• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| S.Q.U.A.T. V | DEC 12th/13th | Results to come |

Select all answers that are true for you (You can select more than one answer!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzga

Smash Ace
well i mean if thats cool with you then that would be really awesome. im sure youve seen the details all over the place by now but here they are anyway. see how closeby you are and stuff

the place were staying is at 61 gladstone rd, Highgate Hill.
Our flight arrives at brisbane airport on the 10th of december at 9 pm. We are flying with virgin blue.
Our other flight leaves brisbane airport on the 15th of december at 2 pm

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Is the infinite team grab (the grab release one, melee) banned in doubles? I never see people use it in matches or is it cause its considered stalling or something?

I LAG

Smash Lord
wow there is almost no out of state attendance.
like i know there is a bit but i thought there would be alot more because rocky had alot of OoS attendance.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Is the infinite team grab (the grab release one, melee) banned in doubles? I never see people use it in matches or is it cause its considered stalling or something?
It isn't banned, but good luck trying to do it while both teammates are still alive.

Props if you can in QLD.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
It isn't banned, but good luck trying to do it while both teammates are still alive.
Just do it when only one is alive... O.o. Who would even try to do it with both alive rofl.
Also does anyone ever actually pick rainbow cruise?

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
In the first match of a set in melee, does a player have the rigt to call a blind pick immediatly? or does there have to be counterpicking issues first? Also, when it says, opponents may agree on a random stage, does that mean they can pick one from the list or that they keep randoming until they get one they agree on?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I know it's a bit late but having just re-read over all the Brawl rules, am i right to believe that players are meant to stage ban BEFORE any matches have commenced o___0 Just seems strange to me_

Sieg

Smash Champion
@Kami: Lol, generally when there is a 2v1 left, the 2 will generally try to do an infinite jab/grab combo. Usually followed by an upsmash of some kind lol.

@Cpah: A blind pick can only be called if there are counterpickig issues generally, but I'd assume if you wanted to you would be able to call a blind pick. Although considering you've already bragged about who you main it's not gonna be hard to see who'll you play.

Then again, it's like that for everyone that isn't Kas these days lol.

@Zerk: Yeeeeeeees, players must stage ban before any matches commence.

If I'm wrong feel free to correct me, but I don't think I'm that out of touch yet lol.

MTGod

Smash Champion
@Zerk: Yeeeeeeees, players must stage ban before any matches commence.
Is that only for the first stage though??? It doesn't make much sense to ban a stage if you are going to lose :p Well, unless I'm not thinking correctly... I haven't had much sleep today :p

Sieg

Smash Champion
I thought I noticed your avy from somewhere MT, but then I realised it was Vesperia. sad face.

You ban a stage that is bad for you, then your opponent does, then you random I believe.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Thanks for reminding me about my passport.

I was gonna bag you about not needing a passport to fly over states but then I realized you were in New Zealand lol.

Making myself look like an *** has been avoided lol.

MTGod

Smash Champion
You ban a stage that is bad for you, then your opponent does, then you random I believe.
Ah, so it applies to the four neutral stages then??? So you each strike one and then random the two that are left???

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Ah, so it applies to the four neutral stages then??? So you each strike one and then random the two that are left???
Dream Land, FD, FoD, BF and Yoshi Island. I believe that there are 5 neutral stages. Correct me if im wrong. So you random the three* that are left I think.
Edit : You don't have to ban a netural stage. You can ban a counter pick but the first map you play still has to be randomed from the neutrals I think.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Pretty much. This gives both players a chance to ban a stage that they hate/believe is bad for their character, then you random between the rest.

It's a pretty good system for finding the neutrality between the stages, as you can ban your opponents best stage or a stage that you don't like, so it adds a bit more of a mindgame to the match.

Although alot of us don't care and just random with all 5 stages lol.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Sorry you got me confused_ I assumed it was stage ban for counterpick stages before any matches started_ If you are reffering to stage striking then that's cool_ I just thought it to be unusual to stage ban counterpick stages before any matches begun otherwise you don't fully get an oppourtunity to read your opponent_ I mean there are sometimes more than one CP stage a character may be good on dependant on playstyle etc_

On a side note_ (pasting from other thread) URGENT: Hey guys i just got word from DJCat that i can't get a ride from him from the Gold Coast Airport_ I know it's a little last minute, but if anyone is willing to pick me and my fiance up from the airport at 7am on wednesday morning (tomorrow 9/12/09) that would be ace_ There's fuel money and probably even breakfast involved if anyone is able to show us around a little etc before dropping us off nearby or at DJ's place_

EDIT: zzz forgot to add phone number 0458125849

I know it's a big ask but we would both appreciate it if someone went out of their way to help us out_ Alternatively we can just catch a cab there, given that DJ is home in the morning (still waiting to hear back)

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
its really unfeasiable for me to pick you up... cause its like 1 and 1/2 drive ish :S means i have to sleep really early -.- and i dont have much petroll
ide rather someone else.
if you get to my house (7 oregon drive shailer park)
or loganlea train station???
i can drive you to djs XP but he starts work at 2pm

Sieg

Smash Champion
In case you can't get a ride Zerk, and you need to find your way there, try to grab a Taxi to Robina train station. You can catch the train from there (Only one train because it's end of GC line) up to Loganlea, and then I'm assuming Arrow could probably grab you.

If you need any help finding your way, give us a call on 0430344895. I can help direct you, but I can't actually help you physically as I'll be on my way to work lol. I may be able to wait at Robina from like 7:45 - 8:15 ish though if you're making your way down by my directions.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Ahh shiiit, I was about to say I would, then I remembered I have to be at a meeting at 10am @_@ then again... you arrive at 7? I live in Brisbane so I dunno how long the drive would be lol.

Edit: This the GC Airport?
Coolangatta QLD 4225

tibs7

Smash Champion
is anyone doing anything on friday, like a meet or something? in GC that is

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You are going tibs?
FARRRRRRRRK.

I should be arriving Friday.

I could do a return trip for $10...

but holy moly Tiger Airways starts flying from GC to Sydney like the day after squat.
**** 14 hours on a train during the day :'(

Sieg

Smash Champion
We're usually in the CBD on Friday, although I won't be there.

Uhh, Bob may do something, idk.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
@sieg: I didn't brag about it. Someone asked who my main was. Then ppl said nobody uses him cause he sucks. Then I said that if you can use him he's quite good. Then everybody flamed me and i defended myself by saying that he was better then people thought. Anyway The reason i was asking about a blind pick is that if your against sombody you know and you know they are going to counter then it makes no sense to waste time.

Vlade

Social Outcast
You are going tibs?
FARRRRRRRRK.

I should be arriving Friday.

I could do a return trip for $10...

but holy moly Tiger Airways starts flying from GC to Sydney like the day after squat.
**** 14 hours on a train during the day :'(
DO EEEET :)

Heh it would be alright if you did it with someone else

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
is there a dedicated n64 setup? i've got a friend who wants to come, but he really only plays n64 games and it'd be a pity to waste $15 just to come in and watch for a day, and i know a lot of smashers (or at least a few) love games like goldeneye and perfect dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom