 6 CUBES THERE TOTAL AND BROUGHT 2. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME EVERYONE COULDA GOTTEN SO MUCH MORE FRIENDLIES WE HAD LIKE 6 TV'S DOWNSTAIRS YOU ALL BLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW STEP THAT UP WOW I HATE YOU ALL.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Please someone with any knowledge of food.
Lox and BRIE CHEESE. EXPLAIN IT TO EGGM.

Alukard

Smash Hero
PEOPLE COME TO MY TOURNEY ... if i get as many people to show up to my tourney as well ... i will have 5$ venue too !!!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
u find a way to move to tristate ... cuz we have every character even bowsers beasting ...

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
lmao matt i dont believe u didn't sandbag. first couple of stocks was like fighting general good average player, last stock was effin m2k status to me lol. but yeah good stuff anywho. u are the man.

trust me this tourney is the worst i've played in .... forever. it was depressing.

Alukard

Smash Hero
lmao matt i dont believe u didn't sandbag. first couple of stocks was like fighting general good average player, last stock was effin m2k status to me lol. but yeah good stuff anywho. u are the man.

trust me this tourney is the worst i've played in .... forever. it was depressing.
take it in as exp. learn from ur mistakes and

COME ON ... get hyped off today i saw u and prog vs zro and tipman ... u did sooooo well with fox ... but u chickened out and picked peach ... GET HYPE YELLOW SHIRT GUY LOLOLOLOL

SERIOUSLY ... TODAY FELT LIKE w2z WITH ALL THE OLD SCHOOL PEEPS THERE

Eggm

Smash Hero
Felt like w2z with being crowded and lack of setups too. Seriously guys we really need to step that up. I had at least 4 people say to me I don't feel like lugging around a gc. Its really not that big or hard to "lug" around. ******s.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
oh fail on my part then.

Did you alter the Ustream settings for best performance(like a bette frame rate?) anyone else watch the Ustream and get ****ty quality? I was getting like 15fps
I lowered the quality for smoother streaming, but it didn't always get the best FPS.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Chain ace told me the stream looked just like youtube, and only slowed down for a few seconds at a time not that bad.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero

I didn't sandbag I just played better on my last stock :D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Normally I do not complain about things much but I figure I should just state this out of the way.

I found it upsetting that many people did not bring setups. I had televisions downstairs that we could of used for more friendlies and tournament setups. I hate when a tournament runs a little late or runs longer than it could of been. All I asked for was gamecubes/wii's and even that was a pain for most people. I know most people have gamecubes so it is not a hard thing to put a 2 POUND box in your book bag and bring it down. I see people with bookbags and bags in general with NOTHING in it. That pisses me off. Quick to complain about setups but not quick enough to bring stuff out to help. Even when people had extra disks it was a PAIN to get them to help out and donate the disk for a DAY.

I cannot thank enough people like Eggm and others who brought things.

It was also upsetting to get you guys to play your matches. Normally IDC and people usually stop what they are doing and follow my 30 seconds of directions so we can start. Instead I had to PULL teeth to get people to listen to me. No offense but none of you should be showing me that disrespect.

I ask people to pause and quit because I like to be heard so people do not run around like a bunch of morons. Certain people have done this for years with me and I am quite fed up. Not only that other people have done STUPID things that day that pissed me off like show up late promising to team with people and just not show up til 3:30pm with barely a guilty conscious. My final straw is being *****ed at for running things ON TIME. I am sorry if I do want more friendlies to be played at the end but I am here to wait til 8pm to start singles. I am not a ****ty TO and I take pride in putting these together for everyone.

This day helped me realize that many people in this community are morons. People that do not listen are children and want things done for them and I am a tad sick of not having people follow my instructions. All I ask is for 5 god **** ****ing mins of your ****ing time and thats all that should be needed so we can start. what happens when more people come you expect to play your ****ing friendlies and say " naw son im listening dont worry" this is disrespectful and its been the same people that piss me off that pull this ****.

Next one is tentatively in Dec but based on if I give a flying ****ing **** about the one pet peeve about respect I have I should probably cancel this so you can drive to out of the way venues where it takes 3+ hours via public transit from ny to the venue.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I would have listened to your instructions more if there were more setups, but I had to squeeze every friendly I could in with a 360$ pot.. I suck when not warmed up and it was hard as hell to find friendlies to play. People might call me greedy or whiny, but when there's that much money on the line I'm going to do whatever it takes to get my warmups in. Its even more annoying when you got fight through the huge crowd of people to get to the tv's then wait in line then maybe get 1-2 friendlies in before its used for tourney when you brought 1/3 of the setups there with that much money on the line and not being able to warmup properly its a lot of pressure. Sorry if I made you mad if that post was directed at me. :) People just need to bring cubes. With 12 setups it wouldn't even have mattered if people wouldn't get off for friendlies heh.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
This game is more about warming up and I realize that. I was upset and some things your said bothered me but at the same time...I cannot say anything about you cause YOU BROUGHT SETUPS and for that I cannot thank you enough. You definitely showed your a great player and I thank you for being honest as always...even if it is whiny lol.

j/k thanks as always for bringing setups. I still feel the same way that i did as the previous post. I am tired of running events and not having people listen and bring setups. It is really sad how childish people are.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
i feel like part of that statement is slightly aimed at me, however i stand by what i did of not playing my match right away, some ppl dont do well under pressure, and it takes ME alot of concentration to put the jitters out of my system, and to not play ****ty like ive never played matches b4, i know i shouldnt be like that but i still am and i cant play stressful match after stressful match just cuz u want to finish 5 mins earlier, im sorry for delaying your tournament but idc im not a pro i need to be able to stop and think and relax.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It is a general statement Benny. I understand both sides as a TO and a player. Bottom line is that when I start the tournament everyone should listen to me and not play friendlies. How is it my fault that people come late? I have to wait for everyone to be ready to play? I disagree with waiting for everyone instead of people getting up earlier and coming to the venue on time vs me being lenient ...being lenient is a bad idea >_<

Alukard

Smash Hero
This game is more about warming up and I realize that. I was upset and some things your said bothered me but at the same time...I cannot say anything about you cause YOU BROUGHT SETUPS and for that I cannot thank you enough. You definitely showed your a great player and I thank you for being honest as always...even if it is whiny lol.

j/k thanks as always for bringing setups. I still feel the same way that i did as the previous post. I am tired of running events and not having people listen and bring setups. It is really sad how childish people are.
thats the hardships of runnin tournaments people ... so please appreciate us

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yup it sucks. I feel like the community would grow faster if all the scrubs had tv's to play on too. Tv's are the hard part i can't believe people won't bring a little *** gamecube in their bags.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
What upset me was when I saw 3 or 4 new people and I had to force people off tvs cause everyone wants to stay on the tvs with their friends.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Yeah, though I got 3 hours of matches with Haley and his brother recorded at his house, then we played more while drinking after the tourney <3. I played like crap, probably because I didn't warm up or some ****. But I won't John about that, I had fun while I was there. Sucks that Seb *****ed out.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Yup it sucks. I feel like the community would grow faster if all the scrubs had tv's to play on too. Tv's are the hard part i can't believe people won't bring a little *** gamecube in their bags.
Coming from someone who used to not bring anything, its really important to bring systems. It helps alot.

Top Bottom