The same venue the Viridian City monthlies, The E-Spot (http://www.theespot.com) are currently being held are now going to also going to start holding Melee monthlies now! I spoke to them about the possibility of holding these and the owner was more than glad to start having them.
Alex and I plan on running these (mostly of course him since he's pro, haha) and if anyone else is willing to help run these they are more than welcome to. For now they will be held once a month or once every other month depending on Viridian City's scheduled date and other tournaments within the venue/generally other tournaments. The important thing is that everyone brings TV's! There is a waived venue fee for anyone who brings a TV. The venue only has 4 LCD's, and as we all know Melee + LCD's = ... so I encourage those who can help out to please do so!
The venue is easily accessible from New York City and Jersey. I'll post the directions from the Viridian thread on here and post up some rules soon.
The E Spot
445 Central Ave.
Jersey City, NJ 07307
$5 Venue Fee
$20 Doubles ( 10 per person )
NOTE: IF YOU BRING A TV YOU WILL RECEIVE FREE VENUE FEE!
Tournament Sign-ups begin at 10am-12:30pmTournament Begins at 12:30pm
PAST TOURNAMENT RESULTS
Saffron City #1 - Date: 8/1/09
STATS: 9 TEAMS, 26 SINGLES
Saffron City #2 - Date: 9/26/09
STATS: 12 TEAMS, 35 SINGLES
Saffron City #3 - Date: 12/5/09
STATS: 13 TEAMS, 41 SINGLES
Saffron City #4 - Date: 2/20/10
STATS: TEAMS, 28 SINGLES
Saffron City #5 - Date: 4/17/10
STATS: 7 TEAMS, 15 SINGLES
Saffron City #6 - Date: 7/24/10
STATS: 6 TEAMS, 20 SINGLES
Saffron City #7 - Date: TBA
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
EVERYONE MUST READ THESE!
- NO cursing in the store. I know this is hard, but please keep any kind of swearing out of your conversation. This is the stores rules, so please respect them.
- NO outside food is allowed in the store.
- NO REFUNDS! Once you pay, that's it!
- B.Y.O.C. = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! The store will not provide a controller for you nor will we.
- We (the store, and T.O.'s in charge) are NOT responsible for anything stolen or any items left behind. If you bring a Wii for us to use, you better keep an eye on it. When you bring your controller, keep it at your side at all costs. We can not be your eyes and ears, you must be responsible for your own stuff.
- All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
- All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
- Items are OFF.
- If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
- Wobbling is banned and will result in DQ of the match.
- You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
- Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
- Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
- Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.
- Pausing during a match will result in a loss of one stock during the match being played.
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Kongo Jungle
- Rainbow Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium
- Kongo Jungle
- Rainbow Cruise
Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.
The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of this ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.
I am going to be as helpful as possible in these directions so that everyone has an easy time getting to the venue. IF anyone has any direction suggestions that I should add or need help with please let me (Crismas) know!
- TRAIN: Take the LIGHT RAIL to PAVONIA NEWPORT and transfer to get the TONELLE AVENUE train. You will get off two stops later at the 9th street station. You will get on the elevator then go left to cross the street and will be on CONGRESS ST, walk all the way up to CENTRAL AVE and make a left and walk a couple blocks still on CENTRAL AVE and you will see the venue on the right side of the street.
**NOTE there are many ways to go to this venue from NYC so I am listing the best possible ways**
- Go to Port Authority (41st and 8th), go to Gate 51 and take the mini van, cost is only 2.50 -- You will take this bus to BLEECKER STREET (ask the bus driver). You will then walk 4 blocks down to Central Ave and voila! **NOTE, the mini vans do not have schedules but they run every 5 minutes, the last bus is 11:30pm going back to NYC**
- Go to Port Authority and take the 125 bus at Gate 407 (SCHEDULE http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0125.pdf) to BLEECKER STREET (ask the bus driver). You will then walk 4 blocks down to Central Ave and voila!
- Go to Port Authority and take the 126 bus (SCHEDULE AND GATE# http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0126.pdf) to HOBOKEN which is the last stop then follow any of the two directions below. **NOTE on this schedule, you'll see little notes, you can take the L or LL but not the S**
- Go to 32nd and 6th ave to catch the PATH train to HOBOKEN once there you will catch the 85 bus at the terminal (look for the marquee that says what buses stop where), fare is 1.35 (SCHEDULE -- http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0085.pdf) and take it to Central Ave. You will see "Kay's Spring Garden" when you get off and you'll walk left of that down two blocks where the venue will be on the right side of the street. **NOTE I personally think this is the easiest way to get to the venue**
- Alternate to above is to take the 87 bus (http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0087.pdf), you will get off at CONGRESS AND PALISADES and then walk up CONGRESS STREET until you reach CENTRAL AVE then take the same walking directions as above. **NOTE I only suggest this way if you're running late and wanna catch something quick**
From NYC by car:
- FROM PORT AUTHORITY TO VENUE: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=8+41ST+Ave,+New+York,+NY+10001+(Por t+Authority+Bus+Terminal)&daddr=445+Central+Ave.+J ersey+City,+NJ+07307&hl=en&geocode=CTwF8cEm-XXXFSjcbQId9xSX-yEaFcg9G7ptjQ%3B&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=40.734251,-74.012318&sspn=0.061265,0.11467&ie=UTF8&ll=40.7587 ,-74.015751&spn=0.061243,0.11467&z=13