• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saffron City - East Coast Regional MELEE Monthlies! ON HOLD indefinitely

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i would have except my gamecube which i used to bring to tournies all the time is at my old house and has been broken for 8 months and i dont even have melee or a controller or a memory card or a gamecube atm

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
What upset me was when I saw 3 or 4 new people and I had to force people off tvs cause everyone wants to stay on the tvs with their friends.
i think this should be touched on more. there r TOOOOO many ppl who think like theyre warm ups r more important than other ppl playing, its one thing for the newer players to not call next because theyre shy (its not my job to call next for u) but its another thing for u to keep playing games after someone acknowleded they wanted to play next. i had both happen to me at this tournament (with ppl standing behind me and NOT saying anything expecting an invitation, and with ppl just starting matches really fast after theyve clearly lost the set or asking for one more match, which isnt one more match cuz if u win ur not gonna get off and ur just start drama).

i think its more new ppl not calling next, its intimidating but just MAN UP :)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i think this should be touched on more. there r TOOOOO many ppl who think like theyre warm ups r more important than other ppl playing, its one thing for the newer players to not call next because theyre shy (its not my job to call next for u) but its another thing for u to keep playing games after someone acknowleded they wanted to play next. i had both happen to me at this tournament (with ppl standing behind me and NOT saying anything expecting an invitation, and with ppl just starting matches really fast after theyve clearly lost the set or asking for one more match, which isnt one more match cuz if u win ur not gonna get off and ur just start drama).

i think its more new ppl not calling next, its intimidating but just MAN UP :)
agreed and of course more setups helps this too

Eggm

Smash Hero
I had like 5 people tell me they down own a gamecube or a wii. Smash + a gamecube at gamestop is like 30$ total. Step it up. And i had many many many tell me its too hard to bring their gamecube/wii.... step it up both systems are like 2 pounds and take up very little space in a bag.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I just got a flawless 1.0 with no scratches at gamestop for 19.99 and they had like 20 copies total. casual gamers who got brawl must all be trading em in right now or something. And gc's are like 15$ so my bad maybe 35$.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I just got a flawless 1.0 with no scratches at gamestop for 19.99 and they had like 20 copies total. casual gamers who got brawl must all be trading em in right now or something. And gc's are like 15$ so my bad maybe 35$.
get me like 2 copies, one as a backup, one for g$ since his has michael j. fox syndrome.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Thats not true. It matters to almost any character in the game. Trust me, I know. Its not just about flame-canceling with Bowser and stuff like that. Its alot more to it.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
word last weekend i got tired of being like "hi im ben, but im blast on the boards, but call me ben" LOLOL get at me :p

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Nobody knows my name or my tag.

I'd walk around and they'd be like, "Who are you?" and I'd be like, "I'm HAB. Holla Atcha Boy on the boards."

Blank stares, niggas, blank stares.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Tipper, I'll be wearing that shirt when I cosplay as Ness. My Ness is no *****-*** Ness.

Also, Cris, I LOVE the Naked Gun sig with the tiger. HILARIOUS!

Allied

Smash Master
Making it to this anyone wanna teamsies :D (whenever the date is cleared XD)

i play captain falcon

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
It should still be the 5th. I was just trying to see if we could fit one in earlier. But it should be the 5th.

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm soooooooo here and trying to get more support. With all the closet Melee lovers that play Brawl for money this should bring 'em back to the scene!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Well, we have a dilemma then. The 5th is really the only day realistically that this can happen. So idk, so far we're keeping this date.

If someone has suggestions, please let me know.

Top Bottom